Does Tookie deserve to die?

ncook

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Dr. T

Actually he's been writing books to end gang violence. At best he'll get life without parole, which is what he wants.

I should think so. Life sounds better than death, death is scary enough to make a criminal act like a saint.

FUN FACT:The repeat offence rate of an executed criminal is 0.00%

• Members

It's not like he will get away scott free. He'll still be doing hard time.

Put yourself in society's shoes: Do you want a couple of people's feelings hurt, or do you want to end the vicous cycle of gang violence and not alienate an entire race?

Priorities, priorities.

• Members

Originally posted by ncook

I should think so. Life sounds better than death, death is scary enough to make a criminal act like a saint.

FUN FACT:The repeat offence rate of an executed criminal is 0.00%

God damnit, are you stupid? It's either he'll get executed, or he'll get life with NO {censored}ING PAROLE meaning HE WON'T EVER be back on the streets committing crimes. He is more of more use to society alive then dead.

• Members

Originally posted by OverDriven

Personally I think he should be put to death. If I were a member of one of the victim's families, I would be pissed if the dude ends up not getting the chair. Put yourself in thier shoes for a minute.

-Joe

I hear what you are saying but you would be reacting emotionally.

How does killing someone solve the problem? Do you think the death penalty is effective? It has been proven that it is not a detterent.

• Members

Do you want a couple of people's feelings hurt, or do you want to end the vicous cycle of gang violence and not alienate an entire race?

Priorities, priorities.

If we let Tookie live he'll end the vicous cycle of gang violence and not alienate an entire race?

• Members

God damnit, are you stupid? It's either he'll get executed, or he'll get life with NO {censored}ING PAROLE meaning HE WON'T EVER be back on the streets committing crimes. He is more of more use to society alive then dead.

+1

• Members

More FUN FACTS!!! The escape rate of an executed criminal is 0.00%

Bonus FUN FACT: The in prison violence rate of an executed criminla is 0.00%

• Members

It's not like he will get away scott free. He'll still be doing hard time.

Put yourself in society's shoes: Do you want a couple of people's feelings hurt, or do you want to end the vicous cycle of gang violence and not alienate an entire race?

Priorities, priorities.

Good god man are you on crack? Alienate an entire race? End gang violence? LOL...yeah buddy...this dude is going to end gang violence. And no it won't alienate an entire race. It'll piss off the stupid asses who are stupid enough to support a murderer.

-Joe

• Members

Originally posted by ncook

More FUN FACTS!!! The escape rate of an executed criminal is 0.00%

Bonus FUN FACT: The in prison violence rate of an executed criminla is 0.00%

Hey, why don't we execute everyone!

He's in a high security section of San Quentin. He's not going to be escaping or starting fights anytime soon.

• Members

Hey, why don't we execute everyone!

He's in a high security section of San Quentin. He's not going to be escaping or starting fights anytime soon.

I'm glad I dont have to argue your position, that was just weak.

BUT! He's going to be able to end gang violence and not alienate an entire race from his little high security cell right?

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Tragic

I hear what you are saying but you would be reacting emotionally.

How does killing someone solve the problem? Do you think the death penalty is effective? It has been proven that it is not a detterent.

Where did you get that fact? I mean do you think they interviewed people and those people responded "Well I was going to kill this guy but the death penalty kept me from doing it!"? Noone would admit that, so its impossible to say that its not effective. I think that by not putting him to death, they are sending out the message that you can avoid the death penalty if you are a big enough media sensation. This guy is well known. Make an example out of him.

-Joe

• Members

Good god man are you on crack? Alienate an entire race? End gang violence? LOL...yeah buddy...this dude is going to end gang violence. And no it won't alienate an entire race. It'll piss off the stupid asses who are stupid enough to support a murderer.

-Joe

Jesus, in case you haven't noticed there is severe racial divide in America right now. We need to be working to improve race relations right now, and killing Tookie will just piss off the majority of blacks who think he's done a lot of good for their communities since he's been in prison.

FUN FACT: MANY HAVE ATTRIBUTED TOOKIE'S BOOKS AS TO WHY THEY HAVEN'T JOINED GANGS OR AS TO WHY THEY HAVE GOTTEN OUT OF THEM!

• Members

Where did you get that fact? I mean do you think they interviewed people and those people responded "Well I was going to kill this guy but the death penalty kept me from doing it!"? Noone would admit that, so its impossible to say that its not effective. I think that by not putting him to death, they are sending out the message that you can avoid the death penalty if you are a big enough media sensation. This guy is well known. Make an example out of him.

-Joe

Yeah really, it might make up for the missed chance to fry O.J.- another (in)famous murderer.

• Members

Originally posted by mikenothing

I he killed anyone in your family you would want him put to death. You kill, you die.

Probably, but that would be reacting solely on my desires as an individual and not for society as a whole.

• Members

Jesus, in case you haven't noticed there is severe racial divide in America right now. We need to be working to improve race relations right now, and killing Tookie will just piss off the majority of blacks who think he's done a lot of good for their communities since he's been in prison.

Who cares, they got a freebe with O.J. Did that appease them? NO. Now they're threatening to do it again with Tookie. Are you going to bend over and take it in the rear everytime somebody whine and threatens you? Are you French? Screw them, if they kill they die like everyone else.

FUN FACT: MANY HAVE ATTRIBUTED TOOKIE'S BOOKS AS TO WHY THEY HAVEN'T JOINED GANGS OR GOTTEN OUT OF THEM!

Give me an example. Or are you just saying that because you assume its true. And even if there were, how many of those would it take to make up for murdering 4 people?

• Members

Tookie was an occasional lifting partner with Arnold in the '70s. Small world. They definitely are acquainted. There's no proof he murdered those people. You think the cops never lie or plant evidence? You think that innocent people never land on death row? I don't think the State should have that power. Greedy, ambitious DAs will stop at nothing to "solve" crimes and come across as tough on crime. They need a convenient chump to dump on. Throw out your high school civics books, Clyde, and open your eyes. And if someone slays a friend or family member, hunt them down and nappytime 'em you own bad se'f, honeychiles.

• Members

Originally posted by mikenothing

If he killed anyone in your family you would want him put to death. You kill, you die.

I sure as hell wouldn't. I can seperate my emotions from what I feel is fundementaly wrong. Obviously, either you can't or you see nothing wrong with it.

• Members
Originally posted by Strandwolf

Tookie was an occasional lifting partner with Arnold in the '70s. Small world. They definitely are acquainted. There's no proof he murdered those people. You think the cops never lie or plant evidence? You think that innocent people never land on death row? I don't think the State should have that power. Greedy, ambitious DAs will stop at nothing to "solve" crimes and come across as tough on crime. They need a convenient chump to dump on. Throw out your high school civics books, Clyde, and open your eyes. And if someone slays a friend or family member, hunt them down and nappytime 'em you own bad se'f, honeychiles.

So, your probably hoping for a full pardon, mabe give him a little cash for the misunderstanding?

• Members

Originally posted by desiderium

I sure as hell wouldn't. I can seperate my emotions from what I feel is fundementaly wrong. Obviously, either you can't or you see nothing wrong with it.

I dont think anyone could know for sure unless it happens. I'm pretty sure I could kill someone in a heart beat if they hurt my family, but its never happened so I dont know for sure.

EDIT: I thought about it, I could.

• Members

Please tell me why he should be kept alive- do we wish to finance a murderer and keep him living in a cell @ a cost of $100k+ per year splertting out propaganda and elected for a peace prize?

I understand that it should not boil down to dollars and cents,

and, I wish that did not influence my decision, but, it does.

Law abiding citizens should not be burdened with those who are evil...and he is evil. There is bad in this world, and they should be held accountable and destroyed if proven guilty.

Punish those who are bad, reward those who are good. Yes, that is a subjective statement, but, I believe all people are born with a sense of good and bad.

Life is a series of choices, no matter what your circumstance.

Thanks for reading,

gecko

Archived