THE BASSMEN - fender bassman players

echodeluxe

• Members

i'm starting a group called "the bassmen"

its players who are proud to say their main amp is a fender bassman.

if you want in, post a pic of your bassman and add this to your sig:

The Bassmen - Proud Fender Bassman Players

lets see em!!!

1972 bassman ten

bassman008.jpg

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bet a squire would sound good through a bassman! LOL Im only joking because I am jealous of your amps!

dk

funny thing is, my squier jagmaster sounds awesome through my bassman! so, in trying to be a little jokester, you actually spoke some truth. well done, sir.

annnnnd go get a bassman. you can find some awesome 70's ones for pretty nice prices because they arent super sought after, even though they have the bassman tone in spades.

• Members

Here is my '68 Fender Bassman head and '62 Bandmaster cab (recovered before I got it, I just changed the grill cloth from Black) Its not my main amp, not even sure I have a main amp at the moment, but its a great amp. I can't believe how cheap these amps still are. Its my backup bass amp as well.

I am really enjoying the Line 6 verbzilla for some reverb with this bassman, it adds alot. Not as good as a fender reverb unit, but still pretty nice.

FenderBassman_03.jpg

• Members

I have a 1964 pre cbs black face bassman head, as well as a broken 1968 silver face bassman head.

They aren't my main amps for most things, but I do use the 1964 a fair amount for certain things.

I'll post some pics soon.

sweet. whats wrong with the 68? are you getting her fixed?

• Members

sweet. whats wrong with the 68? are you getting her fixed?

No idea what's wrong with it, sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes there are huge volume drops (No, it's not the tubes). I'm going to take it in to be fixed soon though.

Anyhow...

fender_bassman-ab165.JPG

fender_bassman-aa864.jpg

Sorry about the pic size. The 64 is incredible, more so when cranked :love:

• Members

No idea what's wrong with it, sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes there are huge volume drops (No, it's not the tubes). I'm going to take it in to be fixed soon though.

Anyhow...

fender_bassman-ab165.JPG

fender_bassman-aa864.jpg

Sorry about the pic size. The 64 is incredible, more so when cranked
:love:

looks great. yeah nothing beats a bassman cranked. even though its a silverface, my 72 is just amazing cranked. its unreal.

Archived