I believe and support a lot of the teachings of Jesus

-=MYK=-

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Chuck, I'll give you this much- you have just managed to sum up what appears to be your entire system of belief in 3 words. I wish I could be that concise

You've almost got it.

I summed up YOUR belief system in 3 words!:p

But seriously, threadmates, I've been watching the news...hurricane reports...

unbelievably horrible.:(

Those poor people.

Chuck

• Members

Originally posted by potaetoes

age is always a factor in IQ... it's part of the equation.

i've yet to meet anyone that goes around volunteering their IQ test score without being asked, who actually demonstrates their claimed level of intelligence. just like most people who go around bragging to everyone they're a black belt, don't usually last too long in a fight.

Just to point out, I was asked, or I wouldn't have said it.

• Members

My fault, he said I was calling him an idiot, so I asked about the IQ.

I think 155 will qualify as 'not an idiot'.

As for proving the IQ score, I think anyone who has read my posts should realize that I'm not bull{censored}ting,

I really am that smart, obviously!

See y'all around 5:30-6am:D

Chuck

• Members
Originally posted by chuckgp

You've almost got it.

I summed up YOUR belief system in 3 words!
:p

Ha, no you didn't. My belief system is highly complex, I can barely grasp it myself, let alone explain it to others... I wish I could sum it up in 3 words...

But seriously, threadmates, I've been watching the news...hurricane reports...

unbelievably horrible.
:(

Those poor people.

Chuck

Yeah, we've had the news on all day... some pretty disturbing scenes. Still, at least the USA has some idea of how to cope with this stuff, it could have been far worse if it had hit an impoverished region- like the tsunami did.

• Members

My fault, he said I was calling him an idiot, so I asked about the IQ.

I think 155 will qualify as 'not an idiot'.

As for proving the IQ score, I think anyone who has read my posts should realize that I'm not bull{censored}ting,

I really am that smart, obviously!

See y'all around 5:30-6am:D

Chuck

I didn't for one second think you were bull{censored}ting, you seem intelligent, and well read. Just a little mislead in some areas, IMO. :)

• Members

Ha, no you didn't. My belief system is highly complex, I can barely grasp it myself, let alone explain it to others... I wish I could sum it up in 3 words...

I didn't for one second think you were bull{censored}ting, you seem intelligent, and well read. Just a little mislead in some areas, IMO

Bingo. Although I prefer 'abstractly challenged'

You can barely grasp your own highly-complex belief system, to the point of calling yourself abstractly challenged.

Yet you can tell I'm misled in some areas.

Literalists.....so sure about other's problems (and our final destination), unable to grasp their own.

Thanks, this really expands my understanding of the pitfalls of your faith.

I give +1 for your honesty. But I'll stick with my own Deistic Gnosticism for now. And I still like Buddha better.

Chuck

Chuck

• Members

Originally posted by caseykey118

Every person who has ever sent themselves on a quest to prove that jesus christ wasn't a living god became a christian....... there is just scientifically more evidence and so many sitings/witnesses that even if we try to talk "logically" about it you just can't turn it down.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read here. Really.

Do you know that besides the New Testament, there are only four times Jesus is mentioned within years of his supposed life? Nobody who met him, no local historian (or other) wrote of him, no city papers, no records, no friends or family, nothing during his life time.

And of the four later historians who wrote of him, there are doubts whether the Jesus stuff was real or added later. And you can't use the Bible as proof of what the Bible says.

You can believe in your fairy stories, you have that right, but come on, give your head a shake before you try to sell your crap here. There is almost zero historical information that Jesus was even around, let alone a son of some god.

• Members

Originally posted by jburn25

Hopefully in the next few sentances/paragraphs I can help clear up a few misconceptions about what Christians beleive.

Christians never try to "force" anything down someones throat. ....

-In Christ-

Jordan

Hahahaha, another lying bastard Christian trying to rationalize his pathetic beliefs. Have you ever heard of the Inquisition? The murders of millions of innocent people over hundreds of years in the name of, with the support of, and by the Church?

He's your god, you go to Hell.

• Members

You can barely grasp your own highly-complex belief system, to the point of calling yourself abstractly challenged.

Yet you can tell I'm misled in some areas.

Literalists.....so sure about other's problems (and our final destination), unable to grasp their own.

Thanks, this really expands my understanding of the pitfalls of your faith.

I give +1 for your honesty. But I'll stick with my own Deistic Gnosticism for now. And I still like Buddha better.

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck, the 'abstractly challenged' comment was a joke. However, it is true that I can barely grasp the enormity of it all- that's partly why I'm always reluctant to tell others what they should believe.

You are misled, because you clearly don't understand what it means to be a christian. Its not about blindly (and literally) following some book, its about a relationship with the living God. You don't have to become one of us (although of course I believe you should) it would just be nice if you could accept that we're not crazy.

If you read my posts, you'll see that I never said I was sure of your 'final destination', in fact I said the opposite- that I had no idea. Please don't put words in my mouth.

• Members
Originally posted by Armitage

Hahahaha, another lying bastard Christian trying to rationalize his pathetic beliefs. Have you ever heard of the Inquisition? The murders of millions of innocent people over hundreds of years in the name of, with the support of, and by the Church?

Thanks for your insightful contribution. :rolleyes: Like I was saying before, you cannot blame christianity for atrocities like the inquisition- it was simply a convenient tool in the agendas of evil people. Unfortunately, it has been throughout its history, and so thats what people associate it with.

I'd encourage you to actually learn about the faith, before you start ripping into it.

• Members

Originally posted by Armitage

Or the Crusades. Anyone remember the Aztecs, or the Incas? Adolf Hitler was a proud Christian. Christians are historically famous for killing off others who don't believe like they do.

• Members
Originally posted by gdb53

Thanks for your insightful contribution.
:rolleyes:
Like I was saying before, you cannot blame christianity for atrocities like the inquisition- it was simply a convenient tool in the agendas of evil people. Unfortunately, it has been throughout its history, and so thats what people associate it with.

I'd encourage you to actually learn about the faith, before you start ripping into it.

Um, sure you can. It was the Christian LEADERS who did this.
"it was simply a convenient tool in the agendas of evil people." Right.

• Members
Originally posted by thefyn

People go to church to pay god to like them. Awesome idea. Who else charges money for men to like them? Hmmm..Let me think. But it gives people comfort so leave em to it.

Like I said to the other guy, please learn about these things before making blanket judgement calls.

It's funny though, that you think you can qualify your ignorance by saying 'But it gives people comfort so leave em to it'- as if that makes your intolerant outlook ok.

:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Dr Wanker

Adolf Hitler was a proud Christian.

Bull{censored}! I can't believe the ignorance of you people. Noone who has killed in the name of christianity is actually a christian. Again, read up before you make idiotic statements.

• Members

Originally posted by Dr Wanker

Um, sure you can. It was the Christian LEADERS who did this.

Your point? You think that because they are leaders, they are somehow a better representation of the faith? Jesus said the first shall be last, and on numerous occasions expoused the virtues of the poor and underpriveleged. Christianity and power do not go hand in hand.

• Members

Originally posted by gdb53

Chuck, the 'abstractly challenged' comment was a joke. However, it is true that I can barely grasp the enormity of it all- that's partly why I'm always reluctant to tell others what they should believe.

You are misled, because you clearly don't understand what it means to be a christian. Its not about blindly (and literally) following some book, its about a relationship with the living God. You don't have to become one of us (although of course I believe you should) it would just be nice if you could accept that we're not crazy.

If you read my posts, you'll see that I never said I was sure of your 'final destination', in fact I said the opposite- that I had no idea. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Why do you have such trouble grasping this enormity?

Because you are trying to fathom the Transcendent, and that's just not possible.

I think I would suggest you try an entheogen. Then you might (if you're lucky) see that there's no THING to grasp. Look within.

So unless we are Christian, there's no chance of knowing the Living God???

AAAaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's just so blind of you, thinking that way.

I hope that's not what you really think.

I accept that YOU aren't crazy,

you've just been misled by the thoughts in your head (where the Hades did I get that quote from?)

I apologize, if you have no idea of what happens.

Just seems to be a major point for the zealots of love.

You should realize this completely, and get that NO ONE

knows what happens after death. Books don't know either.

I can feel your inner Deist, c'mon let him out!!

DROP THE DOGMA.

Chuck

• Members

Why do you have such trouble grasping this enormity?

Because you are trying to fathom the Transcendent, and that's just not possible.

I think I would suggest you try an entheogen. Then you might (if you're lucky) see that there's no THING to grasp. Look within.

So unless we are Christian, there's no chance of knowing the Living God???

AAAaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's just so blind of you, thinking that way.

I hope that's not what you really think.

I accept that YOU aren't crazy,

you've just been misled by the thoughts in your head (where the Hades did I get that quote from?)

I apologize, if you have no idea of what happens.

Just seems to be a major point for the zealots of love.

You should realize this completely, and get that NO ONE

knows what happens after death. Books don't know either.

I can feel your inner Deist, c'mon let him out!!

DROP THE DOGMA.

Chuck

I didn't say 'no chance'- I said I don't know. All that I do know is that my faith is real, and since I don't buy this ridiculous 'whats truth for you isn't truth for me' business, I believe others can have a real faith too.

Why should I give up trying to grasp the ungraspable? Do you really think we're going to ever grasp the entirety of science? Of course not, but scientists keep on trying, and progressing.

If there weren't continually new things for me to learn, my faith would be dead.

Archived