Musik Messe - March 24th - Rumors

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
it's 46 .. yes.

but my microx is 68 I think..? Some m3 ish sounds and a sequencer would round out my setup nicely.. just a newer rompler with some keys and a sequencer is what I think i am missing.

But what new sounds :lol:

Could be all new super cheeze factory never heard before super cheeze sounds :cop:

take care young sonus :lol:

• Members

it's 46 .. yes.

but my microx is 68 I think..? Some m3 ish sounds and a sequencer would round out my setup nicely.. just a newer rompler with some keys and a sequencer is what I think i am missing.

Hmm.. Seems like the sequencer is your biggest concern right now, and that doesn't look too promising on the microstation.

• Members
Welcome to the age of plastic. It's the end of decent keybeds, aftertouch, pedal jacks, internal power supplies and MIDI thru. The GAIA looks interesting, but 3 octaves? No aftertouch? One pedal input? Do people actually
play
keyboards anymore?
:facepalm:

I was thinking something similar. If it had enough user memory slots and a larger keyboard it looked like a FUN and killer sounding performance synth. Or at least WOULD have been.:facepalm:

• Members

For those interested in new workstation info, here are more tidbits to stir the rumor pot.

Apparently the info is from a dealer that was at the show.

This is quoted from the synthzone forum. I don't have further details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yamaha has a new synth workstation ready, but has put it on hold to see what Roland and Korg come up with as their current Motif range is still very competitive.

They released the CP1 stagepiano as an answer to Rolands V-piano... and so is their strategy changed from 3 year product cycles to wayting on the others and then reacting to that with a superior product.

The New Motif Workstation should be heavilly virtuall technology based. Same level as the CP-1.

The CP-1 blew the MOtif away with its piano sounds, and even the roland V-piano sounded blass compared to this new Yamaha Arranger keyboard beast ..

It might come very close to Ivory II... and adds a superb keyfeel to the package.

If the new Motif comes close to this with all of their sounds, its a stellar improvement.

So basically i guess we are wayting on ROland, as Korg recently upgraded their M3. While being the best looking workstation it seems like the Fantom G was the big looser of the last few years...

But then Roland is concentrating on everything else but the keys department.

well Yamaha knew there would be one of these 2 producing a workstation anytime soon...

So it could be Korg that is creating something new.. Stephen Kay not finishing the KArma project yet for openlabs could indicate he is doing some heavy work on KARMA 3 that would be required for the next Korg workstation too.

So with this impasse all innovation have left the hardware workstation scene, while this is exactly what this scene is wayting on...

So since they don't see instuments as Open LAbs and Lionstracs as true contenders yet, Yamaha is sitting there and wayting.....

Roland flat out admitted that their hardware key instruments where currently their lowest priority as they could make much more money in other parts of the industry, and thats where their research people where spending their time.

• Members
For those interested in new workstation info, here are more tidbits to stir the rumor pot.

Apparently the info is from a dealer that was at the show.

This is quoted from the synthzone forum. I don't have further details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yamaha has a new synth workstation ready, but has put it on hold to see what Roland and Korg come up with as their current Motif range is still very competitive.

They released the CP1 stagepiano as an answer to Rolands V-piano... and so is their strategy changed from 3 year product cycles to wayting on the others and then reacting to that with a superior product.

The New Motif Workstation should be heavilly virtuall technology based. Same level as the CP-1.

The CP-1 blew the MOtif away with its piano sounds, and even the roland V-piano sounded blass compared to this new Yamaha Arranger keyboard beast ..

It might come very close to Ivory II... and adds a superb keyfeel to the package.

If the new Motif comes close to this with all of their sounds, its a stellar improvement.

So basically i guess we are wayting on ROland, as Korg recently upgraded their M3. While being the best looking workstation it seems like the Fantom G was the big looser of the last few years...

But then Roland is concentrating on everything else but the keys department.

well Yamaha knew there would be one of these 2 producing a workstation anytime soon...

So it could be Korg that is creating something new.. Stephen Kay not finishing the KArma project yet for openlabs could indicate he is doing some heavy work on KARMA 3 that would be required for the next Korg workstation too.

So with this impasse all innovation have left the hardware workstation scene, while this is exactly what this scene is wayting on...

So since they don't see instuments as Open LAbs and Lionstracs as true contenders yet, Yamaha is sitting there and wayting.....

Roland flat out admitted that their hardware key instruments where currently their lowest priority as they could make much more money in other parts of the industry, and thats where their research people where spending their time.

Thanks for posting. I assume some pressure from dealers needing to clear old stock is also in action here. I wonder if the product is actully ready yet

:wave:

• Members
A long way off hopefully for Elektron, but the SD bridge is one they may have to cross sooner or later. There are still new CF's being developed but the protocals are closed and no future road map will mean they will hit a finite capacity and speed, once again not an issue for music as in items like the Elektron we are just not pushing the tech that hard.

There are CF adapters that allow SDHC cards to plug in to them. Looks like you could still use cards of your choice. Some of these adapters are to slow but it does appear faster ones are available if you shop around...

• Members

Yeah I wonder why they went with CF over SD? Might it have something to do with sample streaming directly off the card? I saw some report that the actual unit itself has very little RAM.

CF is much faster than SD. That's why most SLR cameras use it.

Archived