any good bands in your local scene?

fishfartz

• Members

IDT gets such a bum rap. I love that band.

Here in Seattle, we have a pretty good metal and industrial scene.

Betty X (the band I am in, lol)
Drown Mary
Hatefist
Charlie Drown
Expiration Date
Fully Loaded (these guys are like death metal meets buttrock. Fun {censored}in band :))
God Fearing Nation
System Seven
Curse of Western Civilization

• Members

hell yeah - keep em coming

and thanks to all you who provided links - sometimes this is the only way for folks to get into new bands because as we all know in todays music world talent and good songs has almost nothing to do with wether or not you get signed and folks around the country would never hear them otherwise

support local music and tell us about those singers with LSD.

is everyone in your band as psyched about your music as you are?

• Members

Since DeathMonkey already gave the more mainstream metal bands, I'll fill in the extreme stuff...

Serpens Aeon, Drawn & Quartered, Inqusition, Inquinok, Sindios, Funeral Age, In Memorium, Scorched Earth... I could go on and on...

• Members

Here is something that I posted in the "fighting" thread. It still tranlsates to this thread though.

The more friends that you have in the scene the better. If someone is talking {censored} then they are losing friends and will soon not be playing around anymore and that will be more gigs for you. Friends add their friends to the bill. The more you get seen, the more people you attract, etc... Get the picture?

I have been hanging out a lot checking out local bands lately and I see lots of the same people, patrons and other bands, at all kinds of random shows. They support each other. Fight these a-holes and you lose no matter how bad you beat them down.

• Members

We also have mostly those pop-rock/emo/hardcore bands here as well.

There was a pretty good prog-metal group but they broke up cuz two of the members just graduated high school and the drummer's a freshman.
Greystone.

Then there's this other melodic death metal band, vocals are pretty bad but the drumming and guitars are pretty good.
Apotheosis.

Then there's us! ...though we're inactive due to no drummer or vocalist, but we're busy writing songs. First album is nearly complete with the second part of the concept on its way.
B&

• Members

I'd have to say that our band is probably the best metal band in Oklahoma. Disjointed was pretty good before they broke up, they opened up for God Forbid and Meshuggah before. Rotting Cycle is a pretty good straight death/grind band. But I think our band Submerged in Dirt is the best overall metal band in our area.

• Members

The Long Island scene is bubbling. The second wave after Brand New(my sons went to middle school with Jesse Lacey and Vinnie Accardi) and Taking Back Sunday is about to happen according to Newsday the local newspaper.

I saw Taking Back Sunday on a late night show..........um, not for me. I do like Brand New though.

http://www.newsday.com/impulse/ny-im-sleeping,0,7652681.story?coll=ny-impulse-promo3

• Members

Originally posted by Doug's Tubes

The Long Island scene is bubbling. The second wave after Brand New(my sons went to middle school with Jesse Lacey and Vinnie Accardi) and Taking Back Sunday is about to happen according to Newsday the local newspaper.

I saw Taking Back Sunday on a late night show..........um, not for me.

I hope it wasn't the same performance I posted about the other day. They were just plain awful.

• Members

there's a few good blues/classic rock bands through here often, and i hear a great young band a few weeks ago called 'the lights of dagna'

i met the drummer at a dinner party with my father-in-law, and it turns out that a guy i knew from guitar center is his guitarist...he's a good player, and they are instrumental, so no vocals to come in and kill the vibe

it was a good performance, and i'd see them again

• Members
Originally posted by JimAnsell

why not find another singer!?

you do nothing but rag on the guy.

saying "{censored} slayer" on stage in front of a metal crowd could get your whole band burnt at the stake in some countries
:eek:

but you're right....little to no good bands around here

You know what, it was hard enough finding this dude. We went about 2 years without a singer, just writing songs and instrumentals. We tried out like 2-3 singers that could actually fit the bill but they were either douchebags or heroin addicts or couldn't write lyrics and melodies for the life of them.

At first I was excited when we got our singer, because he was a motivated, and seemingly genuine guy. Now he's single handedly the reason I'm sitting on my ass and putting my band aside, and thats a damn shame, considering what we've achieved and what we've put into it.

• Members

Bands that get the :thu: in my area for musicianship?

Axial Discorrelation - Technical thrash-core. Pretty good. EXCELLENT lead guitarist. They're opening for Origin in a week or two.

The Wildcards - Good punk/rock band. Great sound, stage show, catchy music, etc... they're not my style of music but they do what they do very well.

Sacrosanct - My band. Melodic, progressive metal. Keyboards.

There are some other bands in the area but they're either broken up or not very good musically.

• Members

Des Moines area..alot of radio type rock and lack of general public interests...but metal and hxc bands have fightin to stay afloat...best thing is to play somewhere else...

heres some local bands.

Bartyr In Blood-Thrash..my band sorry but i had to do it..
Killpact-Sweet death, very talented
Realitys Flaw-metalcore
Too Pure To Die-HXC, straightedge toughguy on sumerian records

• Members

We used to have a fatal flaw here too, hahaha...

not much goin on around here, Ruins of Eden isn't bad, With Passion blows ass but they are signed, and Heavy Heavy Low Lows are ok but not deserving of the buzz they've got... plus they are insane druggies, crazyness

Archived