I don't think Jimi cared about tone all that much

FWAxeIbanez

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

Where's Terje? Doesn't this guy fly in out of nowhere when ever somebody mentions playing really loud?

at least it'd get back on topic

and I gotta say, MYK is the same now as he's ever been to me... If anybody is intentionally getting peoples goats lately, its Bob Savage... have you noticed, the caustic sarcasm lately is not completely usual

Not tryin to start anything, Bob's great

I think I read something about Jimi saying that he liked a really loud and filling sort of sound. That he didn't like bands at the time that used a really spikey sort of sound. I'd like to think that Jimi really wanted to reach the people, and that he knew that lower frequencies would help the people feel the greatness of his music.:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

When I test an amp's clean, I play just the high slidey part of Little Wing's intro. That's all I need to hear.
:cool:

i play the entire intro...then i roll the guitar tone knob back and wank out the solo @ the end, trying to resist the urge to put too many srv licks in :D

• Members
Originally posted by cobrahead1030

i play the entire intro...then i roll the guitar tone knob back and wank out the solo @ the end, trying to resist the urge to put too many srv licks in
:D

I'm learning Dee at the moment, a lot harder to get it smooth than it looks :eek:

• Members

I'm learning Dee at the moment, a lot harder to get it smooth than it looks
:eek:

at one time i could play that fairly well...those high harmony parts after the fast open pulloffs on the G, D, and A strings are where it got sloppy for me

• Members

Well considering the limited amount of options and how limited gear was then, they didnt have much choice.

But I think you're right AND wrong - Jimi probably just wanted to play, but he is notorious for being a perfectionist both in playing and the sound that went on the records and the effects he used.

I think an 18 year-old's opinion 23542532 years later is definately one to trust :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

If anybody is intentionally getting peoples goats lately, its Bob Savage... have you noticed, the caustic sarcasm lately is not completely usual

Not tryin to start anything, Bob's great

Yeah, I'm a real prick. Thanks for noticing.

• Members

I have tons of Hendrix stuff audio and video....he definitely CARES about tone...that's why, when he heard and used Clapton's Marshall (also the Who) he went and got a coupla stacks...he then went to Mayer and had a bunch of toys and fuzz stuff made.... then on to uni vibe/wah etc...he saw sound as color and pictures...a very BRIGHT, SMART and CREATIVE guy...he did get a bit 'sloppy' in his playing however and in some gigs it really shows!..(probably the drug influence)

• Members

MYK should be banned or at least warned, but unfortunately, the moderation here is {censored} at best.

Guys like MYK are part of the reason why I like posting here. If you got rid of people like MYK, this place would be no better than the FDP.

Hendrix def' cared about his tone. He was a tone and gear freak. Back then the technology involved for live playing was {censored}ty. He along with every other "top" live act just had to make the best of it.

I dont think Hendrix was a drug addict. He prol' smoked plenty of weed and drank many a fill but that was as common back then as it is today.

• Members

Has anyone noticed that Cloudnine, who used to be reasonably fair-minded, has turned into a humorless, intolerant, self-righteous, little bitch?

Oh, I think Hendrix was very conscious of his tone, perhaps more so than most people of that era.

• Members

Originally posted by Loghead

Has anyone noticed that Cloudnine, who used to be reasonably fair-minded, has turned into a humorless, intolerant, self-righteous, little bitch?

Oh, I think Hendrix was very conscious of his tone, perhaps more so than most people of that era.

Have you noticed that you are totally WITHOUT humour in your posts?

I just want trolls told not to do it anymore. MYK has become a troll. I am intolerant of people that try to piss other people off.

Dont know whats so hard about that for you.

• Members

Have you noticed that you are totally WITHOUT humour in your posts?

I just want trolls told not to do it anymore. MYK has become a troll. I am intolerant of people that try to piss other people off.

Dont know whats so hard about that for you.

And he pissed you off because he said that Hendrix was a drug addict?

• Members

He was using 2 full marshall stacks, a fuzz tone, and a wah pedal -- thats it.

He was constantly adjusting the tone on his strat on every song. He also use the wah in different stationary positions to adjust his tone too.

You can't appreciate Jimi's sound without hearing him live. He literally made that guitar sing! I only imagine what he would be doing today if he were still alive!

It is too bad that drugs got the better of one of the greatest guitarists in history.

Archived