OT: Good riddance Alberto Gonzales

rememberduane

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The rats are fleeing the sinking ship - how many more scapegoats do they have left? They are leaving office before they are taken out of office in {censored}ing handcuffs. Cheaters.

Are they trying to save face for the 2008 elections? If they get rid of the all the controversial folks, maybe the people will forget about them come November 08? Seems like they have to do this if they want a chance to win the presidency.

Oh, BTW, I agree with you. Handcuffs for all!

• Members

That was the opening story on yahoo this morning when I first got online, and knew this post was coming
:D

Same.. I saw it when I logged in to read my mail...It didnt take me long to find a thread on it here as I knew there would be one.. LOL

YES... He deserved to get fired.....Thats what you get for doing your parties dirty work...Thrown to the wolfs when the {censored} hits the fan.

Is it me or does the administration seem to be getting rid of people that are too controversial as of late....Didnt Rove resign here recently too..In a phrase... DAMAGE CONTROL:)

• Members

YES... He deserved to get fired.....Thats what you get for doing your parties dirty work...Thrown to the wolfs when the {censored} hits the fan.

DAMAGE CONTROL:)

You have to have the moral balls to stand up and say no when you are asked to do something like that. People in my line of work failed to do so and you have Enron as a result. Even if it means losing your job... As a lawyer he has a code of ethics.

• Members

While I agree the guy is worthless as an AG (no balls), there was nothing wrong done in the firings of the AUSA's.

Agreed. If he did something wrong, it would be all over the press, instead, they they just give their own "opinions".

Truth is that since that {censored} Pelosi has been speaker of the house, the approval ratings have fallen... yet you dont hear the Democrats talk about that :rolleyes: ...they will make up some more BS to get the attention off the them and onto the Republicans.

• Members

Truth is that since that {censored} Pelosi has been speaker of the house, the approval ratings have fallen

She has more class in her 'cu!t" than you have in your entire body. The evidence is in your post lol. Right wing nuts have had their days in the sun under Bush and {censored}ed it up all to hell. Just do everyone a favor and go back to your barstool where u belong and leave politics to the adults. :wave:

• Members

Agreed. If he did something wrong, it would be all over the press, instead, they they just give their own "opinions".

Truth is that since that {censored} Pelosi has been speaker of the house, the approval ratings have fallen... yet you dont hear the Democrats talk about that
:rolleyes:
...they will make up some more BS to get the attention off the them and onto the Republicans.

Quit watching Fox News and maybe you'll find out that ol' Al DID do a LOT of stuff that was wrong...some of it illegal, all of it certainly unethical. Did you watch his several hour long testimony in front of the Judiciary Commitee? That alone gave away a lot of what is/was going on.

As far as the Dems, it's true they haven't been all sunshine and rainbows either, and they certainly need to step it up.

• Members

So it's legal to fire anyone in the executive branch due to political differences? You do realize that that amounts to party nepotism, right?

So, it's ok that in 1993, Bill Clinton fired 93 AUSA's, and not a peep was heard? The AUSA's "serve at the pleasure of the President". That means he can fire them cause he doesn't like the color of their socks. Or their ties, for that matter.

• Members

Since when is it ILLEGAL to fire someone? And can u do it if u dont like thier politics/stances? I mean you hired them for a reason, cant you fire them? Im NOT being a wise ass but where is this entitlement bull{censored} i hear from some people? :confused:

See how many of these people were fired? - did the media make as much noise back then? :o

http://blog.thevanguard.org/363/clintons-1993-purge-of-us-attorneys/

PS - Its VERY common for cabinet members to NOT serve through the 2nd full term, for both Dems + Reps leave and do other things such as serve in the private sector, etc..

:idea:

• Members

Did the Clinton Justice Department have the Patriot Act rewritten to allow the appointment of new US Attorneys without Senate approval?

No, he was too busy getting his dick sucked by Monica Lewinsky to worry about stupid {censored} like protecting the country. ;)

Archived