Does Tookie deserve to die?

ncook

• Members

Thanks man.

I am only against the principal of killing someone.

Tookie was scum. I just personally believe that a life sentence in solitary confinement would be a more severe punishment.

AND people would kill less. As much sympathy I have towards someone who has had a friend or family member taken away from them by violent hands............... cold-blooded murder is not the answer.

Be the bigger man, and let the {censored}er waste the rest of his life thinking about what he did.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by bstaley

So we are wrong for thinking Tookie, a real murderer, should have been executed but you think tequila_titan should be executed for what? Last time I checked tequila_titan hadn't done anything but you want him dead and Tookie alive?!?!?! Sorry dude, you just lost all credibility.

I am not saying the tequila should be murdered. I am saying he should have sympathy towards people that were wrongfully executed.

Remeber, he said that "everyone in prison is innocent".

If he ever commited a crime, which I seriously doubt will ever happen, he should not be murdered at all. He should just recognize the implications of his statement.

• Members

Originally posted by Captain_Scallop

I am not saying the tequila should be murdered. I am saying he should have sympathy towards people that were wrongfully executed.

Remeber, he said that "everyone in prison is innocent".

If he ever commited a crime, which I seriously doubt will ever happen, he should not be murdered at all. He should just recognize the implications of his statement.

If you reread your quote you actually said you hope he gets framed and cries like a bitch when they give him the needle. You quote never mentions the word sympathy. If you said it in the heat of the moment just admit it. Don't deny saying it because you did in fact say it.

• Members
Originally posted by bstaley

If you reread your quote you actually said you hope he gets framed and cries like a bitch when they give him the needle. You quote never mentions the word sympathy. If you said it in the heat of the moment just admit it. Don't deny saying it because you did in fact say it.

Ok, I did say it in the heat of the moment. I am sorry for making that unclear and apologize.

I don't mean harm to anyone. :(

I just don't think killing a murderer in a safely guarded cell is the right way to stop murders.

• Members

Interviewer: Alright, Mr. Wilson, you've done just fine on the Rorshact.. your papers are in good order.. your file's fine.. no difficulties with your motor skills.. And I think you're probably ready for this job. We've got one more psychological test we always do here. It's just a Word Association. I'll throw you out a few words - anything that comes to your mind, just throw back at me, okay? It's kind of an arbitrary thing. Like, if I say "dog", you'd say..?

Mr. Wilson: "Tree".

Interviewer: "Tree". [ nods head, prepares the test papers ] "Dog".

Mr. Wilson: "Tree".

Interviewer: "Fast".

Mr. Wilson: "Slow".

Interviewer: "Rain".

Mr. Wilson: "Snow".

Interviewer: "White".

Mr. Wilson: "Black".

Interviewer: "Bean".

Mr. Wilson: "Pod".

Interviewer: [ casually ] "Negro".

Mr. Wilson: "Whitey".

Interviewer: "Tarbaby".

Mr. Wilson: [ silent, sure he didn't hear what he thinks he heard ] What'd you say?

Interviewer: [ repeating ] "Tarbaby".

Mr. Wilson: "Ofay".

Interviewer: "Colored".

Mr. Wilson: "Redneck".

Interviewer: "Junglebunny".

Mr. Wilson: [ starting to get angry ] "Peckerwood!"

Interviewer: "Burrhead".

Mr. Wilson: [ defensive ] "Cracker!"

Interviewer: [ aggressive ] "Spearchucker".

Mr. Wilson: "White trash!"

Interviewer: "Jungle Bunny!"

Mr. Wilson: [ upset ] "Honky!"

Interviewer: "Spade!

Mr. Wilson: [ really upset ] "Honky Honky!"

Interviewer: [ relentless ] "Nigger!"

Mr. Wilson: [ immediate ] "Dead honky!" [ face starts to flinch ]

Interviewer: [ quickly wraps the interview up ] Okay, Mr. Wilson, I think you're qualified for this job. How about a starting salary of $5,000?

Mr. Wilson: Your momma!

Interviewer: [ fumbling ] Uh.. $7,500 a year?

Mr. Wilson: Your grandmomma!

Interviewer: [ desperate ] $15,000, Mr. Wilson. You'll be the highest paid janitor in America. Just, don't.. don't hurt me, please..

Mr. Wilson: Okay.

Interviewer: [ relieved ] Okay.

Mr. Wilson: You want me to start now?

Interviewer: Oh, no, no.. that's alright. I'll clean all this up. Take a couple of weeks off, you look tired.

[ fade ]

• Members

Originally posted by 17 Tubes

Fine...use your logic then. Is this how you speak to everyone? Okay Spock.

(J/K....I know what you mean Paul. But let's try to be buds here...not The Cellge Debate Team Competition)

My point is your are chosing who dies. You're choosing to let the proven violent criminals have a chance to murder and harm innocent people. You are choosing a justice system that is hardly justice. It's a bed and breakfast. As I have said ealier, MOST of the "bad" things that happen in prisons are the result of what the inmates do to each other, not the conditions imposed by the State.

These are things that I have said OVER AND OVER. Chris and I have gone round and round...but I don't see how anyone can argue the fact that The State does not administer true justice, true punishment, true rehab.

Prisons are a BURDEN to society. The burden of justice, rehab, "repaying debts to society and victims" MUST fall with the criminal. Chris wanted to nail me to the wall for this, but I don't get that at all.

And once again...if the death penalty is to be inacted, we must have faith that beyond ANY reasonable doubt (confession, OVERWHELMING evidence, multiple eye-witness accounts) still means something.

As Kage told me...this thing will never really be solved. If you think food, shelter, and clothing for life is punishment, I can't change your mind.

I was not going to post here again because I stated my opinion and figured I would just leave it at that but you came off so cool and polite that I just had to respond in kind.

First off prison is not a bed and breakfast. I know some people who have been to jail and let me tell you it is no picnic. Who cares if it is the other inmates or the guards that makes it hard . It's still hard.

My main point is, and always will be, is that it is wrong to kill.

Not to take this too far off the track but I am willing to bet that those that support the death penalty are also OK with torturing people.

One last thing... when you say"Prisons are a BURDEN to society. The burden of justice, rehab, "repaying debts to society and victims" MUST fall with the criminal. "

You sound a bit like Scrooge. People make mistakes, some small some bigger. You just can't cast people to the wind just because they made a mistake.

Have some heart man.

• Members

Originally posted by Paul J. Edwards

I was not going to post here again because I stated my opinion and figured I would just leave it at that but you came off so cool and polite that I just had to respond in kind.

First off prison is not a bed and breakfast. I know some people who have been to jail and let me tell you it is no picnic. Who cares if it is the other inmates or the guards that makes it hard . It's still hard.

My main point is, and always will be, is that it is wrong to kill.

Not to take this too far off the track but I am willing to bet that those that support the death penalty are also OK with torturing people.

One last thing... when you say"Prisons are a BURDEN to society. The burden of justice, rehab, "repaying debts to society and victims" MUST fall with the criminal. "

You sound a bit like Scrooge. People make mistakes, some small some bigger. You just can't cast people to the wind just because they made a mistake.

Have some heart man.

Paul...I know what you mean. I've been saying the same thing for pages now (I WON'T POST HERE AGAIN! Dammit. I just did.)

And hey....I've said that we (including Draelyc) can NOT agree and still remain civil.

You make good points. And you are right. If "torturing" *ONE* GUILTY person leads to the salvation or SECURITY of hundreds or millions...torture away.

I am ALL for saving the innocent. That's my MAIN point. But by SAVING the guilty, we put the innocent at risk. Not fair, huh?

A "mistake" is slipping a retailers music disk in your pocket... running over a kid who jumped out in the street. A mistake is "playing" with a gun and blowing up your best friend.

Shooting somebody's face off with a shotgun and splattering it on the wall to rob them of $100 bucks is NOT a "mistake". It is a WILLFUL and violent act and should be dealt with as such.

I understand your revulsion. Really. Life is full of paradoxes and difficult deeds. Throughout history there has been great things that come from hard decisions and actions. I am glad that SOME people have the courage to do what is distasteful, but neccessary.

• Members

Originally posted by 17 Tubes

You make good points. And you are right. If "torturing" *ONE* GUILTY person leads to the salvation or SECURITY of hundreds or millions...torture away..

Sorry if I gave that impression. I am not at all in favor of torture. Don't know how you got that from what I posted.

For the most part torture does not result in good intellegence. They just tell you what you want to hear. It's immoral and just wrong.

OK ...that's it. I'm outta here.

Merry Christmas or Happy Hannukah.... whatever.

Peace to you.

• Members
Originally posted by Paul J. Edwards

Sorry if I gave that impression. I am not at all in favor of torture. Don't know how you got that from what I posted.

For the most part torture does not result in good intellegence. They just tell you what you want to hear. It's immoral and just wrong.

OK ...that's it. I'm outta here.

Merry Christmas or Happy Hannukah.... whatever.

Peace to you.

I now you won't see this...but I know you don't favor torture. I said that you were right that those who "favor" the death penalty DO!

Here is a great example of how hard it is to talk about this kind of thing on the boards. Misunderstandings....:(

Edit: I think "torture" is the wrong word. It *can* imply coercion. But for the most part it means inflicting pain for the sake of pain....not gain.

How about "intensive interrogation"? :D

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I think that mega-fro is enough to absolve him of any wrongdoing, no matter how deviant.

seriously he's {censored}ing yoked in the pic:eek:

But he's {censored}ing already dead guys! HE WAS EXECUTED IN In December 2005 WHY THE BUMP!?

I DO support capital punishment in many cases but I also believe in repentance, i believe he was truly repentant but should have stayed in jail for the rest of his life NO PARDON, while being allowed to continue speaking on his issues.

Archived