ZAKK WYLDE: "Kurt Cobain was a candy ass, cheese-dick, f-in' piece of sh-t" - video

Renoir1

• Members

This isn't a public speaking message, IQ test or life advice seminar. Stir {censored} all you want to, the guy can play. I wouldn't go to him for any type of advice or wisdom but I can't fault his playing. Original and talented are vastly different terms. Funny how now every kid playing guitar is doing pinch harmonics....How many of "plowboy's" albums have you bought and how many shows have you paid to see?

Agreed...and the guy can say anything he wants...even if it is drunken ignorant cliche-ridden machismo garbage. Hell, I even happen to agree with him that Cobain could be an incredibly whiney bitch. However, his playing does ZERO for me...I felt and still feel Jake was a much better and more unique player (too bad he fell off the face of the earth). I bought the first album the plowboy put out with Ozzy and that was enough for me. And just because tons of kids are doing pinch harmonics (and it's not like he invented them) doesn't make Zakk great for me. Lots of kids dug Creed and Bush too. As far as seeing him live, I never have and never will...Ozzy with Zakk just does NIL for me...from a playing or songwriting aspect.

My gripe about Zakk is that there was a time when he was just another glam looking metal flash dude (thuss his cool late eightiez metalzz spelling for his nayme), and now he's playing Mr. Tough Guy biker dude and putting down people that changed the face of music (for better or worse). There's more to life than whoever is the "toughest" dude. That mentality makes me sick...

EDIT: All this said even though I found the Seattle thing refreshing when it first happened (like MANY metalheads at the time did...let's face it), I hate what Cobain and the other grunge bands did to music...which was take ALL THE {censored}IN' FUN OUT OF IT. Still to this day, it is considered cliche and old fashioned to sing about partying, craziness, and hot chicks and I MISS THAT. Rock needed Cobain and the like at that time because it had become a parody of itself and there were too many clone Poison/Slaughter type bands out there polluting the atmosphere. But lo and behold 5 years later there were a million Pearl Jam/Nirvana clones and to this day it seems like it hasn't stopped. So I guess if there's a positive to BLS and Ozzy for me it is that at least they aren't pretentious {censored}s...however the opposite end of the spectrum that Zakk represents is equally sickening to me.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As someone who has been personally affected by suicide I completely disagree.

I guess our situations are different. I've had to deal with my wife's grief over her brother's suicide for the last 9 years. While it's gotten better, it never goes away. Her mom's never gotten over it and it took me a while to get over the images in my head from cleaning up the mess he and his shotgun left behind so they wouldn't have to see it.

Suicide is a selfish act unless you have no one in the world that cares about you. Kurt had a kid he left behind. I can't fathom leaving my kids high and dry like that under any circumstances.

• Members

Is tlbonehead the same person as SteveVHT?

....by the way....I AM THE KING OF DOUCHEBAGGERY! There's no promotion like self-promotion.

No, but tlbonehead and I can also see right through asswipes like you. So in that sense, we are similar....

Glad you know what you are...

• Members

Regardless, however, to assume that you know enough about him to make a qualified statement regarding his character after his death is to spew of audacity.

Nowhere did I claim to know a single thing about him or what went on inside his head. I was simply stating my opinion of people who take their lives.

• Members

Got some extra popcorn???

Seriously.

You have not formulated a credible argument yet; the obvious solution to your problem is to continue to not take you or this thread about zakk wylde seriously.

He's a redneck with a nominal amount of success that thinks he's qualified to make a statement about someone he never knew.

How many of you have actually read biographies of Kurt Cobain? ....I have...all 800 pages of it. After that, I had the opportunity to shadow a pathologist conducting an autopsy on a fresh 16-year-old boy who had committed suicide merely 2 hours before coming to the county medical examiner's office. I touched his remains. I saw the undigested scrambled eggs coming out of his stomach when it was cut and weighed.

Needless to say, it wasn't pretty. I was reality staring me straight in the face. This had actually been the second autopsy at the county medical examiner's office. The first one was a mid-30's suicide where the man blew his jaw off by putting a .45 in his mouth. His jaw was hanging by a few tendons, and the periphery of his eyes were bruised and sunken from the internal force of the gas erupted from the bullet before lodging into his brainstem (respiratory control center).

Most importantly, however, was the realization that it had not been necessary; however, what that kid needed (and what Cobain needed) was hope in a world full of simple-minded fools who take it upon themselves to kick people who are depressed while they are down and even after death. What the world needs is more enlightenment, understanding, and compassion for those struck with mental illness. As such, this realm of medicine happens to be nebulous compared to the traditional disciplines of surgery and internal medicine. I dare to say that it is, in fact, the last frontier of medicine. Psychiatry taken to the molecular level holds more clues to the nature of the human mind than any other branch of scientific endeavor.

To cast off someone's suicide like a neanderthal by saying Cobain was a "{censored} loser quitter" is an admission of your own lack of intelligence.

How....{censored}ing....DARE YOU make a loaded statement without a thorough investigation of the facts.

This is the ultimate point I am making. You are not qualified to tout your knowledge about suicide and judge others who are dead when the life you have lived hasn't amounted to much. Anyone idolizing someone like Zakk Wylde with their high-gain guitar amps and token metal attitude just doesn't get it.

In some ways, we need those sort of people so that a contrast between human decency and the lack thereof can be made. So, thanks, Steve, for being a moron so that my point can be reiterated time and time again.

The truth of the matter is that Cobain was far more complex of a human being than any of the metal heads here with their bull{censored} self-righteousness will ever know. It's such a cliche' to evoke an image of toughness that it becomes tiresome and boring after awhile.

Go read a book. You're about as deep as a hospital bedpan.

I was being facetious with your "list." {censored}ing tool. You hardly knew that you were being used for my amusement.

• Members
Are you getting scared that you will be voted the King of all Douchebags????

or are you gonna just sit there and
:cry:

Panzy ass little bitch....
:love:

no i could care less.
this is just an internet forum full of people that i've never met and probably have about a .0000000001 percent chance of ever meeting, so it doesn't really amount to much.

which is why when i see guys, or boys, like you on the internet i think it's so funny. you just talk so much {censored} to everyone who disagrees with you- you call names and you make threats to people you dont know-- {censored} look at your signature man-- you dont even have to wait for the hate to come from you you have it right there up front so everyone knows wht you're about-- lol

the truth of the matter is you're probably just a pimple faced geek who's a 35 year old virgin living in his moms' basement and takes special care not to offend anyone when he leaves the house for fear of getting your ass kicked-haha

now you can talk as much {censored} as you want -- and i'm SURE YOU WILL because that seems to be why you come to this forum- so you can talk {censored} to people and make yourself feel like a big tough guy :bor:

- i'm putting you on permanent ignore status as of right now.

• Members

You can fix ignorance. You can fix stupid. You can't fix douchebag.

Indeed,

I like alot of zakks music, as a person mabey he's an alright guy, Drunk, he's an delerious drunk twat, talking {censored} about dead guys and the liek. But i dislike wiggers.

but I also hate the yankees

• Members
wylde1027.jpg

There...that's pretty much why Zakk hates Cobain so much...he made THAT uncool...what a tough ass biker king he looks like there. Morphing into whatever is the cool look o' the day doesn't make Zakk cool...so he can drop the pseudo-biker thing. At least Cobain could have cared less how cool he looked...

• Members

He's drunk as usual, but he's right about Curt Cobain....

+100000000000000000000000000000000000

I'm no big fan of Zakk cause he's a dick as well but that said,

Kurt Cobain was a {censored}ing weak piece of {censored}. The guy took the easy way out instead of dealing with his problems and he left a little girl behind to deal with that the rest of her life. {censored}ing loser {censored}.:mad:

• Members
+100000000000000000000000000000000000

I'm no big fan of Zakk cause he's a dick as well but that said,

Kurt Cobain was a {censored}ing weak piece of {censored}. The guy took the easy way out instead of dealing with his problems and he left a little girl behind to deal with that the rest of her life. {censored}ing loser {censored}.
:mad:

:thu:

• Members
no i could care less.

this is just an internet forum full of people that i've never met and probably have about a .0000000001 percent chance of ever meeting, so it doesn't really amount to much.

which is why when i see guys, or boys, like you on the internet i think it's so funny. you just talk so much {censored} to everyone who disagrees with you- you call names and you make threats to people you dont know-- {censored} look at your signature man-- you dont even have to wait for the hate to come from you you have it right there up front so everyone knows wht you're about-- lol

the truth of the matter is you're probably just a pimple faced geek who's a 35 year old virgin living in his moms' basement and takes special care not to offend anyone when he leaves the house for fear of getting your ass kicked-haha

now you can talk as much {censored} as you want -- and i'm SURE YOU WILL because that seems to be why you come to this forum- so you can talk {censored} to people and make yourself feel like a big tough guy
:bor:

- i'm putting you on permanent ignore status as of right now.

I wouldn't talk crap to Steve, he knows Wing Chun.

• Members

Seriously.

You have not formulated a credible argument yet; the obvious solution to your problem is to continue to not take you or this thread about zakk wylde seriously.

He's a redneck with a nominal amount of success that thinks he's qualified to make a statement about someone he never knew.

How many of you have actually read biographies of Kurt Cobain? ....I have...all 800 pages of it. After that, I had the opportunity to shadow a pathologist conducting an autopsy on a fresh 16-year-old boy who had committed suicide merely 2 hours before coming to the county medical examiner's office. I touched his remains. I saw the undigested scrambled eggs coming out of his stomach when it was cut and weighed.

Needless to say, it wasn't pretty. I was reality staring me straight in the face.

Most importantly, however, was the realization that it was not necessary; however, what that kid needed (and what Cobain needed) was hope in a world full of simple-minded fools who take it upon themselves to kick people who were depressed while they were down and even after their deaths.

How....{censored}ing....DARE YOU!

This is the ultimate point I am making. You are not qualified to tout your knowledge about suicide and judge others who are dead when the life you have lived hasn't amounted to much. Anyone idolizing someone like Zakk Wylde with their high-gain guitar amps and token metal attitude just doesn't get it.

In some ways, we need those sort of people so that a contrast between human decency and the lack thereof can be made. So, thanks, Steve, for being a moron so that my point can be reiterated time and time again.

The truth of the matter is that he was far more complex of a human being than any of the metalheads here with their bull{censored} self-righteousness will ever know.

Go read a book. You're about as deep as a hospital bedpan.

I was being facetious with your "list." {censored}ing tool. You hardly knew that you were being used.

Are you truly that delusional???

First off, let's get something straight....I am not a fan of Zakk, though I do know him. He is a living mess and I don't like the type of person he has become. I've hung out with him many times, and he doesn't impress me as a guitarist or as a person. But I do respect what he did in his early days.

So, I think you have no grasp on the English language if you classify me as a Zakk fan....So get it straight.

As for Cobain.....

He did the world a favor by offing himself. The only person who truly suffered and will suffer is his daughter. And once she is old enough to realize what a waste of space her father was, hopefully, she will take a different path in life and do something meaningful. I have NO sympathy for a {censored}wad that is such a coward as to take his/her own life. It is a very selfish and careless act that deserves to be looked down upon.

I'm not on these forums, as many will tell you, to sit here and argue about someone who isn't worth the {censored} on the toilet paper I just wiped my ass with. The fact of the matter is that all I said was that I agreed with Zakks statement about Cobain. So if that's a problem to you, please put me on your ignore list and keep living with your head up your ass. It seems as if it's up there pretty deep, so I think it's time to get a clue.

As for reading a biography of a person who I view as a complete waste of life...no thanks. It would do nothing to change my view of him.

He chose his own poison, and lived that lifestyle. And that piece of {censored} he was married too should follow his lead and give her daughter a chance in life....

It's been fun, so have a pleasant evening...

Steve

Archived