Official UFC 76 Thread

Chrisjd

• Members

wow....{censored}ing Forrest is the man. That was a great fight and in the middle of the second round i knew it was Forrest's figjht when Shogun was being lackadaisical with his hands by his side. Every fight was great except for the Nakamura fight.....wtf was he thuinking? Nak looked terrible out there, machida mauled him. Ryoto is a strange fighter but very effective, he is for real and i think he could give Rampage serious problems. {censored}ing tyson Griffin is a magician. The way he backdoor'd his way out of every one of thiago's submission attempts was amazing. wow i thought he was done for but he just found a way to win. Awesome fight, one of the best fights i have ever seen. God chuck is really done guys! He is not even one dimensional anymore, its like his camp sends him out there without ANY gameplan. dont blame chuck for that loss, he just goes out there and slugs, thats his game. Blame his stupid {censored}ing team/coaches for this one. No preperation, no gameplan....its a {censored}ing joke. I knew this was going to happen. If they were smart and watched tape on Jardine they would ahve seen that he loves to throw that leg kick, watch the Jardine/Bonner fight or the Keryy Shcall fight where he did the exact same thing. If chuck really wants to fight and win again, he needs to dump hackelman and join a real camp. He has to see now that he was totally outclassed in 2 consecutive fights. Well, im not sure Jardine outclassed him, he just landed more shots. That was a total slopfest, but Jardine can bang no doubt. They should give him a rematch with Alexander and we'll see how good both of them really are. Poor Wanderlei, there goes his payday! This night belonged to Forrest, i am so happy for that guy...he is a {censored}ing true warrior.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
man, i told you guys Shogun better bring his A game.....he didn't. tsk tsk tsk.

maybe its a Vitamin S deficiency:freak:

This is emelianenko speaking from the afterlife because I committed suicide last night via telephone cord+ceiling fan.

But im beginning to think the same thing. And i might be the biggest chute boxe nutsack swinger alive.

Shogun gas? i thought it was impossible, apparently not. Especially without the aid of "vitamin s."

You know i didnt think itd matter, since shogun has had great success in america twice, but when i look back, both his fights in america were quick wins, definately not 3 round battles.

It appears that shogun knew he was gonna lose that fight via decision so he just flat out gave up, and gave up the rear naked choke to save face. Since IMO the easiest submission to stuff, escape and reverse is the rear naked.:cry:

Well, time to goto my funeral.

• Members
This is emelianenko speaking from the afterlife because I committed suicide last night via telephone cord+ceiling fan.

But im beginning to think the same thing. And i might be the biggest chute boxe nutsack swinger alive.

Shogun gas? i thought it was impossible, apparently not. Especially without the aid of "vitamin s."

You know i didnt think itd matter, since shogun has had great success in america twice, but when i look back, both his fights in america were quick wins, definately not 3 round battles.

It appears that shogun knew he was gonna lose that fight via decision so he just flat out gave up, and gave up the rear naked choke to save face. Since IMO the easiest submission to stuff, escape and reverse is the rear naked.
:cry:

Well, time to goto my funeral.

Hey bro i think i remember u saying that U train at the same gym as Kos, have u ever trained with Fitch too? I thought he looked pretty good last night, but that fight could have went either way cuz Diego did attempt a lot of subs on him. I too was very dissapointed that Shogun gave up, he wanted Forest to end the fight...that was weak. He must feel humiliated today, but he will be back, he is way too talented to not come back from this. Shogun will tear it up again, i have no doubt. How do u think Wandy will fare now? Damn did he look old or what when they showed his face. Id like to see him fight either Jardine or Forrest and winner fights Rampage if Rampage still has title in Feb or March 08.

• Members

Hey bro i think i remember u saying that U train at the same gym as Kos, have u ever trained with Fitch too? I thought he looked pretty good last night, but that fight could have went either way cuz Diego did attempt a lot of subs on him. I too was very dissapointed that Shogun gave up, he wanted Forest to end the fight...that was weak. He must feel humiliated today, but he will be back, he is way too talented to not come back from this. Shogun will tear it up again, i have no doubt. How do u think Wandy will fare now? Damn did he look old or what when they showed his face. Id like to see him fight either Jardine or Forrest and winner fights Rampage if Rampage still has title in Feb or March 08.

Kos isnt at the sister gym as much as he used to be (where im at) if i remember correctly he moved full time from fresno to san jose to be at the mother gym AKA. Fitch is always at AKA, so ive never seen him.

Yeah, shogun just kinda gave up, instead of being humuliated in a decision, he just said {censored} it, take the submission loss, go home.

Other than the thought of steroids coming into my head, The top pride fighters really need to go directly for title shots. I get the feeling that these pride guys make the transition, get (what they feel) put in the cage with b level fighters instead of title shots, or the top contenders like they should be placed with. From there the pride guys take it as a slap to the face, become unfocused, and underestimate. Resulting in losses.

But dont get me wrong, i think the testing in america definately has something to do with it.

How will wand fare? Everyone knows his game, and the style is a little different in america than it was in japan. This isnt a cutdown, or a slap to any of the american fighters face, but it seems in japan and overseas the fighters had so much pride (no pun intended) that they would try to beat the fighters they fought with in theyre own game. For instance:

Fedor vs. crocop. We all know fedor is a great ground guy, with above average standing skill. At the time crocop was phenomonal standing. Fedor didnt try to goto the ground, he stood with him. Beat him at his own game.

Mark hunt vs. wanderlei. Mark hunt has never been knocked out, and had 50+ pounds on wand. Mark has no ground game, but did wand take it to the ground? No, he stood with him. Again, beat him at his own game.

Whereas in america, to me anyways, a lot of fighters would opt to take the easy road out, and instead of challenging themselves as fighter, just do whats easy. Anyone who fights wand will take him down, drop elbows, and win. Simple. None of these american fighters are gonna stand with him, whereas overseas, theyd stand, they didnt care. And to me, thats what made the overseas fighters a lot better to watch. They would challenge themselves as fighters.

Wand is {censored}ed in an octagon and elbows from the guard. And not only {censored}ed, but supremely {censored}ed without stomps, and kicks either.

• Members

and Fedor wrestled Lindland haha

i dont know...I have the feeling they are taking {censored} lightly...when you have #1 ranked fighter who is forced to fight a top 20 TUF noob...it happens. He should have known better...but he came slow and out of shape. Forrest came in to fight the fight of his life. Thats the difference.

Hendo came into the octagon with what he needed, he just got beat. Page got {censored} done, obviously, and he was juicing before. who knows:confused:

The best reason why i had Shogun winning was because he is on a killer win streak, and has the confidence to just throw down and let loose. Turns out, that was the reason why he lost...overconfidence i guess

• Members

and Fedor wrestled Lindland haha

i dont know...I have the feeling they are taking {censored} lightly...when you have #1 ranked fighter who is forced to fight a top 20 TUF noob...it happens. He should have known better...but he came slow and out of shape. Forrest came in to fight the fight of his life. Thats the difference.

Hendo came into the octagon with what he needed, he just got beat. Page got {censored} done, obviously, and he was juicing before. who knows:confused:

The best reason why i had Shogun winning was because he is on a killer win streak, and has the confidence to just throw down and let loose. Turns out, that was the reason why he lost...overconfidence i guess

Pretty good reasoning. I like seeing Sherdog up in a roar but think it's lame for all the TUF fans to start knocking all the Pride fighters, as well. I think Shogun will do fine if he just works more on his cardio next time. IMO CC needs to work a good bit more on his ground game and strikes from his right side as well as drop down to 205, where I feel he'd do a lot better.

• Members
Pretty good reasoning. I like seeing Sherdog up in a roar but think it's lame for all the TUF fans to start knocking all the Pride fighters, as well. I think Shogun will do fine if he just works more on his cardio next time. IMO CC needs to work a good bit more on his ground game and strikes from his right side as well as drop down to 205, where I feel he'd do a lot better.

Agreed. As for crocop, hes done. mentally, done. Look at him now compared to his earlier years, and im not talking physically, im talkin look into his eyes.

Not to mention during the kongo fight when he got that break after the nut hit he said to big john "im too old for this {censored}, maybe i should just {censored}ing quit" gives us a pretty good look into where he is mentally.:cry:

:cry::cry::cry:

• Members

Kos isnt at the sister gym as much as he used to be (where im at) if i remember correctly he moved full time from fresno to san jose to be at the mother gym AKA. Fitch is always at AKA, so ive never seen him.

Yeah, shogun just kinda gave up, instead of being humuliated in a decision, he just said {censored} it, take the submission loss, go home.

Other than the thought of steroids coming into my head, The top pride fighters really need to go directly for title shots. I get the feeling that these pride guys make the transition, get (what they feel) put in the cage with b level fighters instead of title shots, or the top contenders like they should be placed with. From there the pride guys take it as a slap to the face, become unfocused, and underestimate. Resulting in losses.

But dont get me wrong, i think the testing in america definately has something to do with it.

How will wand fare? Everyone knows his game, and the style is a little different in america than it was in japan. This isnt a cutdown, or a slap to any of the american fighters face, but it seems in japan and overseas the fighters had so much pride (no pun intended) that they would try to beat the fighters they fought with in theyre own game. For instance:

Fedor vs. crocop. We all know fedor is a great ground guy, with above average standing skill. At the time crocop was phenomonal standing. Fedor didnt try to goto the ground, he stood with him. Beat him at his own game.

Mark hunt vs. wanderlei. Mark hunt has never been knocked out, and had 50+ pounds on wand. Mark has no ground game, but did wand take it to the ground? No, he stood with him. Again, beat him at his own game.

Whereas in america, to me anyways, a lot of fighters would opt to take the easy road out, and instead of challenging themselves as fighter, just do whats easy. Anyone who fights wand will take him down, drop elbows, and win. Simple. None of these american fighters are gonna stand with him, whereas overseas, theyd stand, they didnt care. And to me, thats what made the overseas fighters a lot better to watch. They would challenge themselves as fighters.

Wand is {censored}ed in an octagon and elbows from the guard. And not only {censored}ed, but supremely {censored}ed without stomps, and kicks either.

I get where you're coming from. The PRIDE fights had an aura to them. But I think a lot of it is due to the huge Japanese crowds, too. But on the contrary, there is not "easy road out", everyone goes into a ring/octagon to win a fight. The fighters that dominate fights go in there with a good gameplan, you wouldn't say that's the easy way out though right? I seriously think Randy can beat Fedor if it would be Fedor's first fight in the octagon. All I have to say is mmath should be thrown out the window now.

{censored} it, Fedya needs to come and destroy the UFC hw division while at the same time I'll play my redbear to inflict more Russian damage.

• Members
Agreed. As for crocop, hes done. mentally, done. Look at him now compared to his earlier years, and im not talking physically, im talkin look into his eyes.

Not to mention during the kongo fight when he got that break after the nut hit he said to big john "im too old for this {censored}, maybe i should just {censored}ing quit" gives us a pretty good look into where he is mentally.

I know what you mean. I just hope something changes for him or that he just retires altogether rather than just come out not wanting to win. :(

• Members

challenge themselves as fighters? how about challenging yourself to close the gaps in your weekness' vs strengths?

I think you are just confusing "easy" with "Smart" fighting.

• Members
Fedor also went into the guard of nogueira countless times
:thu:

Rampage, a great wrestler, and slammer, and at the time, subpar striker stood with wand and shogun:)

Just sayin, but you understand where i was comin from. and, shogun never really takes anything lightly, thats why my ONLY reasoning for his performance is the juice. who knows though. He came out lookin slow. Like after the first minute, he was toast, really weird. Plus maybe him and wand's relationship maybe got to him? Wand wasnt in his corner, like usual.

Not to mention during the kongo fight when he got that break after the nut hit he said to big john "im too old for this {censored}, maybe i should just {censored}ing quit" gives us a pretty good look into where he is mentally.

dude I just read that right now and it is pretty {censored}ing sad.:cry: To see someone we idolized just slowly deteriorate like that. I know why Shogun lost though, it's because he wasn't wearing his real undy-trunks, he was wearing those damn TUF shorts.

I really wonder what's next for CC. He should take time off until next year.

• Members
me either i wanted to order this one but I couldn't find someone whos house i could watch it at since i don't have cable.

Man, that sucks. I wouldn't have been able to see it except for working at a major satellite company where I got to see it for free (the second one I've been able to catch like that this year :D). I'll keep an eye out for for anything, but usually if something's going to show it'll show up almost immediately.

• Members
dude I just read that right now and it is pretty {censored}ing sad.
To see someone we idolized just slowly deteriorate like that. I know why Shogun lost though, it's because he wasn't wearing his real undy-trunks, he was wearing those damn TUF shorts.

I really wonder what's next for CC. He should take time off until next year.

hahahaha, i have a few pairs of those undy tights. and its all i train in (unless im in gi) the chute boxe team stretchy pants and pretty sweet though, i dig mine :thu:

Next for cc? If it was me, feed him douches for his remaining fights, let him murder some people, and retire. Unless he gets a second wind for fighting again. Honestly, i see it more than anything is cro cop doesnt wanna be in the ufc. He hates the fans, he hates the production- the heavy metal music, the dip{censored} half naked bimbo ring girls, the weak movie stars and rappers in the crowd, everything. Hes an honorable man, that, in my opinion loved the warrior esque, respectful japanese fan, and crowd base.

Hes just not into the xyience thing, mickeys replay, or this fight brought to you by the new movie 300 type of thing. It waters down the sport, and fight imo.:cry::cry:

• Members
Like i said, its not like im knocking the american style, it works, whatever. you know? its just not as entertaining, to me. If randy does what randy does, then yeah. push someone against a cage, cover theyre mouth, and dirty box them for 5 rounds, then yeah.

hahahaha, i have a few pairs of those undy tights. and its all i train in (unless im in gi) the chute boxe team stretchy pants and pretty sweet though, i dig mine
:thu:

Next for cc? If it was me, feed him douches for his remaining fights, let him murder some people, and retire. Unless he gets a second wind for fighting again. Honestly, i see it more than anything is cro cop doesnt wanna be in the ufc. He hates the fans, he hates the production- the heavy metal music, the dip{censored} half naked bimbo ring girls, the weak movie stars and rappers in the crowd, everything. Hes an honorable man, that, in my opinion loved the warrior esque, respectful japanese fan, and crowd base.

Hes just not into the xyience thing, mickeys replay, or this fight brought to you by the new movie 300 type of thing. It waters down the sport, and fight imo.

lol you basically laid out the UFC blueprint there. It's like black and white, the differences between Japanese and American production. It's like when they tried to Americanize Iron Chef lol it was horrible. PRIDE was just so {censored}ing EPIC. I'm no PRIDE nuthugger by any means, but really, EVERY UFC is practically the same. Nothing special about the whole event you know? Always the same highlight reels of the fighters, always the same "I'm going to do this and that to him" clips.

I'm also tired of seeing Jenna Jamison w/ Tito's big head next to her, or Michael Clark Duncan putting his fist up like he's a fighter. But then again, mainstream tv is dominated by hollywood and its dramas. What do we expect though coming from a guy that uses the f bomb in every other sentence?

Archived