This ibanez is calling me...

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I have 2 LTD's (M-300 and EC-1000) and used to own an Ibanez Prestige 3120. The LTD's are great for the money, but you're smoking crack if you think they compare to an Ibanez Prestige. The Ibanez is a much better guitar in tone and quality. This is my next guitar...I think I'm in love:

ibanez2.jpg

ibanez1.jpg

What wood is that ? Mahogany ?

• Members

Ive got a year old RGT42dx that i LOVE. Neck thru-maple flame topped mahogany . Hard to beat for the $, along with the Prestige RG's !

anyway, how thick is the neck on those LTD's?(compared to Ibanez wizard), and are they all arch tops? Nice lookin, but im not a fan of the arch top feel.

• Members

you should also look for rgt 3120 s which come with dimarzio pups and not dim ibz ones and they have the lo pro instead of the new crap trem!!!
someone scored one on uk ebay for 450 quid if I was at home when the auction was ending that would be my fourth rgt3120!!
those LTD are nice guitars but no chance to compete with the top prestige guitar!

• Members

by the way, if anyone wants a rga121, there's one on ebay right now with a buy it now of $597 with free shipping. It's flat black... not as nice looking as the natural or violin finishes IMO, but it's a good deal on a nice guitar, even more so if you like black guitars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-RGA-121-TKF-Prestige-Team-J-Craft-case-Black-RGA_W0QQitemZ220086476848QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33043QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

by the way, if anyone wants a rga121, there's one on ebay right now with a buy it now of $597 with free shipping. It's flat black... not as nice looking as the natural or violin finishes IMO, but it's a good deal on a nice guitar, even more so if you like black guitars.

Yeah I saw that one but I don't like the finish as much as the Violin one. I also have a wierd fear of buying used guitars. Amps are fine, but I've never bought a used guitar.

• Members

Take the options you get on a $600 LTD and compare it to a $900 prestige(or whatever they cost).... Chances are, you are going to get AT LEAST as much on the LTD, if not more. This isnt even taking into consideration that almost all the LTD's in that range are mahogony or alder bodied, with neckthru construction, and a GORGEOUS flame or quilt finish. Now compare this to bolt-on basswood bodies you get with the prestige.....

the mentioned guitar as well as the rgt3120s which are better than the new rgt320q are mahogany body guitars, and their neck is nothing like the usual prestige neck! it's a different monster!!! I have a couple of friends who own sl2-h s and they like the ibanez more!!

AND GUYS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE TOP IBANEZ MODEL HERE !!!!! HOW CAN AN LTD BE ANY CLOSE TO IT??? ffs

• Members

I like that Ibanez RG Prestige neck-through. A really sweet design. I always thought that it deserved an ebony fretboard since it is the top of the line model, but for whatever reason Ibanez doesn`t like to use ebony. Oh well.

IMO, the LTD 1000 series stacks up very well against all the Ibanez models. Let`s get real. They are all production based guitars that probably have wood and parts sourced from the same big suppliers in Asia. There is a slight difference, but I think it comes through in feel rather than tone. Both feel very nice and I wouldn`t kick either one out of bed for hitting a sour note.

If I went solely on price/value though I would go with one of the ESP standard series M-II`s. For the money, neither the Prestige Ibanez or the USA Jackson will play better or sound better. Plus you can get the M-II in rosewood with EMG`s or maple with Duncans.

m-II_EMG.jpg

m-II_Duncan.jpg

M-II`s are sex on a stick and are nothing but a shredder guitar. I just bought a M-1 neck-through and hope to have a M-II neck-through in the next year or two. You should check them out. I think the M-II is going for about $1,400 right now.

Eric

• Members

Take the options you get on a $600 LTD and compare it to a $900 prestige(or whatever they cost).... Chances are, you are going to get AT LEAST as much on the LTD, if not more. This isnt even taking into consideration that almost all the LTD's in that range are mahogony or alder bodied, with neckthru construction, and a GORGEOUS flame or quilt finish. Now compare this to bolt-on basswood bodies you get with the prestige.....

I paid less for my ESP MIIs and they smoke any LTDs I've encounted. Yeah, I bought the ESPs used, but still... I haven't found many LTDs that I'd gig with.

Pete

• Members

I like that Ibanez RG Prestige neck-through. A really sweet design. I always thought that it deserved an ebony fretboard since it is the top of the line model, but for whatever reason Ibanez doesn`t like to use ebony. Oh well.

IMO, the LTD 1000 series stacks up very well against all the Ibanez models. Let`s get real. They are all production based guitars that probably have wood and parts sourced from the same big suppliers in Asia. There is a slight difference, but I think it comes through in feel rather than tone. Both feel very nice and I wouldn`t kick either one out of bed for hitting a sour note.

If I went solely on price/value though I would go with one of the ESP standard series M-II`s. For the money, neither the Prestige Ibanez or the USA Jackson will play better or sound better. Plus you can get the M-II in rosewood with EMG`s or maple with Duncans.

m-II_EMG.jpg

m-II_Duncan.jpg

M-II`s are sex on a stick and are nothing but a shredder guitar. I just bought a M-1 neck-through and hope to have a M-II neck-through in the next year or two. You should check them out. I think the M-II is going for about $1,400 right now.

Eric

no way. maybe the korean made ibanez's... but the made in japan ones are much, much higher quality than LTD's. and i'm sure the japan ESP's are nice, but for some reason they don't really appeal to me...

• Members
no way. maybe the korean made ibanez's... but the made in japan ones are much, much higher quality than LTD's. and i'm sure the japan ESP's are nice, but for some reason they don't really appeal to me...

This is the one I just bought. A new for `07 model M-1. They havn`t even shipped yet and I hope to have one of the first in the states. This guitar is so metal that I may have to set myself on fire the first time I play it. m/:evil:m/

Eric

m-I_NTB_BLKS.jpg

• Members

This is the one I just bought. A new for `07 model M-1. They havn`t even shipped yet and I hope to have one of the first in the states. This guitar is so metal that I may have to set myself on fire the first time I play it. m/:evil:m/

Eric

m-I_NTB_BLKS.jpg

lol m/:mad:m/

how do you like your gutierrez juggernaut?

• Members
Not bad.... But why not one of these???

mh-1000_STBLK.jpg
m-1000.jpg
m-400.jpg

A 400 series LTD?!?!?!?!?

You are freaking nuts and your fanboy blinders are some of the worst I have ever seen. They have crap knock-off floyds, crap plastic inlays, 1/100th lam tops, I could go on........ I just played the LTD JH-600 and it was a piece of crap.

"I have played everything" WTF does that mean???? YOUr saying that those LTDs are better then the Ibanez posted huh?? Where does that leave the ESP stuff?????

• Members

lol m/:mad:m/

how do you like your gutierrez juggernaut?

I love it bro. It`s the best guitar I`ve ever owned. A lifetime keeper for sure. Brent does some sweet work.

I think I`m going to swap the pups around though. I think the 81 is too bright in the bridge and the 85 to bassy in the neck so I`m gonna flip them. I bet it would sound even better that way.

Irregardless, the fit and finish is awesome. The playability is as good as it gets and the feel of it is like pure sex.

Eric

Archived