Saw 300 Last Night....Good God.....

Chrisjd

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Excellent movie, just saw it.

Sure, in some parts it looked fake, it looked corny, and 3/4s of the movie was in slow motion. But it was a great movie and not just your normal war/killing movie. This movie had a lot of emotion behind it and for the most part was historically accurate. There's definitely a very well defined theme througout the movie and I'll let you be the judge of that ;) .

• Members
For God's sake, go see this movie now....... I hyped it up a lot before hand, and built up pretty high expectations, and this movie met them all. Best ass-whoopin I have seen on the screen yet. Talk about an adrenaline rush.....

I finally saw it last night and really liked it a lot. :cool:

• Members
Freedom isnt free

Send more troops

Fight the persians

Diplomats trying to keep us from fighting a glorious war

Oh Look the diplomat is crooked

We're not slaves (even though we throw away small deformed babys in a pit and have a huge warrior class that has mandatory training for boys after a certain age)

Fight the invisible army of persians that draws is ranks from innumerable places and will strike with any tactic possible or be ENSLAVED

fight the tyranny

All is well we sent more troops

All a leader asks of you is not to forget what they died for

The end

You seem to be totally programmed. :D

What destroys your parallel:

Anybody with any cognition knows Iraq wasn't asking our fealty nor had the ability to demand it.

If throwing their unwanted babies into a pit was glorified in the movie, would that not seem to line up more with pro-abortion than pro-life/Republican thinking due to most abortions occuring to prevent births of unwanted or possibly deformed babies?

And hasn't pretty much any dominant empire during history been able to draw seemingly innumerable forces into wars due to controlling other armies/empires they've conquered?

Please try to get out more and enjoy life. :D I can honestly say I hate this f**ked up war in Iraq but didn't suddenly feel we need to send more troops to Iraq or start a war with Iran after seeing this movie. If it was somehow an effort to brainwash people into being more pro-war with Iraq or Iran, I seriously doubt that effort will have much success. ;)

• Members
You seem to be totally programmed.
:D

What destroys your parallel:

Anybody with any cognition knows Iraq wasn't asking our fealty nor had the ability to demand it.

If throwing their unwanted babies into a pit was glorified in the movie, would that not seem to line up more with pro-abortion than pro-life/Republican thinking due to most abortions occuring to prevent births of unwanted or possibly deformed babies?

And hasn't pretty much any dominant empire during history been able to draw seemingly innumerable forces into wars due to controlling other armies/empires they've conquered?

Please try to get out more and enjoy life.
:D
I can honestly say I hate this f**ked up war in Iraq but didn't suddenly feel we need to send more troops to Iraq or start a war with Iran after seeing this movie. If it was somehow an effort to brainwash people into being more pro-war with Iraq or Iran, I seriously doubt that effort will have much success.
;)

I feel the need to retort

34234-1.gif

1-3.gif

1173311123126zt6.gif

damme300.gif

300caloriesvk6.gif

1172364602151zm5.jpg

.............Thank you for listening.

-R3

• Members

I don't think 300 is as comic-booky as sin city. Very stylized but I didn't think it looked overly fake. I never would have guessed that it was all blue screen and CGI and I usually spot that stuff pretty quick. Kind of in between sin city and gladiator I'd say.

Oops, didn't realize this thread was on page 4 :o And ya, if nothing else the oracle makes it worth while :D

• Members

The movie would have been 300 times better if they had done it right...more like Gladiator with the realism. I liked Sin City, but 300 is way too far fetched. It's Frank Miller does Lord of the Rings. Not very interesting once you get past the fight scenes.

Big difference between 300 and Gladiator. Gladiator was directed by Ridley Scott. 300 was directed by Zack Snyder. That about sums it up.

• Members

I had mixed thoughts about 300. I was really looking forward to seeing it and the battle scenes were great. The look of the film was very graphic novel in style but not in the same way Sin City was. The only problem I had was that other than the fighting there was no real plot or character development meaning that I didn't really care about any of the characters.

The other off putting thing was that Gerard Butler did a good job of making Leonidas sound like an angry Glaswegian. After shouting "THIS IS SPAAAARRRTAA" I expected him to follow it with "FUK YEE JIMMEH" and start nutting people.

There were moments that were obviously blue/green screen. Particularly when they walk off to battle through the corn field. Perspective looked wrong and you could sense that there wasn't much space to walk off too instead of there being an enormous field in front of them.

Mind you the oracle was great, with nips you could cut glass with :D . Come to think of it Leonidas's wife had a nice pair as well but I wouldn't like to be there when he found out about all the A2M action.:D

just my 2 cents.

Archived