Musik Messe - March 24th - Rumors

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it was just meant to be a portable "electric piano" type of instrument, a cheaper SV1.

I'm surprised at the micropreset is 49 meg compared to the microx 64meg. it's still close enough.. I wonder what most of the samples are.. if the ergonomics of the keyboard / sequencer are any good, I can see getting it to drive my virus and microx (im not expecting it to blow it away).

• Members

Their "new" keyboard that has LESS ROM than discontinued products like the MicroX?
:facepalm:
I'm not even mildly interested, to be honest...

Welcome to the age of plastic. It's the end of decent keybeds, aftertouch, pedal jacks, internal power supplies and MIDI thru. The GAIA looks interesting, but 3 octaves? No aftertouch? One pedal input? Do people actually play keyboards anymore? :facepalm:

• Members

Welcome to the age of plastic. It's the end of decent keybeds, aftertouch, pedal jacks, internal power supplies and MIDI thru. The GAIA looks interesting, but 3 octaves? No aftertouch? One pedal input? Do people actually
play
keyboards anymore?

Judging by the popularity of 25-key controllers, probably not.

• Members

Welcome to the age of plastic. It's the end of decent keybeds, aftertouch, pedal jacks, internal power supplies and MIDI thru. The GAIA looks interesting, but 3 octaves? No aftertouch? One pedal input? Do people actually
play
keyboards anymore?

Horses for courses - presumably the big 3 have much bigger markets in the youth/hobbyist sector?

There's only a few pros, and once people get past 30 they stop gigging and do it all in software (with honourable exceptions of most forum members here, of course, but we're not target market for most of this stuff).

• Members

korg_monotron.jpg

Korg say that they are offering every musician the ability to enjoy analog synthesis with the all-new monotron Analogue Ribbon Synthesizer. Here's the rest of what they have to say...

Powered by two AAA alkaline batteries, the compact monotron can be held in one hand. Although small enough to be easily carried, the monotron is packed with Korg's legendary analog technology to generate thick and powerful sounds, plus a true analog filter with audio input.

The unique ribbon controller keyboard borrows from the enjoyment of performing with Korg's popular KAOSS products. Simple finger motions can produce expressive effects such as vibrato and glide. When used in a band, the monotron can harmonize with another instrument

• Members

God that was horrible :eek:

I wouldn't be seen dead playing that thing. I could just about imagine myself playing some king of strap on controller keyboards, but that thing is the cheesiest, most plasticky, ugliest, and most useless musical instrument I've ever seen.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised it I buy a Korg Monotron, because it looks fun, and cheap, and I might actually find something to use it for.

The Gaia looks rather nice nice too. No chance I'll be buying one though. How many VAs do you need after all?

Archived