FWAxeIbanez

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

My own perception?
:confused:

I dont think his drug use has anything to do with his tone. Well, except for some of that studio tape flange and backwards guitar stuff... Drugs may have something to do with that.... :D

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

hahaha, naw man, you're cool... I'd just swear that lately you've asked yourself "what would MYK do?" or "Can I be sure I'll piss someone off with this?" before every post... Seems more like you are trying to up your post count more than anything else, because you're in all sorts of threads I wouldn't figure you to be into... not that I know you or anything, but I've been posting/lurking for awhile and when I dove in and really decided to contribute (hah, for lack of a better word) I recognized your name and the personality that normally came with it

Sorry mang, but your perception is way off. I mean, not even close. As far as my post count, that is hilarious. A while back when everybody was whining about losing their post counts, instead of asking for mine to be restored, I asked for a full reset. I desire much bigger things in life than this.

• Members
Originally posted by Panzerfoust

you think Hendrix had Tinnitus? single coil pickups and Marshall's on 11 can destroy ones hearing.

Hendrix did so much dope that he was beyond your mortal status. His death wasn't really a death at all, but it was him stepping into the beyond. All he ever wanted was to stand next to our fire.:(

• Members

tone is in the ear of the beholder...

for the record...i am not a big fan of jimi. i don't think his tone is any better than anyone elses. i do think he's an awesome guitarist tho. i don't care if jimi, or anyone for that matter, cares about tone. it doesn't matter if you care about it, because you WILL have it...even if it's {censored}ty. what if jimi dialed in his tone in 2 minutes and left it like that and it became legendary...and millions of followers/worshippers spend their entire lives trying to dial in something that took him 2 minutes to do, just because he wasn't all that worried/obsessed about it.
now, THAT would be funny...:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

Sorry mang, but your perception is way off. I mean, not even close. As far as my post count, that is hilarious. A while back when everybody was whining about losing their post counts, instead of asking for mine to be restored, I asked for a full reset. I desire much bigger things in life than this.

I wasn't actually meaning to say you were trying to up your post count, although I know thats how it sounded... what I meant by that was that you have been in just about every thread I've ever clicked on lately and often saying things with comic value but not a whole lot of substance... I wasn't tryin to call you out man, you're good people, just noticed a change in style lately is all... hell, maybe this is you coming back to your style from some wierd funk you were in and thats when I came into the picture, I dunno... don't particularly care... your alright in my book

call your dogs off man, I wasn't lookin to pick a fight, I've just developed a nasty habit of posting when I'm stupid tired or groggy from just waking up, so my posts are prone to not making as much sense as I'd like

• Members
Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

:wave:

did you ever see the thread I started for you? in case you can't find it, it basically said thanks for all the extra effort with the crispy creme, but don't stress out about it because in the end you are doing me a favor and I never intended to make things difficult

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

Well considering the limited amount of options and how limited gear was then, they didnt have much choice.

But I think you're right AND wrong - Jimi probably just wanted to play, but he is notorious for being a perfectionist both in playing and the sound that went on the records and the effects he used.

+1 Totally agree with you :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

I dont think his drug use has anything to do with his tone. Well, except for some of that studio tape flange and backwards guitar stuff... Drugs may have something to do with that....
:D

I don't think that he was such a drug fiend that they used to say. He did experiment with acid and he smoked pot (if this is considered a drug). The worst thing that he did to himself was drinking alcohol! But when he was playing he was not that stoned. It was a part of his stage presence!

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

Well considering the limited amount of options and how limited gear was then, they didnt have much choice.

But I think you're right AND wrong - Jimi probably just wanted to play, but he is notorious for being a perfectionist both in playing and the sound that went on the records and the effects he used.

I think FWAxeIbanez has a good point in a way, and I'm not sure Jimi redoing takes many times was just for tone as maybe wanting to put parts together that most closely resembled what he heard in his head. But surely a lot of it was also regarding tone, likely trying to figure out the exact type of gain or clean sound he was after, what fx to use, etc...

Interesting thread in any case. :cool:

Archived