This ibanez is calling me...

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are, but that really doesn't matter, I have played everything, and these hold their own against the prestiges, to say the LEAST.

I could never get on with the ones I played plus for some reason LTD conjures images of noob guitarists at my college... :freak:

• Members

Take the options you get on a $600 LTD and compare it to a $900 prestige(or whatever they cost).... Chances are, you are going to get AT LEAST as much on the LTD, if not more. This isnt even taking into consideration that almost all the LTD's in that range are mahogony or alder bodied, with neckthru construction, and a GORGEOUS flame or quilt finish. Now compare this to bolt-on basswood bodies you get with the prestige.....

• Members

Take the options you get on a $600 LTD and compare it to a $900 prestige(or whatever they cost).... Chances are, you are going to get AT LEAST as much on the LTD, if not more. This isnt even taking into consideration that almost all the LTD's in that range are mahogony or alder bodied, with neckthru construction, compared to bolt-on basswood.....

Fair play but I could never get on with Mahogany. Sounded muddy to my ears no matter what I did. Basswood is the perfect high-gain wood for me :p

• Members

Fair play but I could never get on with Mahogany. Sounded muddy to my ears no matter what I did. Basswood is the perfect high-gain wood for me
:p

and that is perfectly fine that basswood works for you, i dug your tone from the videos i heard. also, you are in the UK, so perhaps pricing isnt the same as it is over here.

• Members

What is there to roll eyes about, its true, plain and simple.

what there is to roll eyes about is anytime anyone posts ANYTHING on this board about a band they like, or a guitar they want-- people ALWAYS feel that it's necessary to post up something that they deem is "better" and insist that everyone agree with them.

• Members

Take the options you get on a $600 LTD and compare it to a $900 prestige(or whatever they cost).... Chances are, you are going to get AT LEAST as much on the LTD, if not more. This isnt even taking into consideration that almost all the LTD's in that range are mahogony or alder bodied, with neckthru construction, and a GORGEOUS flame or quilt finish. Now compare this to bolt-on basswood bodies you get with the prestige.....

i have an RG520 qs that is all mahogany. i got it for 650.

• Members

what there is to roll eyes about is anytime anyone posts ANYTHING on this board about a band they like, or a guitar they want-- people ALWAYS feel that it's necessary to post up something that they deem is "better" and insist that everyone agree with them.

Sure, that does happen i agree... I am just showing the guy who started the thread another option that I believe to be better than the current one he is considering... In the end my goal is to get him to buy the better guitar, not just to show that "what I like is better so ha....".

• Members

Having played both, get the Jackson. That RG is a great guitar for sure but USA Soloists are a definite step up.

You sure? the main reason I think I want it over a jackson is because it's mahogany, whereas almost all the jacksons are alder (they have one mahogany version, but you almost never find it anywhere used....) I think alder would be too bright for me... I have a tele on the way... a bright guitar would be fine there, but for heavy music I think mahogany would sound much better... especially for warm leads on the neck pickup.... BUT i've never tried out an alder soloist, so it's only in theory.... I just know they are supposed to be brighter and less deep/less chunky sounding

• Members

Sure, that does happen i agree... I am just showing the guy who started the thread another option that I believe to be better than the current one he is considering... In the end my goal is to get him to buy the better guitar, not just to show that "what I like is better so ha....".

better? I seriously doubt a cheap import LTD is going to be better than a top of the line neck through mahogany RG prestige... this isn't one of the cheaper models

• Members

better? I seriously doubt a cheap import LTD is going to be better than a top of the line neck through RG prestige...

You need to play one man, I doubt you will be dissapointed. BTW...there is nothing cheap about it. Oh, and last thing, some of the best guitars ever made are imports...

• Members

I agree 100% with this. I have a MH-301 and prefer it over a prestige any day. I went out and played an older prestige with all the coil splitters and such (had a price tag of 1200) Though it wasn't setup perfectly, the quality was not that much better as opposed to my $600 LTD. The upper fret access was quite amazing though as opposed to my neck thru.

I'm not too much of a flat neck kinda guy anymore though, I like C and V shaped necks.

• Members

You need to play one man, I doubt you will be dissapointed. BTW...there is nothing cheap about it. Oh, and last thing, some of the best guitars ever made are imports...

I don't know why people give imports such bad rep. Who {censored}ing cares? If the guitar plays good, then it plays good. I played a USA highway 1 strat and then a Squire set-neck tele and I must say, I was quite impressed with the squire. It didn't feel like there was a 600 dollar difference between them.

• Members

by the way, the stock pickups on any of these I'm not too concerned with. as soon as I have a shred guitar here in my posession I'm ordering a pair of bare knuckle pickups for them. I'm mainly concerned with playability and the tone of the body wood... and maybe slightly what the guitar looks like overall, might as well get something I like the looks of, but that's the least important factor for me....

I want a guitar with good tone. I don't just toss in EMG's like a lot of you guys...

Archived