any good bands in your local scene?

fishfartz

• Members

tell us about your local scene and what the vibe is like. dish the dirt!

what kinds of bands are prevailant in your area? is there a particular spot you and your band prefer because of the acoustics/atmosphere?

if there were a local battle of the bands, how would yours rate?

by the way I understand music is not competition but it would be nice to know you'd slaughter the local bands if there were a life or death battle of the bands.

we want drama ;)

• Members

None.

Except mine. :D

EDIT: To add to the arrogance, I have a story or two. We've had bands get pissed at us when we outplay them, we've had crowds yell out for us to come back on after our set and do it again during other bands' sets....LOL. I think the best was when someone asked us to play Slayer and our idiot frontman said "{censored} Slayer" and had an empty can of beer chucked at his head. Good job {censored}ass.

• Members

Orlando here.

Nothing much happeneng. 5 billion dead are good but the guitarist left them (I had a disasterous audition for them. A powertube went on my 5150 and I broke a string in the first 10 seconds.)

All of the bands that are supporting us are typical screamo, spazcore, fasion core, core core bands. Fkn awful.

My bro is in a good band called Carnevil. They have a great sound and frontman.

I am pissed with my band. They are classic talk talk talk and do nothing. They {censored} up every gig we play after i nag them to practice and concerntrate.

If anyone is in Orlando there is a big local band gig in the Scienece Center. My band will be there. Wait for us to {censored} up! Its on Friday.

Here is my mellow band:

www.myspace.com/thesevensisters

• Members
Originally posted by Sty1es

None.

Except mine.
:D

EDIT: To add to the arrogance, I have a story or two. We've had bands get pissed at us when we outplay them, we've had crowds yell out for us to come back on after our set and do it again during other bands' sets....LOL. I think the best was when someone asked us to play Slayer and our idiot frontman said "{censored} Slayer" and had an empty can of beer chucked at his head. Good job {censored}ass.

why not find another singer!?
you do nothing but rag on the guy.
saying "{censored} slayer" on stage in front of a metal crowd could get your whole band burnt at the stake in some countries :eek:

but you're right....little to no good bands around here

• Members

On August 18th the only club in town that features original rock bands is closing down after 12 years of operation. Also on the chopping block is the towns only all-ages venue for indie, punk and hardcore bands. It sucks, but we manage.

The only band from this area that acheived anything was a group called N.I.L.8

EDIT: Oh yeah, and V Shaped Mind, but I don't count them because they were more of a "we got successful because we're friends with Mudvayne" sort of band.

• Members

Around here it's punk'ish rock bands. Some are actually pretty good and put on great shows. I stayed away for awhile because I don't really like punk but these guys are more rock than punk. They do dress the punk part though. Luxury Pushers comes to mind at the moment.

• Members
Originally posted by Sim-p-mortal

{censored} all around here metal wise (can't seem to get my band a full lineup), aside from up and comers Raise The Dead, who just supported Testament in London.

www.myspace.com/raisethedead

I was wondering where I'd heard them from, I just realised they're on the same label as azriel (loal band to me , link above)

sounds pretty good though

• Members

Indy's metal scene is doing pretty well ATM...A lot of bands I dig...

Check out Demiricous - they released their debut on Metal Blade not too long ago, and they are my band's bro's...Good times hangin' in the studio and getting crazy:
www.myspace.com/demiricous

This band just signed to Prosthetic and are recording their album now:

www.myspace.com/yearofdesolation

This band is a cool band in our area, pretty heavy stuff:

www.myspace.com/amongsttheswarm

And, finally, shameless...We've played with Anthrax, God Forbid, Arch Enemy, Chimaira, Hate Eternal and more...Currently fielding some interest:

www.myspace.com/judgementband

We have a lot of others as well. Good times for Indiana metal, IMO.

• Members
Originally posted by thefyn

Orlando here.

My bro is in a good band called Carnevil. They have a great sound and frontman.

Carnevil are very cool. Good band, good music, and good dudes

If you dig Robin Trower & Hendrix, you should check out "No Circus". they played with Chris & Carnevil at the social one night and blew me away. Especially since they are all under 17.

Mostly cover bands around here, and most of 'em suck. Except for us :D

• Members

Originally posted by des67

I was wondering where I'd heard them from, I just realised they're on the same label as azriel (loal band to me , link above)

sounds pretty good though

Yeah, RTD are pretty damn good, like carcass mixed with a bit of a hardcore sound, and both guitarists can really play!! They shred, but its all tasteful, some great riffs too, they just got a new drummer who i haven't heard yet but apparently he's immense, and their new songs are sounding a slightly more death-metal esque.

• Members

Originally posted by Sim-p-mortal

Yeah, RTD are pretty damn good, like carcass mixed with a bit of a hardcore sound, and both guitarists can really play!! They shred, but its all tasteful, some great riffs too, they just got a new drummer who i haven't heard yet but apparently he's immense, and their new songs are sounding a slightly more death-metal esque.

Yeah normally I'm not into the whole death metal gutteral growl thing but it sounds really good to my ears, I'll keep my ears open to them if they're playying up here anytime soon.

• Members

The scene in Lawrence, KS is so diverse. There are at least five to ten shows happening every night. It is a college town so all of the national and underground acts want to come through. As far as local bands...{censored} there is at least a few hundred and there is a {censored} ton of diversity of styles.

My personal Favs:

Black Christmas
The Esoteric
Theta
The Cast Pattern
Septinomicon
Coalesce....(kc as well)
Lethe

This list could go.....

• Members

Originally posted by Blackwater

The scene in Lawrence, KS is so diverse. There are at least five to ten shows happening every night. It is a college town so all of the national and underground acts want to come through. As far as local bands...{censored} there is at least a few hundred and there is a {censored} ton of diversity of styles.

My personal Favs:

Black Christmas

The Esoteric

Theta

The Cast Pattern

Septinomicon

Coalesce....(kc as well)

Lethe

This list could go.....

I believe The Esoteric and Coalesce have played in Columbia before. I haven't seen them but have heard good things.

I'm sure the central Missouri scene isn't much different than Lawrence. There are though only a handfull of acts that I could see making it big.

Hillary Scott (alt country, pop)

The Confident Years (pop punk)

Bald Eagle (punk)

My personal favorites though are The Follow http://www.myspace.com/thefollowusa

Archived