Saw 300 Last Night....Good God.....

Chrisjd

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And both movies were lackluster although I would say that 13th Warrior was the better of the two.

LOL...I {censored}ing love The 13th Warrior.....horses 'fer courses I guess.

I expect to see 300 at some point and thoroughly enjoy it!

• Members

And both movies were lackluster although I would say that 13th Warrior was the better of the two.

I liked 13th warrior. It looked and feel like a movie. Again, I've repeatedly said that I am only going off what I see from the trailer, 300 looks and feels like watching a video game story.

• Members

Just got back. Really enjoyable and something that really needs to be seen on the big screen. This is one of those films that is just visually spectacular (well, it has a story as well). It ranks up there with other films like "What Dreams May Come", "Toys", "Sin City", etc. It's like a film that you go specifically with the intention of looking at it.

• Members

wow. what a inarticulate american asshole. i criticized the movie. it wasn't personal to anyone. you're making it so. you're out of line here.

good one. I was merely stating the obvious, sorry to see that you are so insecure that you instantly take offense. yikes

• Members

It was {censored}, and I liked Sin City a lot.

The battle scenes overused manipulation of real time to create a false intensity that was almost laughable. There were more one-dimensional characters than I could count on fingers and toes. No one mattered, no one made you invested in them, every part of the plot is blatantly revealed and criminally underdeveloped.

There were some cool scenes and moments, visually it was interesting, but on the whole the movie failed.

It just wasn't that good as an action movie and seemed like a string of some cool battle scene ideas with plot that's about as deep as a picture book in between.

Worth the money? Maybe, but just for the few decent battle scenes that were badass. Most of the time I was just bored and having fun making a joke of the whole thing.

• Members

I saw the movie yesterday. Believe or not, there was this guy who came with his baby girl in a stroller. She must have been around one year old, maybe a bit more than that. The man sat in the front row, then set the stroller to make sure that the baby could enjoy the full experience.

At some point I thought about telling the guy that maybe the movie was not appropriate for a baby, but then I thought that would only get me into trouble, for there was no way this guy didn't know what he was doing. I mean, come on, it's rated R!

What a sicko.

• Members

all the reviews i'm reading are trying to draw parallels to real world things but...it's not working. The movie isn't meant to have a lesson. It's just supposed to kick ass.

I took my girlfriend to see it (who mind you doesnt like most action movies) and SHE loved it. Bad ass to the nth degree.

• Members

all the reviews i'm reading are trying to draw parallels to real world things but...it's not working. The movie isn't meant to have a lesson. It's just supposed to kick ass.

I took my girlfriend to see it (who mind you doesnt like most action movies) and SHE loved it. Bad ass to the nth degree.

Yep. Its a comic book adaptation. And it does indeed kick all sorts of ass.

• Members

Yep. Its a comic book adaptation. And it does indeed kick all sorts of ass.

I happen to be a second-hand comic book nerd (my brother buys a bunch every week and i steal 'em and read 'em) so I'm well versed in Miller...and while I actually DONT like him, this movie was awesome if you just want to sit and watch some fightin'. I will concede that hey, the plot was...nonexistant, and that it is sorta like a video game, but that's kinda what made it so cool.

Not every film needs to have deeper meaning to be good. if you were looking for that, then yeah, it sucked.

PS did anyone else clap during the council scene? (you know what part)

• Members

wow. what a inarticulate american asshole. i criticized the movie. it wasn't personal to anyone. you're making it so. you're out of line here.

What the hell, dude?

What does "american" have to do with it?

Talk about asshole.

You are out of line here.

• Members

For God's sake, go see this movie now....... I hyped it up a lot before hand, and built up pretty high expectations, and this movie met them all. Best ass-whoopin I have seen on the screen yet. Talk about an adrenaline rush.....

+1,000

I saw it in IMAX. It was totally worth $12, plus $11 for popcorn and a drink.

• Members

i thought it was fine, fights were amazing (only reason i saw it) everything else kinda sucked, and way too much green screen. some review said, "It feels like Lord of the Rings minus all character development", spot on.

:bor::blah:

• Members
i thought it was fine, fights were amazing (only reason i saw it) everything else kinda sucked, and way too much green screen. some review said, "It feels like Lord of the Rings minus all character development", spot on.

:bor::blah:

I think that's somewhat accurate. It's a little more badass, with 100% less story/character development.

• Members

for all the people talking about realism....did any of you stop to think how unrealistic 300 soldiers defeating 1 million is? :D i think the idea was to portray the overwhelming odds of a STORY nonetheless. there is nothing realistic about any 300 soldiers defeating 1 million no matter how elite they are. 1 million children could defeat the most elite 300 soldiers on earth.

Archived