Official UFC 76 Thread

Chrisjd

• Members

lol you basically laid out the UFC blueprint there. It's like black and white, the differences between Japanese and American production. It's like when they tried to Americanize Iron Chef lol it was horrible. PRIDE was just so {censored}ing EPIC. I'm no PRIDE nuthugger by any means, but really, EVERY UFC is practically the same. Nothing special about the whole event you know? Always the same highlight reels of the fighters, always the same "I'm going to do this and that to him" clips.

I'm also tired of seeing Jenna Jamison w/ Tito's big head next to her, or Michael Clark Duncan putting his fist up like he's a fighter. But then again, mainstream tv is dominated by hollywood and its dramas. What do we expect though coming from a guy that uses the f bomb in every other sentence?

exactly. And Tapouts slogan kinda sums up the american style the "arrogant loud, and in ya face" thing. And like i said, it works, The marketing is pure genious to 99% of the ufc fans. But for the rest of us, we expect a higher level of class, production, and respect. And, pride gave it to us.

For christs sake, they had a symphony to do the intro song, live.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
exactly. And Tapouts slogan kinda sums up the american style the "arrogant loud, and in ya face" thing. And like i said, it works, The marketing is pure genious to 99% of the ufc fans. But for the rest of us, we expect a higher level of class, production, and respect. And, pride gave it to us.

That's it I'm {censored}ing moving to Japan!

wait Pride's dead.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

• Members
Is Chuck Lidell the new Tank Abbot?

:lol::idea:

You mean a guy with sweet facial hair, who cant work ground game, and has terrible standing technique? Not to mention all he does now is party?

That being said, i cant tell which person it applies too. Tank, or chuck, because it could work with both. UH OH.:D

• Members
You mean a guy with sweet facial hair, who cant work ground game, and has terrible standing technique? Not to mention all he does now is party?

That being said, i cant tell which person it applies too. Tank, or chuck, because it could work with both. UH OH.
:D

Not only that, but look at the other similarites...

Both held the Western Kentucky TrailerPark Brawler Heavyweight Title...

Both look like a Jerry Springer guest when wearing a wife beater...

Both consider getting into barfights as "training"...

Both consider Pabst Blue Ribbon the king of beers...

And neither one could submit my grandmother...

:D:lol::D

• Members
Not only that, but look at the other similarites...

Both held the Western Kentucky TrailerPark Brawler Heavyweight Title...

Both look like a Jerry Springer guest when wearing a wife beater...

Both consider Pabst Blue Ribbon the king of beers...

And neither one could submit my grandmother...

:lol:

hahahahaha i never really thought of chuck and tanks resemblance til now.

in mma theyre has been waves of evolution. Tank was good back in the day because it was just barroom brawling. then people started using takedowns, etc = tank no longer good. Then comes chuck, who is a barroom brawler that has a good sprawl. then people get smarter = chuck MIGHT not be any good.

only time will tell.

• Members

+1. I always felt a higher sense of excitement with pride events, the fights were higher quality, more action packed thanks somewhat to the rules(kneestoGOstomps), and the fighters being a lot more diverse. The refs didnt stop the fight when someone got punched in the face(Big John M, supposed best ref in the business), the refs didnt hesitate to stand up the fighters just groping themselves on the ground or procrastinating (let us remember those dreaded yellow cards ;)). Even the color commentators were funny and exciting. It was more about the fighting, not as much advertising. I especially miss laughing at that super screaming wench that called out the fighters (oh and Megapunk:lol:). OK im done for now :mad:

• Members
+1. I always felt a higher sense of excitement with pride events, the fights were higher quality, more action packed thanks somewhat to the rules(kneestoGOstomps), and the fighters being a lot more diverse. The refs didnt stop the fight when someone got punched in the face(Big John M, supposed best ref in the business), the refs didnt hesitate to stand up the fighters just groping themselves on the ground or procrastinating (let us remember those dreaded yellow cards
;)
). Even the color commentators were funny and exciting. It was more about the fighting, not as much advertising. I especially miss laughing at that super screaming wench that called out the fighters (oh and Megapunk:lol:). OK im done for now
:mad:

Yuji shamata (sp?) is the best ref ever. Long time pride and k-1 ref. big john is just an icon, not a good ref. And steve mazzagatti, also worthless.

Not to mention in pride the judges knew what was going on, understood the moves, the positions. Understood just because a guy was on top in the guard, doesnt mean he was dominant (since the guard is a neutral position)

In ufc we have boxing judges judging mma. which is like ice skating judges judging a dance competition. Although theyre kinda in the same vane, theyre still worlds apart.

And the advertising kills me in the ufc. Everything is brought to you by mickes, the premium malt liquor, or by xience, or by {censored}in tapout, or whatever.:mad:

the screaming girl owns my face. i love her. And shes a redheaded white girl, really weird.

• Members

Do u guys think that Houston Alexander would whoop Jardines ass again, or was that a fluke win for Houston? Jardine took some hard shots from Chuck and didnt go down so who knows if it was a fluke win. I would love to see Alexander fight Wanderlei in December...holy {censored} that would be a slugfest...how many knees and bombs would be thrown?

• Members

Do u guys think that Houston Alexander would whoop Jardines ass again, or was that a fluke win for Houston? Jardine took some hard shots from Chuck and didnt go down so who knows if it was a fluke win. I would love to see Alexander fight Wanderlei in December...holy {censored} that would be a slugfest...how many knees and bombs would be thrown?

i think he get pounded on the feet by Houston again. Jardine's striking is so sloppy. Didnt look like a fluke to me...i called every fight on that card:)

• Members

I wanna see Liddell fight Houston Alexander.

Honestly i dont ever want to see Chuck fight again....im sorry but i think he is finished. His psyche, spirit, body all seem broken. He is not a good fighter he just has dynamite in his hands and a great sprawl. I would not be suprised if he rtook off for at least a year to get himself back together. Lets hope he finds a new camp that will actually prepare him for a fight.

• Members

Honestly i dont ever want to see Chuck fight again....im sorry but i think he is finished. His psyche, spirit, body all seem broken. He is not a good fighter he just has dynamite in his hands and a great sprawl. I would not be suprised if he rtook off for at least a year to get himself back together. Lets hope he finds a new camp that will actually prepare him for a fight.

Good points made. Is it just me, or does chuck look out of shape compared to the competition? He has a pouch on his lower abdomen.

• Members

I think he's just "made" weird. If you look you can visibly see a six-pack on his abs when he flexes. So, he's probably in the 10%-12% bodyfat range--not too shabby. I think his mental game is in question. If you noticed on the PPV, Rogan was talking about him living the "rock-n-roll lifestyle," which is not conducive to MMA. There is a video floating around where he's doing an interview on some morning show and he's TOTALLy high.....sad really :cry:

• Members
I think he's just "made" weird. If you look you can visibly see a six-pack on his abs when he flexes. So, he's probably in the 10%-12% bodyfat range--not too shabby. I think his mental game is in question. If you noticed on the PPV, Rogan was talking about him living the "rock-n-roll lifestyle," which is not conducive to MMA. There is a video floating around where he's doing an interview on some morning show and he's TOTALLy high.....sad really
:cry:

no he wasnt high he was hoped up on nyquil cuz he had the flu and still did the morning show after getting no sleep cuz he was so sick. Dont blame him, blame his managers for letting him do that morning show. I love when the interviewer asks him if hes ok as hes snoozing on camera...that was priceless.

• Members

no he wasnt high he was hoped up on nyquil cuz he had the flu and still did the morning show after getting no sleep cuz he was so sick. Dont blame him, blame his managers for letting him do that morning show. I love when the interviewer asks him if hes ok as hes snoozing on camera...that was priceless.

That was pretty damn funny.

Archived