Does Tookie deserve to die?

ncook

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont condone capital punishment in general but he is a worthless piece of garbage who deserves anything that comes to him for his gang bull{censored}. I dont care if he's written out about it since then, he still killed people (and you can bet it was a whole lot more than he got convicted for) and caused the deaths of many others (though, not much loss outside of innocents caught in the crossfire).

• Members

I'm an eye for an eye type of person. Killing him once doesnt seem fair seeing as how he killed four people. I dont care how sorry he is or how much he says he's changed or how much repentence he's shown......all that can not bring back those four lives that he took. I say kill him.

PS. Cool Afro !

• Members

He's more use to society alive then dead. He has a huge amount of influence inside his cell, an influence that he has used for good in recent years. Because of him many have quit their gangs or not joined them all together...

Also, if he is executed, I guarantee you there will be a black retaliation. Can you say "Rodney King times a million"?

• Members

Originally posted by Dr. T

He's more use to society alive then dead. He has a huge amount of influence inside his cell, an influence that he has used for good in recent years. Because of him many have quit their gangs or not joined them all together...

Also, if he is executed, I guarantee you there will be a black retaliation. Can you say "Rodney King times a million"?

Hes of use to society because people might remember, commit a murder and you die. Even Tookie who turned good still died for his crimes.

As far as riots go, who cares.

• Members

Originally posted by Dr. T

Those reasons don't make much sense.

We can't enforce our laws because a group of people may retaliate?

Also, the objective is not to find a use for him. There are consequences for killing four people. Just because he is "usefull" makes no difference.

• Members

Originally posted by ncook

Hes of use to society because people might remember, commit a murder and you die. Even Tookie who turned good still died for his crimes.

As far as riots go, who cares.

I agree! Who cares if they riot...it's their {censored}ing town and people they're hurting most of all. I would LOVE to see some swat team action breaking that {censored} up though...live ammo mow down!

• Members

Originally posted by dissonance

I say just switch him to life without parole.

Yeah that way we give in to terrorism right here at home...{censored} THAT! Fry his ass and show them we don't give a {censored} about their pissy little riot threats!

• Members

Maybe God should be the one to forgive him. My feeling is: He knew it was wrong and did it anyway. Just because you write a few books and claim you changed your life around and now do good for people dosen't erase the crime. It took prison to convince him to change his ways, it takes God to forgive him. Let it be a good lesson for other gang members to learn from, you want to be tough, rob, hurt and murder people we'll kill you like a worthless rat.

When you think of all the people Arnold killed in movies this should be an easy task for him. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Paul J. Edwards

I do not believe in capital punishment under any circumstance. Let him rot in jail.

He can do all his do good {censored} behind bars.

Indeed!

I love supporting criminals...especially VIOLENT ones....with 3 squares, a roof, and entertainment like baseball, weightlifting and TV!

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by ss454

Yeah that way we give in to terrorism right here at home...{censored} THAT! Fry his ass and show them we don't give a {censored} about their pissy little riot threats!

Yeah but who says you're giving into the "terrorists" if you don't kill the guy? You shouldn't let the "terrorists" swing you one way or the other. It sounds like you're basing your decision on "terrorists" rather than the situation.

Originally posted by bstaley

Why? (just wondering)

Because there's enough worthless unreformed people to dispose of. At least this guy is doing good. Life in prison is still a severe sentence but at least he's helping people and providing more of a service to society than the most of the people in there.

• Members

Originally posted by Paul J. Edwards

I do not believe in capital punishment under any circumstance. Let him rot in jail.

He can do all his do good {censored} behind bars.

He can do all his do good {censored} in Hell.

If your not willing to enforce the law then why have any?

I think we forget the pain and suffering of the victums and their family they leave behind way to fast, and concentrate way too much on the rights of the criminal.

• Members

Yeah but who says you're giving into the "terrorists" if you don't kill the guy? You shouldn't let the "terrorists" swing you one way or the other. It sounds like you're basing your decision on "terrorists" rather than the situation.

a killers a killer, labels dont make one better than the other. Who care is hes doing good? Do you think he would be doing good if he wasnt facing death? Everyone who murders will start thinking that all they have to do to escape the death sentence is some phony community service crap, or write a book.

• Members

Because there's enough worthless unreformed people to dispose of. At least this guy is doing good. Life in prison is still a severe sentence but at least he's helping people and providing more of a service to society than the most of the people in there.

How do you know what he's doing in there? You know how many ex-con's become precher's??? I know several myself...my cousin is one of them. He said finding God and doing good will get you time off and when you get out it's a decent paying job you wouldn't get otherwise...my soon to be ex's cousin is also a preacher and I was working with him one day when he got a call about a new church and he was discussing his employment package and what he was being asked to do...he said "Ok so does that include hospital visits when church members are sick or is that extra? What about special events and holidays? Ok so that's for the whole service package...when can I look at the house?" What a piece of {censored}...I'm sure Took is doing everything he can to get back on the streets and nobody will know if his intentions are just or not.

• Members

Originally posted by bstaley

Those reasons don't make much sense.

We can't enforce our laws because a group of people may retaliate?

Also, the objective is not to find a use for him. There are consequences for killing four people. Just because he is "usefull" makes no difference.

I'm not saying we shouldn't enforce our laws. And I still think he should be locked up for life. I realize he's a cold blooded murderer. But ponder this: the ideal purpose of law is to keep society in order. We have a man who is working ardently dissolve the gang scene, which has yielded some success, given his situation. He is a man looked up to by many in the black community; he is a symbol for redemption. To kill this man would further alienate the black community. Is it really worth it to follow through with his sentence? Can you see the repercussions of his execution? Can you see the positive things that he has accomplished and will continue to accomplish if he is allowed to live?

I am not against the death penalty, but I feel this one time an exception must be made.

• Members

Originally posted by Johnny Z

He can do all his do good {censored} in Hell.

If your not willing to enforce the law then why have any?

I think we forget the pain and suffering of the victums and their family they leave behind way to fast, and concentrate way too much on the rights of the criminal.

+1

Archived