• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

m/
:mad:
m/

Metal > everything else

I know. Ain't it a bitch? I'm still trying to figure out how say, Good Charlotte makes money. To me, they're twice as offensive as anything Cannibal Corpse could do (albeit a completely different kind of offensive), and they're rolling in dough.

Go figure, hu?

• Members

my last band was an original metal band and we averaged usually $100 to $200 per show between door money and merchandise. I quite right as we started to get somewhat established so they might do better in the future, at the time we were basically self sustaining.

• Members

With gas prices rising, we usually break even on tours. We budgeted out this tour we're doing from 9/4 -9/30 and we were going to just break even. Gas jumped dramatically again this week and now we're keeping our fingers crossed that we don't get stranded on the west coast. Ah...the joys of playing metal.

Trey

• Members

Originally posted by Bloodjinn

Ah...the joys of playing metal.

Trey

The best is when you're playing your nuts off, and everyone is still standing like, 10 feet back from the stage, with their arms crossed, just looking at you...even the ones you know damn good and well came to see you.

Which is more or less every gig in Florida I've done.

• Members

I play in a shreddy kind of jam band .We stretch out tunes a bit but we are a lot heavier than say Phish .I own a 50 acre farm that I throw yearly festivals at. I charge 30$ a head and obtain permits from the township I live in to throw the party.The usual attendance is upwards of 2000 or more. It is actually quite a headache because all the insurance liability falls on me being the landowner:(

• Members

Originally posted by Sun Ra

I play in a shreddy kind of jam band .We stretch out tunes a bit but we are a lot heavier than say Phish .I own a 50 acre farm that I throw yearly festivals at. I charge 30$ a head and obtain permits from the township I live in to throw the party.The usual attendance is upwards of 2000 or more. It is actually quite a headache because all the insurance liability falls on me being the landowner:(

some one else turned me on to doing that..except it was a rave fest type thing..you can a ton doing that..

• Members
Originally posted by Dave Owens

some one else turned me on to doing that..except it was a rave fest type thing..you can a ton doing that..

Hell yes you can! you have to be tricky with the wording on the tickets or you can get in trouble.You have to say donation on the ticket.:eek:

• Members
Originally posted by SgtThump

Oh, that's the whole band!
:eek:
I'm doing great if I walk out of there with $100 in my pocket and here lately, that's about average for us. We're a 5 piece band...

Chris

Ya know Bro, its been so long since I played out regularly that If I was getting that, Id be more than happy..

Back in the day when I was in a Journey Cover band, we used to make some serious Kwan and Our singer didnt do the best Steve Perry either LOL!!! The music was spot on though and he was a good singer but far from great. There was this guy from the Island who was AMAZING!!! he was in a band called Valentine that I thought Kicked all kinds of ass but now hes doingthe Journey cover thing. Ill try and find you a link. this guy has tried to remake himself as Steve Perry and is a little creepy

Kage

Archived