This ibanez is calling me...

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

by the way, the stock pickups on any of these I'm not too concerned with. as soon as I have a shred guitar here in my posession I'm ordering a pair of bare knuckle pickups for them. I'm mainly concerned with playability and the tone of the body wood... and maybe slightly what the guitar looks like overall, might as well get something I like the looks of, but that's the least important factor for me....

definitely get the RG!

the necks are sweet-

anyways-- it has horns:D

• Members

You sure? the main reason I think I want it over a jackson is because it's mahogany, whereas almost all the jacksons are alder (they have one mahogany version, but you almost never find it anywhere used....) I think alder would be too bright for me...

The Jackson is definitely brighter, no question. I was speaking strictly from a build quality/playability standpoint.

• Members

The Jackson is definitely brighter, no question. I was speaking strictly from a build quality/playability standpoint.

Hmm, in what ways? I'm just worried that I wouldn't like how bright the jackson is. especially for leads on the neck pickup. I like really thick, warm tone for sweeping and such... think between the buried and me styled melodic leads

• Members

{censored}ing right man.

I have the blue quilt top version of the 400 before there was a 400, when it used to be the MH-301. I've put a gold OFR and some Dimarzios. {censored}ing rips.

My next guitar will be a jackson only because the ESP rhoads looking guitar looks a little :freak: While the jackson is still :love:

• Members

You can tame a brighter guitar but you can't make a darker guitar sound brighter...

sure you can. you can add treble, just like you can remove treble. it's not the brightness i mean, it's more the thick/deep tone. you can't make a thinner, brighter guitar sound thick and chunky :(

• Members

sure you can. you can add treble, just like you can remove treble. it's not the brightness i mean, it's more the thick/deep tone. you can't make a thinner, brighter guitar sound thick and chunky
:(

I don't think you can go wrong with either a Jackon, ESP/LTD, or Ibanez really. Mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood or ebony fretboard.

• Members

That ibanez is sexy.

My j-custom RG7CST is an awesome work of craftsmanship. I don't think the tops and woods available in japan are as good as what we can get in the US, but for what they get to work with they do a damn good job.

The Korean shops get their wood in shady ways, and I'm not down with killing rainforests, so {censored} em.

-W

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Nice guitar but i hate those {censored}in' new bridges :mad:

Why the hell did they have to mess with the Edge and the Lo-Pro Edge when they were awesome :mad:

The new bridge alone makes me not want to buy any new Ibanez guitars. I'll have to look around the 2nd hand market. It would be ok with me if the new bridge was interchangeable with either the Edge or the Lo-Pro Edge but guess what...........they ain't :mad:

• Members

What is there to roll eyes about, its true, plain and simple.

you are DREAMING, dude. Those LTD's can't touch that Prestige. Not that the LTD's are bad guitars, but let's keep it real shall we? And I'm no snob, I own a Korean made Tele Custom. Good for what it is but I wouldn't put it up against a top quality American made Tele.

• Members

I have 2 LTD's (M-300 and EC-1000) and used to own an Ibanez Prestige 3120. The LTD's are great for the money, but you're smoking crack if you think they compare to an Ibanez Prestige. The Ibanez is a much better guitar in tone and quality. This is my next guitar...I think I'm in love:

ibanez2.jpg

ibanez1.jpg

• Members

I have played LTD's briefly but own an RG3120 which is a bolt on.

The RG Prestige is a definite big step up.

My RG3120 is so {censored}ing sweet. It feels extremely solid and sounds superb. I actually played the RGT3120 in the original post. I didn't like it any more than my bolt on and actually thought the neck on mine was nicer.

• Members

what there is to roll eyes about is anytime anyone posts ANYTHING on this board about a band they like, or a guitar they want-- people ALWAYS feel that it's necessary to post up something that they deem is "better" and insist that everyone agree with them.

:rolleyes:

• Members

I have 2 LTD's (M-300 and EC-1000) and used to own an Ibanez Prestige 3120. The LTD's are great for the money, but you're smoking crack if you think they compare to an Ibanez Prestige. The Ibanez is a much better guitar in tone and quality. This is my next guitar...I think I'm in love:

ibanez2.jpg

ibanez1.jpg

good choice! that's exactly what I ended up buying. it's on the way through fedex right now :D

that particular one you posted has a really nice looking finish. I got the same violin finish one, but I haven't seen what the exact guitar looks like yet (I bought it new from SamAsh in another state through forumite Facejackets for a good deal... don't know what it looks like...) I hope it looks as nice as that one! :love:

Archived