Saw 300 Last Night....Good God.....

Chrisjd

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have tics for tonight. Naysayers or not, i am really pumped for it. This movie would be a horrible drinking game. Could you imagine taking a drink everytime a person was killed? You wouldn't make it half way through.

Matt

• Members

Comic book- Lord of the rings....... I have to check it out now.

There is a Golum, a cave troll, goblins...seriously. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with that since they would appear in a fantasy movie in a fantasy setting. 300 is actually based on real people and real events which were sensational enough in real life to make an extraordinary movie. With all the extra crap thrown in it lost credibility and took away from the actual portrayal of the Battle of Thermopylae.

• Members

This movie is not a historical account of the Battle of Thermopylae . . . it's an on-screen version of Frank Miller's 300 (one badass mother {censored}ing graphic novel) . . .

That being said . . . this move {censored}ing owns in its own right. The entire theater erupted into applause during the credits . . . Ass-kicking from the get-go . . . visually stunning . . . awe inspiring . . .

{censored} the haters!

If your nuts produce testosterone, you will want to have sex with this movie.

Want accuracy? . . . go watch the History channel.

• Members

This movie is not a historical account of the Battle of Thermopylae . . . it's an on-screen version of Frank Miller's 300 (one badass mother {censored}ing graphic novel) . . .

That being said . . . this move {censored}ing owns in its own right. The entire theater erupted into applause during the credits . . . Ass-kicking from the get-go . . . visually stunning . . . awe inspiring . . .

{censored} the haters!

If your nuts produce testosterone, you will want to have sex with this movie.

Want accuracy? . . . go watch the History channel.

Have you even read about the Battle of Thermoplyae? The story behind 300 is almost dead on accurate. The battle scenes and characters however are way off base. Saving Private Ryan was an amazing movie...Chronicles of Narnia was an amazing movie. Put the two together and you get crap.

I agree that if you don't care one bit about historical events then you will probably think this is a great movie for the same reason fish like shiny objects. If you like to be moved by a movie and the visual reminder of just how amazing certain events in history really were...you'll be very disappointed with 300.

• Members

Guys,keep in mind, it is not trying to be another Alexander or other historic-accurate/epic battle movie. The movie,the characters (monsters/etc)and the animations are based on (and used in) the video game. Its a video-game movie,ppl. Kept in that context,enjoy!

• Members

Is it corny like sin city, or does it have a decent plot with action scenes are grown up can relate with not kiddy cornball {censored}.

The plot was pretty weak, basically only see this movie for the awesome battle scenes everything else is just meh.

• Members

For God's sake, go see this movie now....... I hyped it up a lot before hand, and built up pretty high expectations, and this movie met them all. Best ass-whoopin I have seen on the screen yet. Talk about an adrenaline rush.....

I'm put off by the hype and by how some 20 something in hollywood gets tens of millions of dollars to make what, from the previews, looks like a video game ... an awesome x-box 360 game, mind you ..... but still a video game and not a movie.

the characters and the look is so cartoonish; I actually laugh at how rediculously overwrought they look in the previews when trying to look fiercesome and mighty .

again .... as a video game .... it looks like game of the year. but i thought this was suppose to be a movie.

i liked sin city. i like heroic war stories [watch dogfights on history channel all the time] .... i totally would like this to succeed, but can't see how people not see that its a great video game [again, going by the previews].

it seems to me to be another "cult of personality" in action thing where it seems people are so dying to want a graphic action novel to be a big hit and how frank miller is the sh*t that only "gushing" is allowed .... no real, objective analysis. i don't see how anyone can objectively say this is not a video game.

i am actually waiting to see if they release a video game. the conversion would be seemless.

• Members

Have you even read about the Battle of Thermoplyae? The story behind 300 is almost dead on accurate. The battle scenes and characters however are way off base. Saving Private Ryan was an amazing movie...Chronicles of Narnia was an amazing movie. Put the two together and you get crap.

I agree that if you don't care one bit about historical events then you will probably think this is a great movie for the same reason fish like shiny objects. If you like to be moved by a movie and the visual reminder of just how amazing certain events in history really were...you'll be very disappointed with 300.

i think you get I am getting from the previews. 300 is a video game with the depth of one. big, dumb ... and still could be fun, if it did not look so bad ... look like i'm watching video game graphics with my dual sli, overclocked GPU on my quadcore, overclocked, watercooled computer.

i

• Members

The plot was pretty weak, basically only see this movie for the awesome battle scenes everything else is just meh.

Agreed. I liked the battles, but they still seemed a little over done with the choppy editing and way out of context music.

• Members

Went and saw it at midnight last night. Quite possibly the most amazing thing i've ever seen. The "monsters" that all of you seem to be so upset about, were actually disformed human beings that weren't "discarded." Albeit, some of it was a bit farfetched, the movie delivered what it promised. I seriously don't understand how you could be upset with it. The soundtrack was amazing too. I had a smile on my face nearly the whole movie.

Drew

• Members

There is a Golum, a cave troll, goblins...seriously. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with that since they would appear in a fantasy movie in a fantasy setting. 300 is actually based on real people and real events which were sensational enough in real life to make an extraordinary movie. With all the extra crap thrown in it lost credibility and took away from the actual portrayal of the Battle of Thermopylae.

have you seen silence of the lambs?

have you seen texas chainsaw massacre?

have you seen psycho?

• Members

Have you even read about the Battle of Thermoplyae? The story behind 300 is almost dead on accurate.

The story behind the 300 is the Battle of Thermopylae . . . and I've done more than just "read about it" . . . I've studied it for years.

300 (the graphic novel) is a {censored}ing Frank Miller story inspired by the Battle of Thermopylae . . . he took the premise of the historical records and used it to write one hell of a comic book story. However, it is in no way a dead on accurate account of Leonidas and the 300 Spartans.

300 (the movie) is a movie adaptation of Frank Miller's 300 (the graphic novel). And in being such it is highly successful and fun as hell.

Again, if I want accuracy I'll watch the History channel or read a text book . . . If I want fun, I'll go for the more pop-culture avenues (comics, film, etc.). If and when a movie is made called "The Battle of Thermopylae" I'll expect different things from it. But 300 is Frank {censored}ing Miller's 300, and is one hell of a ride!

• Members

you must be scared of anything new:rolleyes:
To me it looks like a whole new way of presenting a movie, wich in turn
inspires me to see it. Not everybody want's to see the same thing over and over. I welcome a fresh new look to movie making.:thu:

it seems to me to be another "cult of personality" in action thing where it seems people are so dying to want a graphic action novel to be a big hit and how frank miller is the sh*t that only "gushing" is allowed .... no real, objective analysis. i don't see how anyone can objectively say this is not a video game.

i am actually waiting to see if they release a video game. the conversion would be seemless.

• Members

Think of it this way:

The 13th Warriror is a movie adaptation of Michael Crichton's book Eaters of the Dead . . .

The book Eaters of the Dead is basically Michael Crichton's attempt to take a myth/legend (Beowulf) and create something that resembles a more historically-plausible story that the myth/legend could have been based upon.

Frank Miller's 300 (the graphic novel) is the inverse of that equation.

300 (the movie) is a movie adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic novel.

Capice?

• Members

Think of it this way:

The 13th Warriror is a movie adaptation of Michael Crichton's book Eaters of the Dead . . .

The book Eaters of the Dead is basically Michael Crichton's attempt to take a myth/legend (Beowulf) and create something that resembles a more historically-plausible story that the myth/legend could have been based upon.

Frank Miller's 300 (the graphic novel) is the inverse of that equation.

300 (the movie) is a movie adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic novel.

Capice?

And both movies were lackluster although I would say that 13th Warrior was the better of the two.

Archived