Musik Messe - March 24th - Rumors

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The PS60 may be a move to non module synths from Korg. I have a feeling that they are going back to their roots with the PS name.
;)

(no sliding module. IE unlike M3 Radias)

I hope it is a module. I need something to fill that blank space in the rack area on my M3-73, and the RADIAS, while nice, feels just a wee bit too similar to what I already have in the EXB.

• Members

I'm surprised that everybody's talking about this Gaia which seems like a repackaged SH-201, and nobody seems interested in an ANALOG by Korg. :idk:

Maybe we've got enough analogs out there an not enough VAs? :lol:

Though this will probably just be another VA with new filter models. Still, might be more new stuff than what Roland's bringing.

• Members

I'm surprised that everybody's talking about this Gaia which seems like a repackaged SH-201, and nobody seems interested in an ANALOG by Korg.
:idk:
Maybe we've got enough analogs out there an not enough VAs?
:lol:

Roland built hype, Korg didn't. Marketing works.

And aren't there enough analog mono synths? Probably more of them then there are VA's.

• Members

I'm surprised that everybody's talking about this Gaia which seems like a repackaged SH-201, and nobody seems interested in an ANALOG by Korg.

I'm interested.

We don't have pics of the Korg though.

Nothing much to talk about.

And I don't believe it will be real analog. I certainly hope they prove me wrong.

• Members

Maybe we've got enough analogs out there an not enough VAs?
Though this will probably just be another VA with new filter models. Still, might be more new stuff than what Roland's bringing.

That's because to believe that any of the Big 3 Japanese synth makers will ever release a Real Analog™ synth, ever again when virtual analog is so much more preferable for them (dunno why - that's just how they roll) requires a level of delusion beyond, apparently, the capability of most people here. :lol:

• Members

That's because to believe that any of the Big 3 Japanese synth makers will ever release a Real Analog(tm) synth, ever again when virtual analog is so much more preferable for them (dunno why - that's just how they roll) requires a level of delusion beyond, apparently, the capability of most people here.

Whoops!

I was a doubter too.

• Members

OK, yay! They proved me wrong.

It is REAL ANALOG!

I'm speechless.

I hope it starts a trend.

But it looks cheap, like a stylophone.

monotron.jpg

I'm happy to be wrong in this case too!

If the ribbon sets a value that stays there when I lift my finger off it, this baby would be a damn cool effects processor for guitar, violin, etc.

Now, let's sit back and watch the mentally challenged complain about the polyphony, lack of grand piano or horn pad patches, etc.

• Members

Sooooooooooo it's a three oscillator sh201 with some effects?
depends on the price...

It's like 3 separate mono synth voices, each with their own FILTER and AMP sections. Could prove interesting, especially since OSC cross modulation appears to be possible. Well, they are calling them "tones".

Archived