cloudnine

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by JamesPeters

Hey dood, I sent you a package of whale blubber, using Terrance and Phillip Express Courier. It'll arrive at your igloo Monday. Check your e-mail for the tracking number and more details. I tried calling you yesterday (by cupping my hands, putting them in front of my mouth and yelling), but you weren't home.

LOL! :D

• Members
Originally posted by JamesPeters

Hey dood, I sent you a package of whale blubber, using Terrance and Phillip Express Courier. It'll arrive at your igloo Monday. Check your e-mail for the tracking number and more details. I tried calling you yesterday (by cupping my hands, putting them in front of my mouth and yelling), but you weren't home.

I emailed you back eh.....and thanks eh...
I heard you, but I was in the outhouse eh...

Big Hugs

Adam

• Members
Originally posted by PlayboyChris

Oh wait. Now I get it. Some sort of Abu Gharib or Guantanamo Bay thing. Yeah, that really hits me where I live. Not.

Pretty strong words coming from a pacifist, JBT.

I thought it was funny. Um, you dont think I'm a pacifist do you? That's a fightin werd, where I'm from!:mad::D

• Members
Originally posted by JackBootedThug

I thought it was funny. Um, you dont think I'm a pacifist do you? That's a fightin werd, where I'm from!
:mad::D

I dunno, I thought that maybe with your moniker you were trying to suggest something about the duality of man. The Jungian thing.

• Members
Originally posted by PlayboyChris

I dunno, I thought that maybe with your moniker you were trying to suggest something about the duality of man. The Jungian thing.

No, not at all. Just so you guys know, I deal and have dealt with a lot of these characters over the past 6.5 years. I really have no sympathy for these animals at all. Especially after being almost killed by a bunch of these so called"muslims". The only thing that suprises me about man is when one helps another. The world is a bad place, and it's not getting any better. Did I make any sense at all? I've been awake for over 36 hours now.:freak:

I'm speaking of actual members of terrorist organizations, not domestic prison splinter groups. e.g. Islamic Jihad, a couple of mujahadin, etc. Also a few branch davidians from Waco as well. The majority are in for providing material support, but there's also quite a few in custody for being involved in the "real thing".

• Members
Originally posted by macmax

i identify with a country in the caribbean, the DR.

By the way, i won't even argue with you, first there are many things that need to be read, and it wasn't the lesser of 2 evils, it was who could made me more money .

Only one fact, we did say that Saddam was evil because he used chemical weapons against the Kurds? right?

Guess what, we brought that up becasue we wanted to invade Iraq, but did you KNOW that a month and a half and a year after that THE USA sold , yes SOLD chemicals to that evil man???????

DID YOU KNOW that there are 3 theories on that attack????

Did you happen to know that the Chopters were sold by the USA to him and were american made????

So please , before u start speaking to me as u always do and start shotuing at me as u always do, only because i used to joke with you and becasue i didn't really dig the Line 6's , start reading a bit my friend.

By the way, this mf spic has 2 college degrees and one master and is thinking about going the PHD way ,

But i am tired of you attacking me and insulting me at all times due, and yes, i am a very good hearted person, but i am also a dude that has hot blood running thru his veins, that been said,

i won't even bother responding to you unless it is in a good decent way.

Well, here's what I wrote:

Let's see here...

We supported saddam when he was fighting Iran, a country that just before the Iran/Iraq war held hundreds of our citizens hostage for over a year. Lesser of two evils at the time.

We supported Osama when his Taliban/Mojahadeen was fighting the Russians in Afghanistan. Again, lesser of two evils.

So explain how the above is wrong. BTW, macmax, what nationality are you? You come across as american at times (using the 'we' like you're one of us) and then you identify with other countries too. which is it?

Pete

Yeah, that's incredibly offensive, what I wrote. You're probably still reeling from the verbal lashing I gave. What was the worst part, or was it all horribly brutal? What did I write that wasn't "in a decent way"? Please note not only are you accusing me of 'shouting' but you were typing all caps. Might be a little bit hypocritical of you, don'tcha think?

Pete
the dude with 'cool blood' running through his white veins

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

Some of us countries dont crave power.
:idea:

Yeah..you just let the other countries do all the work and benefit from the proceeds.

You don't benefit from the well-being of the United States....correct?

Yeah..you benefit, but for some reason you have a more holier reason to object to any perceived evils. You can stand back and "objectively" criticize.

OHHHHhhHH! Good work!...Bravo!

There have been, and ARE Canadian citizens who have give their lives for the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness....for people of other nations as well as their own. Unfortunately, Canada is even worse than the USA in honoring that sacrifice.

As for the orginal point of this thread, do not underestimate the importance of this stroy. Al-Zarqawi was a major player in world terrorism and won't be replaced as easy as you think. You may have 10 who step into his place, but won't necessarily fill his shoes. Not so easy to be a terrorist, these days.

• Members
Originally posted by 17 Tubes

Yeah..you just let the other countries do all the work and benefit from the proceeds.

You don't benefit from the well-being of the United States....correct?

Yeah..you benefit, but for some reason you have a more holier reason to object to any perceived evils. You can stand back and "objectively" criticize.

OHHHHhhHH! Good work!...Bravo!

There have been, and ARE Canadian citizens who have give their lives for the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness....for people of other nations as well as their own. Unfortunately, Canada is even worse than the USA in honoring that sacrifice.

Canada has done more than its share in the conflicts of the past and had one of the highest ratios of population to enlisted men, so please, dont try it. The only thing you guys have defended us from recently are our fair shake of softwood lumber money.

Yes we benefit, of course. Doesnt mean I cant criticize the American administration.

• Members
Originally posted by Aineias

Not that it has any bearing on the content of my post but I'm a Philosophy student whose thinking is very much concerned with
facts
and
logic
. Now I expect you'll get an impression of me as a lefty idealist from this information and, yes, my political persuasion do lie significantly left of your own. However, anticipating this conclusion (rightly or wrongly - I beleive that the point is still worth being made) it is worth noting that my qualm with you is not with your opinion nor your desire to expressand defend it. My problem is that you act out of ignorance and let your agression get the better of you. You can't even attempt to make a factual point without including the phrase "Arab scum". This phrase introduces a value judgement to what is, ostensibly, a factual statement. Once again, this completely undermines any factual credibility you might have.

I regret that my age is such that I haven't experienced the "decades" of pseudo-religious slaughter that has been perpetrated by "Arabs" for decades - however, it is rediculous to say that "nobody cared". Might I take you back to that little fiasco in 1990/91 now know as "Gulf War 1". I hate to burst your bubble here but that was a conflict over a decade before the attacks on the World Trade Centre that a very large number of people cared a great deal about - not elast of all the soldiers who died in that conflict. Needless to say, on that basis that Saddam had invaded Kuwait, this is a conflict much more legitimate than the more recent operations in Iraq which was based wholly upon the false premise that Iraq possessed Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Finally, this war is not a "Game", and it is this frivolity which many find so disgusting. The reality of war is the brutal taking of human lives and it is never a pleasant business - though, regrettably, sometimes a neccessary one. Individuals may express preferences against War on grounds of principle, but it takes only a small shred of rationality to understand that the international nature of such military actions requires that grand decisions be made on the most pragmatic basis we have yet found: Democracy. Once a Democratically elected Government has made a decision to go to war, the sensible man will accept that this decision has been made using the process set out by National Law and that, on technical grounds, this is the right action to take.

Individuals may protest at the reasoning behind such a decision, and question either the execution of the official processes or the actual processes themselves (this is a little thing you Americans refer to as Free Speech), but in principle, the action was right.

Problems arise, of course, when governments deceive their populous through the machinery of political "spin", but this is, yet again, another matter.

And this perfectly demonstrates those traits which led me to describe you as

Your focus on Nationality = Bigot.

Notion that my motivations lie in nationalistic outrage that my country is no longer "top of the food chain" = Irrational.

From the context of my previous post, it is quite clear that I possess no such Nationalistic pride and most certainly have no aspriations to be at the top of any hypothetical food chain.

"don't look to America to bail your stupid ass out" = egocentric and danerously-nationalistic.

And the conclusion that you are stupid and thoughtless follows from your conduct.

Finally, we may not have had a 9/11 here in Britain, but we were targetted by terrorists and innocent people have lost their lives. It wasn't of the same magnitude but it was not pleasant being on London trains that day as I can testify from experience. However, you will not find Britons harping on about these attacks in 5 years time and using it to justify mindless agression against whosoever we choose (current information is that neither Iraq nor Iran had anything to do with those attacks and 9/11 is no justification for your views upon thses countries).

This does not mean any disrespect to those that lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks (and if a friend or family member of yours was killed Skidmarx, then you have my sympathies). In fact, I would consider it a greater affront to their memory that their deaths are being used to justify this level of anger, hatred and fuel a desire for vengence over justice.

This repsonse might not get any appriciation from your buddies interested in points scoring, but I'm not a politician canvassing for votes in a Presidential/Parliamentary election. Blast off a quick-whitted volley of vituperation if you must. Maybe someone else might appreciate this for it's merits.

oh, British. Go figure.:rolleyes: Well, thanx for the lecture, bloke. And if you see Tony Blaire, give him a right good hug for me, won'tcha? God Save the Queen!