Sign in to follow this  
C. Martin

Your live rig

Originally posted by tucktronix

For the blues gigs

Yamaha S80

Hammond XB2(been using the EX7 lately due to broken keys)

Peavey TNT amp

Leslie 45 connected to a Fender Bassman

For the prog rock gigs

Yamaha S80

Korg X2

Peavey TNT amp

cbh5.jpg

Home setup

Yamaha EX7

MicroKorg

Boss DR770

Fostex DMT-8vL 8-Tr HD recorder

P II 350mHz PC w/Cakewalk Pro Audio 8, Acid 4.0

...btw - a Peavey "TNT" amp?

Aw, Tuck - you owe it to yourself to upgrade to a JBL, Mackie, Barbetta, MotionSound or something decent like that... other than that... thing... :eek::rolleyes: ha ha -

:cool:

Originally posted by GigMan

...btw - a Peavey "TNT" amp?

Aw, Tuck - you owe it to yourself to upgrade to a JBL, Mackie, Barbetta, MotionSound or something decent like that... other than that... thing...
:eek::rolleyes:
ha ha -

Man, you still playing that KS-32?:eek: I saw one at one of the clubs where I usually play in town, thought about taking it home.

Yeah, getting a new amp is one of a lot of things I've been considering. Unfortunately, it will have to stay in the consideration stage for a while, along with a Korg CX3 or Roland VK8 and a new, faster PC with s/w. The financial prognosis so far is looking good as I may end up getting one or a few of those things this year:).

I've been using the Peavey for about 7 years now. It's still a good amp for the blues gigs, pianos and such.

DUDE, some of you guys have got some serious setups!!! :eek:

I've recently gone the other direction, but I must admit that some of our lists are VERY impressive!

Originally posted by P120Dude

Nice setups, guys. Very impressing...
:eek::)

Chris

Thank you! I have to give credit to my generous and understanding wife for putting up with my gear lust and encouraging me to make the most of what ability I have.

Originally posted by alfadawg01

Thank you! I have to give credit to my generous and understanding wife for putting up with my gear lust and encouraging me to make the most of what ability I have.

Man... I envy you big time. My wife gives me a nasty look each time I mention ANYthing about gear.

I promised my wife no more gear for a while since I got my SL880 last summer. I never said anything about software. :)

Tuck's pic and mine have similar expressions. That keyboard face!

dancarn.jpg

62870562_l.jpg

Couple power books, rhodes, vsynth here and there, and we like our Ms2000s. er-1, alpha juno, s3200, uhh, yeah. not real compact or portable :(

Well, I haven't played out much, bu tmy current LIVE rig is:

Synths:

Akai MPC2000xl.

Clavia Nord Modular keyboard.

Korg MS2000.

Outboard:

Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro.

Alesis Microverb 4.

CPU:

Sony Vilo.

Running Nord Modular Editor, eventaulyl going to try running Tracktion (for Midi sequnces and Backing audio samples) and LIVE (for loops/live remixing).

Pretty tiny, but it gets the job done for ambient/experimental type stuff. It's more than Autechre use!!

Originally posted by hyperstationjr

Well, I haven't played out much, bu tmy current LIVE rig is:

Synths:

Akai MPC2000xl.

Clavia Nord Modular keyboard.

Korg MS2000.

Outboard:

Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro.

Alesis Microverb 4.

CPU:

Sony Vilo.

Running Nord Modular Editor, eventaulyl going to try running Tracktion (for Midi sequnces and Backing audio samples) and LIVE (for loops/live remixing).

Pretty tiny, but it gets the job done for ambient/experimental type stuff. It's more than Autechre use!!

Give me a link to your music man, that rig sounds really cool.

Current Live rig: Roland Fantom FA-76 w/Ultimate Keys & World Collection Cards, Triton LE w/Sampler, Roland AX-7 with Kenton Wireless MIDI. Current photos at my website.

Next month I will move to this live rig (at the larger clubs):

Fantom X-7 w/Ultimate Keys & Big Brass Cards, Andromeda, XTk, Q Rack, FS1R, Wavestation SR, AX-7 with Kenton Wireless MIDI and PK-5 Pedals. Photos to follow.

i haven't played live since Jan2003 after we disbanded, so this is what i had used live in two bands in recent yrs:

97/98: (progrock)

01W

JD990 midied to aJuno2

E-MU E4X midied to JX10

01/03: "Flare" (retro/brit/prog something)

K5000W midied to JD990

Triton Studio Pro

th_FLARE4RIJEKA.jpg

right now, i only go to rare jam sessions, improvising with some of my friends who still are still active. i bring only:

Andromeda

JD990 (midied to a borrowed X5D as controller)

i'd love to bring Rhodes, but it too bulky/heavy. i would, if it was a pro outfit, with roadies and all..

Originally posted by tucktronix

Man, you still playing that KS-32?
:eek:
I saw one at one of the clubs where I usually play in town, thought about taking it home.

Yeah, getting a new amp is one of a lot of things I've been considering. Unfortunately, it will have to stay in the consideration stage for a while, along with a Korg CX3 or Roland VK8 and a new, faster PC with s/w. The financial prognosis so far is looking good as I may end up getting one or a few of those things this year:).

I've been using the Peavey for about 7 years now. It's still a good amp for the blues gigs, pianos and such.

Hey -

That KS-32 has been with me for 10 years - I bought it in Feb. of 1995!! :eek:

It has seen several hundred gigs in that time - everything from weddings, barmitzvahs to rockin' bar gigs to cocktail piano...

Man, I am WAY overdue to replace it though - :D Too bad my wife gives me the same kind of looks as yours, even though I do make some nice coin with my gear... ha ha

Gigman:

Can't beat that for service. I'd use it until it dies if I were you. It's nice to be able to make money on your gear for a change. I think you've been getting the itch though. :)

Mike T.

Originally posted by Miket156

Gigman:

Can't beat that for service. I'd use it until it dies if I were you. It's nice to be able to make money on your gear for a change. I think you've been getting the itch though.
:)

Mike T.

Ha ha -

I probably WILL use it until it dies - but I need to know exactly what's out there, so that the minute it does die I can purchase with confidence that I've looked at + considered all the options available to me, to make a smart purchase with my hard-earned gig dollars... :cool:

That is unless GAS overwhelms me (AUUGH!! - I've been playing the same freakin' keyboard + MIDI module for 10 years...!!) and I break down and buy a Roland RD300/700SX, Kurzweil PC1X or Yamaha S90 first...

:D

Cool thread to revisit every once in a while!

Well, this feels redundant since it's in my sig. now, but the Fantom FA-76 is my workhorse, with the XP-30 adding EPs, organs, synths, stings, etc., plus performance splits, above it. To my right is my new Nord Lead 2X for all analog solos, basses, polysynths and effects. Our soundman has been doing very nicely just taking the ctrl room outs of my Behringer and sending a monitor mix.

Possible Plans for the future:

- Gather all 3 boards on to a three-tier stand

- Sell SH-32 and pick up Roland CM-30 monitor for "cocktail hours"

- REALLY gassing over the Nord Electro at the moment. Not likely this year. :(

Originally posted by P120Dude

The Pro,

Nice Setup. I love how you have your Mo' ES8 in front of the monitor.

Everyone else, nice setups!

Chris

Thanks Chris.

I haven't had time to post a detailed comment but let me tell you that the most fun I've had in my studio to date has been using the Yamaha Motif ES 8 with it's mLan16e Firewire interface as a control surface/MIDI controller/audio interface with Reason 2.5. What a blast! Can't wait for Reason 3.0 to go with this setup! The Motif ES 8 is a mega-monster of a controller/interface for Reason, and I'm working with setups that combine the Motif's sounds with Reason. I may go to a dual-monitor setup just for this purpose. :cool:

everything but the sy77. it was borrowed.

7.jpg

studio and/or live rig. it's the same for me.

the organ rig i used for the bar gigs last year was the Hammond and Leslie with the Liberation, MS2000R on a music stand, and a looping rack with the eventide, lexicon, and line6 processors.

My live equipment included on the last concert:

18_EL-KA.jpg

Waldorf Q 32 voice

Waldorf Q 16 voice

Roland M-VS1 (used for Mellotron sounds only)

Schrittmacher Step Sequencer

Music is available here:

http://hajo.qwave.de

Whaaat ?

Till, you mean to tell us you're not carrying your WAVE to concerts ?!? you're keeping it at home, for no one to see or touch with their "filthy" hands, yes?? :D :D

;)

clusterchord,

if you help me carrying a WAVE and get me a car where a WAVE fits in, I will take it with me. Promised!

Even a Volkswagen Rabbit or Passat is to small for a WAVE. BTW: I am driving a Smart car only to afford all those "little" toy.

But Boele Gerkes (SCD) played my WAVE life (together with my Minimoog) in a great concert. His first. And no other concert since then. If you listen to his music, you will know why he deserved a WAVE to play on stage. He got my "spare-part" WAVE right now.