Your live rig

C. Martin

• Members

Originally posted by eric

Yeah, I found a couple for like $250 or $275 that looked nice based on photos. But they were halfway across the US and shipping them was going to be at least $50-100. One of my concerns is getting one that will match the walnut color of my A-101. I have a couple of people looking for them, so I'll eventually get one.

Regards,

Eric

Yeah walnut is more common. The lime oak and cherrywood will be harder to find.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by eric

Yeah, I found a couple for like $250 or $275 that looked nice based on photos. But they were halfway across the US and shipping them was going to be at least $50-100. One of my concerns is getting one that will match the walnut color of my A-101. I have a couple of people looking for them, so I'll eventually get one.

Regards,

Eric

I feel you on that, I do not know what is up with the churches and benches, when I bought my A105 from a church the bench was missing as well!!! I had to find a cheap A100, steel its bench which matched and sold the A100 by iteself!!!!

Keep on the look out there are some on ebay but again PRICEy, try looking for an E100 bench they are the same and you can usually find one of those for about $200 for the whole organ with full pedal set. Keep the bench and Ebay the organ and pedals!!! Depending on where you are located someone out there probably has one they want to part with!!! E100's are not the heavily sought after Hammonds!!

• Members

On the stand: Yamaha Motif 6

Yamaha SY-77

In the rack: EMU Proteus 2000

Zoom Valve DSP 9150 (for the guitars)

Dynacord CLS-222 (for the organ patches out of

the Proteus)

Behringer MKB1002 mixer

2 Yamaha MS400 powered speakers

Pretty simple setup, but I still wish I could figure out a way to carry less stuff around for gigs.

• Members

Live rig:

Korg Karma

Novation X-Station 49

Fender "Roland-ready" Strat

Roland GR33 guitar synth

Mesa Boogie V-Twin

Zoom G2.1u

Ernie Ball vol. pedal

Studio rig:

Korg Karma, Triton Rack,

Wavestation A/D, microKorg

Roland JD800 & 990, GR33

Kurzweil K2000R & ExpressionMate

Yamaha FS1R, Emu Morpheus

Kawai K5000R, K1m

Novation X-Station

Oberheim Cyclone

• Members

Currently the live rig is:

Yamaha CS-15D

Korg M3-R

Farfisa Mini-compact -> Alesis NanoVerb

all these into a Behringer mixer with an effect send to a Kaoss Pad2

mixer out -> EH Memory-Man Delux -> Volume pedal -> the PA (or Barbetta Sona 41 amp)

Some kinda crappy pictures here:

http://www.questionthetruth.com/noise/cutestpuppy/images/01150601.jpg

and here:

http://www.questionthetruth.com/noise/cutestpuppy/images/01150602.jpg

or just go to: www.cutestpuppy.net

• Members

Somebody show me a Farfisa minicompact!

I've simplified over the years. Everything I need is in my Yamaha P90.

If the other guy calls me for a bar gig, I'll bring

Kurzweil PC2R & Beringer Ultralink in a rack

StudioLogic VMK 88 (13lb 88 key controller)

Alesis Micron

Put thru Mackie 450 and Eon 10 or Fender KBR300.

The back seats fold down flat on my Murano, so there's plenty of room

• Members

RD300SX replacing Retired RD600

Yamaha Motif ES Rack

Roland VK8M

2 Roland KC 350s

All my gigs are single engagement type club dates with a variety band, and this rig gives me everything I need and it is fairly light and easy to cart around. I play Key Bass on most jobs, and if I need some extra bass oomph due to a really large room, I run a feed to the PA just for the bass side of the stereo mix. I get all this plus a small PA if needed into my Toyota Matrix, and still get 34 to a gallon . :)

• Members

Originally posted by Bobsk8

RD300SX replacing Retired RD600

Yamaha Motif ES Rack

Roland VK8M

2 Roland KC 350s

All my gigs are single engagement type club dates with a variety band, and this rig gives me everything I need and it is fairly light and easy to cart around. I play Key Bass on most jobs, and if I need some extra bass oomph due to a really large room, I run a feed to the PA just for the bass side of the stereo mix. I get all this plus a small PA if needed into my Toyota Matrix, and still get 34 to a gallon .
:)

Awesome Bob - where do you live?

Here in NJ, left-hand bass was all the rage, back in the day - when my dad was doing gigs (weddings/banquets, etc...). Nowadays all bands use a bass plyr. or sequences. I occasionally book pickup gigs for myself and a guitarist w/drum machine - then I'll do lefthand bass. It's tiring, especially if I'm also singing and working the drum machine.

Where do you live?

Also - how easy is it to control the Mo' ES Rack from the Roland RD300SX?

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

Also - how easy is it to control the Mo' ES Rack from the Roland RD300SX?

this is the question also from me.

HOW DO YOU CONTROL MO' with RD300?

I'd like to do the same ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Yamaha P120 for everything that requires a "subtle touch".

Triton Extreme 61 for synthy stuff.

If anything overflows a Triton Classic 61 as a controller for the Extereme or maybe organs.

I hate doing patch changes in the middle of tunes so if I need 4 splits plus Piano, they sounds are all there in one go.

Really bad photo:

http://www.barnsleyentertainment.com/pages/IMG_2270_JPG.htm

Now got a K&M Spider Pro stand. Wobbly as anything if you give it some punishment at extreme top or bottom ends. Synth stuff's OK but the biting piano (Velo+128!) tends to make me feel a bit nervous!

• Members

I have worked hard the past year to optimize my 'live' setup. It is hard to balance flexibility with portability, but I think I have come close to an ideal -- at least for me. My main keyboard used to be a Fantom X8. Two factors caused me to change: 1) too big/heavy, and 2) much more studio-centric than live-centric control layout. Other than those two factors, I absolutely loved the X8, and I still miss its excellent weighted piano feel. That being said, my main keyboard is now the 76-key G-70. Even though I don't use the 'one man band' arranger capabilities much (I usually play with a four to five piece band), the whole keyboard is very live-centric. Color touch screen, d-beams, organ drawbars, etc...

I have owned pretty much every stand ever manufactured (A-frames, X-stands, Ultimate Apex column stand, etc...). But the Ultimate V-Stand really knocked my socks off. Very portable, Very solid, handles 88-key synths as easily as 61's, height adjustable, and uncluttered access to floor pedals. Stand Nirvana. On a (back)side note, I bought a Campmoor portable camp stool that has a functional back rest and actually fits *inside* the V-Stand case with the V-stand!

For amplification, I placed a long-odds bet on newfangled and went Bose PAS with a single subwoofer. I have to say that I am not going back to floor amps/wedge setups ever again. Besides the obvious portability, the sound quality is superb and the multiple inputs coupled with remote control makes it a very powerful and flexible unit for live setups. I wish the remote was wireless, and wish that it controlled all four inputs instead of just the first two, but these are nitpicky details.

Pedals are straightforward: I love the new Roland FV-500L for stereo volume control, and also use Roland's FP-10 damper pedal.

I have one 6U gatorrack that always comes with me containing: a Shure ULX Wireless mic receiver and front-mounted antennae (I use a condenser headset mic with this for handsfree vocals), a Furman UL8 II power conditioner, an Alesis 3U 12R Multimix mixer, and a TC Electronic M300 dual-engine reverb/multieffector.

Another 3U gatorrack accompanies me if I am also serving guitar duties containing: a Roland GT-Pro and a Roland GI-20 GK->MIDI box. I play both a Rickenbacker 360 and Fender Lonestar Strat modified with built-in GK system.

That's about it. Oh, did I mention that the entire setup fits in my RX-8? ;-)

• Members

this is what i used at the last gig:

5.jpg

i really need to get the looping rig into its own rack so i'm not wrapping 2000 USD worth of studio effects in a blanket to bring it to the gig.

also, the MS2000R is just used for sequencing and was just borrowed. hopefully i'll be done with my modular system by the next gig and i can sequence it from Numerology or a Q960 or something.

btw, the minimoog goes into the Eventide, then the PCM-80 which is configured as a looper under control from the PC1600. then it goes into the PA or if there's no PA it goes into my leslie through the organ's preamp. if there's no PA i don't bring the MS2000, which is used for berlin school type sequences.

the leslie is a 122. i would rather bring a pair of 31Hs but i don't have a trailer yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Live Rig @ church:

- Hammond B-3 w/a 142 and 145 leslie (I never move it!)

- Roland RD-200

- Roland XP-80 w/ Session Card

- Roland Fantom FA-76 w/ SRX-11 & 60s/70's Card

- Korg M1

- Roland KC-500

Home Rig:

- Roland MC-909

- Roland MBD-1

- Roland VK-7

- Roland PK-7

- Roland KC-300

- Applied Acoustics Lounge Lizard 1&2

- Digi 001 & PTLE 6.4

- Cakewalk Sonar 4

- Mackie CFX-12

- KRK V6 II

- Hart Dynamics Electric Drumset w/ Alesis D4

• Members

Live rig:

(2) Roland a30 controllers

Roland JV 1010

Alesis S4 plus

Korg ns5r

Micro B II

Apex ultimate plus stand

Motion kp-200s

Gator 6 space rack

I am now 46 years old and have lugged enough B3s, leslie 122s, kb 300 amps, and 3 tier stands with heavy synths to last two lifetimes. No more!!! What I have now fufills my needs and I can be set up and hooked to the PA in about twenty minutes from the time I walk in the door.

• Members

Originally posted by psalms34n1

Live Rig:

- Hammond B-3 w/a 142 and 145 leslie

- Roland RD-200

- Roland XP-80 w/ Session Card

- Korg M1

- Roland KC-500

Home Rig:

- Roland MC-909

- Roland MBD-1

- Roland VK-7

- Roland PK-7

- Roland KC-300

- Applied Acoustics Lounge Lizard 1&2

- Digi 001 & PTLE 6.4

- Cakewalk Sonar 4

- Mackie CFX-12

- KRK V6 II

- Hart Dynamics Electric Drumset w/ Alesis D4

You take a 142 and 145 out. WOW that is impressive.

• Members

Originally posted by cooterbrown

Yamaha Motif ES6

Ensoniq TS-10

Korg Triton (occasionally used)

Mackie 808M powered mixer

(2x) Yamaha S115V 15"w/HF horn

http://www.mw-df.com/gear.html

cooterbrown -

Nice setup you got there, but IIRC, your 808M is a mono head - so the fact that you're using the two Yamaha cabinets doesn't actually make it a stereo rig, it's just 2 cabs reproducing the exact same signal. :(

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

cooterbrown -

Nice setup you got there, but IIRC, your 808M is a mono head - so the fact that you're using the two Yamaha cabinets doesn't actually make it a stereo rig, it's just 2 cabs reproducing the exact same signal.
:(

Umm...that's because it's not supposed to be in stereo. :p

(I stack my cabinets one on top of the other...I need room for my guitar rig, too).

Running stereo, in a live setting, is a silly idea to me.

Nobody, other than yourself (and maybe a few audience members who are directly in front of you) is going to hear a correct stereo signal. Indeed, it will probably sound out of phase.

Mono is the way to go, live. :cool:

• Members

Gear I have gone through in the last twenty years and no longer own:

Roland Juno-60

Roland Jupiter-6

Korg Poly-800

Korg CX-3 (the original)

Korg DW-8000

Roland D-50

Ensoniq VFX-SD

Wurlitzer 200 Stage (was tan...I painted it psychedelic)

Rhodes Mk I Stage 88

Fatar SL-1100

Alesis QSR

Ensoniq TS-12

Ensoniq SD-1 32voice

Alesis QS8.1

Roland A-33

Alesis Nanopiano

MicroKorg

Peavey XR-500

2 Altec "Voice of the Theater" 15"/HF cabs

Roland KC-500