This ibanez is calling me...

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I love it bro. It`s the best guitar I`ve ever owned. A lifetime keeper for sure. Brent does some sweet work.

I think I`m going to swap the pups around though. I think the 81 is too bright in the bridge and the 85 to bassy in the neck so I`m gonna flip them. I bet it would sound even better that way.

Irregardless, the fit and finish is awesome. The playability is as good as it gets and the feel of it is like pure sex.

Eric

heh, I wish I hadn't passed on the offer I had for one. $1500 for it including a set of bareknuckle miracle man pickups ($300 a set)... I passed and hairydangler on here got it and last I heard he loves it

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Here is a pic of my Swamp Ash RGT 200. I love this guitar, it plays NICE!!!! I opted not to get the mahogany version because my Prestige S takes care of that.
:thu:

:snax:
So, what ya waitin' fer.....

Nice. I figured an ash guitar would be too bright for me, but my G&L asat special is made of swamp ash, and it sounds GREAT. I think with ash guitars, and maybe alder too or just bright guitars in general, if you use the guitar's tone knob and turn it down to the bassiest setting it sounds really good... nice thick dark-ish tone but with still plenty of bite (depending on amp settings)... this is something I'd never do with mahogany guitars, but it works really well on my swamp ash asat. while doing this and using a boost pedal, I can actually, surprisingly, get a really nice metal tone.... and it's a telecaster for {censored}'s sake! no humbuckers in it either :)

• Members

Take the options you get on a $600 LTD and compare it to a $900 prestige(or whatever they cost)....

MMM, add another $1000, and you're talking about this guitar. It is Mahogany bodied, five piece neck, real pickups.

You should be comparing it to a neck-thru M series, not the little LTDs.

I love my LTD horizon 7 stringer to death, but the neck through prestiges are in another league. And actually I'd still take Schecter or Carvin over the neck-thru LTD's Mxxx and Hxxx as well. They just feel wrong.

• Members

MMM, add another $1000, and you're talking about this guitar. It is Mahogany bodied, five piece neck, real pickups.

You should be comparing it to a neck-thru M series, not the little LTDs.

I love my LTD horizon 7 stringer to death, but the neck through prestiges are in another league. And actually I'd still take Schecter or Carvin over the neck-thru LTD's Mxxx and Hxxx as well. They just feel wrong.

I'd say even the $900 RGA121's are miles above the LTD's though. there's not a whole lot of difference between them and the RG I originally made this thread about other than cosmetics and personal preference on neck construction type and such. I think the 121's are probably an extremely good value for the money, since they are basically the exact same thing as the $1500 RGA321 minus cosmetics (the flamed figuring on the maple top)..

I'm really glad people turned me onto the rga's.... as high as quality as any other prestige, nice woods, a real thick maple top, play amazingly, convenience of a fixed bridge, and I think because they are archtops, they probably sound a little thicker than the normal flat top RG's....

I'm really looking forward to getting mine. the only weakness is the stock pickups, but even the $2000 RG this thread was about comes with the same ones.... I'm going to order a set of bareknuckle pickups for it... I think I'm gonna go with the miracle man set :thu: this guitar can't get here fast enough! :D

• Members
I'd say even the $900 RGA121's are miles above the LTD's though. there's not a whole lot of difference between them and the RG I originally made this thread about other than cosmetics and personal preference on neck construction type and such. I think the 121's are probably an extremely good value for the money, since they are basically the exact same thing as the $1500 RGA321 minus cosmetics (the flamed figuring on the maple top).. I'd glad people turned me onto the rga's.... as high as quality as any other prestige, nice woods, a real thick maple top, play amazingly, convenience of a fixed bridge, and I think because they are archtops, they probably sound a little thicker than the normal flat top RG's.... I'm really looking forward to getting mine. it needs to get here already!
:D

Agreed, without question.

At some point I really want to track down a nice cherry sunburst American Masters. That was the first bomb-assed guitar Ibanez made, and my dream guitar growing up. I was a little short and bought a USA Custom my freshman year of high school. By the time I had money again, they were ancient history. There was one at the GC near me forever (Lawndale?) that was just so damn hot.

They should release an RGTA... with either fixed or trem. That would be nice.

• Members

Agreed, without question.

At some point I really want to track down a nice cherry sunburst American Masters. That was the first bomb-assed guitar Ibanez made, and my dream guitar growing up. I was a little short and bought a USA Custom my freshman year of high school. By the time I had money again, they were ancient history. There was one at the GC near me forever (Lawndale?) that was just so damn hot.

They should release an RGTA... with either fixed or trem. That would be nice.

I haven't seen that american masters. sounds cool though. I saw some neckthrough natural finish ones on ebay a few weeks back. they looked pretty nice.

and, yeah an rgta would be nice. that's what that black guitar looks like that was posted on the other page, but that guy hasn't replied yet. I have no idea what it is, heh. it looks like an RGA, but neck through, and with the same finish as the rgt320 I made this thread about, but with a black tint instead of the antique color. looks pretty niiiice.

even making the rga321 in some new colors would make me happy. I don't dig the blue. a sunburst or natural flamed or something would be awesome though :love:

• Members
I'd say even the $900 RGA121's are miles above the LTD's though. there's not a whole lot of difference between them and the RG I originally made this thread about other than cosmetics and personal preference on neck construction type and such. I think the 121's are probably an extremely good value for the money, since they are basically the exact same thing as the $1500 RGA321 minus cosmetics (the flamed figuring on the maple top)..

I'm really glad people turned me onto the rga's.... as high as quality as any other prestige, nice woods, a real thick maple top, play amazingly, convenience of a fixed bridge, and I think because they are archtops, they probably sound a little thicker than the normal flat top RG's....

I'm really looking forward to getting mine. the only weakness is the stock pickups, but even the $2000 RG this thread was about comes with the same ones.... I'm going to order a set of bareknuckle pickups for it... I think I'm gonna go with the miracle man set
:thu:
this guitar can't get here fast enough!
:D

I have an RGA121 and love it. The stock bridge humbucker leaves a lot to be desired, but the neck pickup is pretty good. It's a very versatile guitar tone-wise. Some people think a guitar with a fixed bridge can't be versatile, but I call those people morons. :)

• Members

I guess it all comes down to preferences, but having played the range of LTD's all the way up to their "Deluxe" 1000 series, none of them stack fit and finish-wise to an MIJ Ibanez Prestige.
ESP's on the otherhand definitely do, and in fact are probably better than the Ibanezes.

• Members

heh, I wish I hadn't passed on the offer I had for one. $1500 for it including a set of bareknuckle miracle man pickups ($300 a set)... I passed and hairydangler on here got it and last I heard he loves it

HAHAHA.....The danglermeister sniped you on that one huh? That would have been a great deal. You shoulod have jumped on that one with both feet.

I love mine. I can`t believe I got such a great deal on it. Tony (Mctallica1)was only asking $1,175 + S&H. Hell, he even sent it to me with no payment. Tony is a great guy to deal with. And the Juggernaut is awesome. I think I will swap the pups this weekend.

Eric

Archived