Official UFC 76 Thread

Chrisjd

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mauricio Rua (Pictures) vs. Forrest Griffin (Pictures)
Round 1
Rua swings with an overhand right before dropping levels for a single-leg. Forrest stuffed it and punched the Brazilian as he turtled up to avoid punishment. Forrest, after letting Rua back to his feet, was quickly taken down with a single-leg takedown. Forrest works to his feet and cracks Rua before getting a takedown of his own. Forrest again let Rua up. A left hand to the chin buckled Rua's legs. "Shogun" was able to pick up another takedown before the end of the round. 10-9 for Griffin.

Round 2
Rua, now sporting a large knot on the left side of his forehead, came out swinging and got hit with a body shot before tackling Griffin. Rua opened up a cut above Griffin's right eye with an elbow from guard. Now back on their feet, Rua looked fatigued as he breathed with his mouth open. Griffin drug Rua to the canvas and delivered some right hands from half-guard, while the Brazilian elbowed from the bottom. Griffin moved to the crucifix position and punished Rua for the final 45 seconds of the round. 10-9 for Griffin.

Round 3
Rua rushed out and got a takedown to start the final period. The Brazilian offers little except a few elbows. Griffin then sunk a deep omaplata that rolled Rua over. From the top, Griffin peppered "Shogun" with lefts and rights. The controlling "TUF" champion dominated from the top and back with punches before sinking his arm under Rua's chin. Rua tapped due to a rear-naked choke at 4:45 of the third.

thats my boy, thats my boy, forest griffin ladies and gentlemen

• Members
Mauricio Rua (Pictures) vs. Forrest Griffin (Pictures)

Round 1

Rua swings with an overhand right before dropping levels for a single-leg. Forrest stuffed it and punched the Brazilian as he turtled up to avoid punishment. Forrest, after letting Rua back to his feet, was quickly taken down with a single-leg takedown. Forrest works to his feet and cracks Rua before getting a takedown of his own. Forrest again let Rua up. A left hand to the chin buckled Rua's legs. "Shogun" was able to pick up another takedown before the end of the round. 10-9 for Griffin.

Round 2

Rua, now sporting a large knot on the left side of his forehead, came out swinging and got hit with a body shot before tackling Griffin. Rua opened up a cut above Griffin's right eye with an elbow from guard. Now back on their feet, Rua looked fatigued as he breathed with his mouth open. Griffin drug Rua to the canvas and delivered some right hands from half-guard, while the Brazilian elbowed from the bottom. Griffin moved to the crucifix position and punished Rua for the final 45 seconds of the round. 10-9 for Griffin.

Round 3

Rua rushed out and got a takedown to start the final period. The Brazilian offers little except a few elbows. Griffin then sunk a deep omaplata that rolled Rua over. From the top, Griffin peppered "Shogun" with lefts and rights. The controlling "TUF" champion dominated from the top and back with punches before sinking his arm under Rua's chin. Rua tapped due to a rear-naked choke at 4:45 of the third.

thats my boy, thats my boy, forest griffin ladies and gentlemen

HOLY CRAP!!!!! Thank you for that! :thu:

• Members

yeah, he got lucky...won every round and submitted the BJJ black belt/#1 ranked LHW in the world

that aint luck

Thats not the context i meant it in . I meant tuff luck for chuck and shogun . Im a fan of both Forrest and Shogun .Im proud of what Forrest did. I feel sorry for Shogun and Chuck needs a new training camp.Im gonna start betting with randy . I called every fight except the upsets

• Members

year of upsets I tell ya! Shogun losing to Griffin is just too much. My brain about imploded when I read the news on sherdog.

Imagine this happening to Fedor. If it should happen that Fedor loses in his octagon debut(big IF there), the world would turn upside down and Canada would be the world power.

edit: just watched the Liddell/Jardine fight. Big props to Jardine, he {censored}ing controlled Chuck and devastated him with those low kicks. Chuck still hasn't learned his lesson from the Rampage lost, he still keeps his hands too low even when exchanging blows with his opponent. Houston Alexander will still maul any of them.

Shogun didn't seem to have that "chute box" cardio tonight. He was really gassed out and didn't seem ready for Griffin's overwhelming strength. I'm just so dumb founded by all the recent upsets. They should go to Japan to fight in the ring, just to see if there will be a huge difference. I think that's the MAJOR disadvantage to all the PRIDE fighters. Fedor, come and show the UFC what PRIDE fighters are really made of!

Archived