Musik Messe - March 24th - Rumors

• Members

Any info on the other korg the PS 60? Its being called a "performance synth" i dunno that term conjures up thoughts of a juno stage type crappy rompler thing.

The monotron is a major let down i don't really see the point in it tbh.

Gaia looks quite interesting but there's only room for 64 presets on the board. Jesus it's 2010 not 1995.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm really losing my faith in korg. The mini keys worked for the microkorg 'cos it had a small chassis therefore it was compact and portable. Slapping mini keys on a large chassis like a workstation just defeats the whole purpose. I mean WTF were they thinking. Hopefully the Ps 60 can redeem them.

• Members

That really is one of the worst designs ever.

I didn't think they could make something flimsier than the m50.

It's insulting really - the lack of quality that the larger companies put into their products. Maybe if they were built a little better a few more of us would be happy to part with the money to buy them new as opposed second-hand. In my opinion the majority of the new products on the market are only worth their second hand prices (if that).

• Members

that Lucina (In Roman mythology, Lucina was the goddess of childbirth!) video cracks me up. It seems like they got adults to do the childrens voices in the voice over... why?! If they are good enough to market to and buy your goofy product I would think they would be good enough to voice the commercial.

• Members

Both the microSTATION and Monotron look really cool to me. There isn't really an affordable workstation out there ($650 range maybe? $700?) and with USB MIDI, an editor/librarian, and enough sounds that don't suck, I completely expect it to do well.

It's the kind of board I'd buy my nephew... if I had a nephew.

• Members
yea.. if that thing is 100% analog and that cheap, people will hack the hell out of it. audio ins and everything. I wouldn't be surprised if thats what korg had in mind given the success of the gakken and what not.

$70? That's cool. It's more of an effect pedal than a true synthesizer from the looks of it... but its priced like that too. Good for bands that want to make obnoxious woo-woo noises on stage. :lol:

Archived