Official UFC 76 Thread

Chrisjd

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

-Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#1 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Forrest Griffin

After watching a little training clip of Forest on UFC.com, his standup looks reeeeal sharp. for serious. Shogun better bring his A game. The thing is, Shogun is the {censored}, and Shogun KNOWS hes the {censored}, and WILL bring his A game. so:thu:

-Chuck Liddell (#3 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Keith Jardine

jardine aint got {censored} for chuck. What it takes to beat chuck is a good striker....not the {censored}in Dean of Mean :rolleyes:

-Diego Sanchez (#6 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Jon Fitch (#7 Welterweight in the World)*

Good fight. who knows

-Kazuhiro Nakamura (#10 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Lyoto Machida

Machida via boring decision

-Tyson Griffin vs. Thiago Tavares

Im gunna go with Griffin

• Members

After watching a little training clip of Forest on UFC.com, his standup looks reeeeal sharp. for serious. Shogun better bring his A game. The thing is, Shogun is the {censored}, and Shogun KNOWS hes the {censored}, and WILL bring his A game. so:thu:

jardine aint got {censored} for chuck. What it takes to beat chuck is a good striker....not the {censored}in Dean of Mean
:rolleyes:

-Diego Sanchez (#6 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Jon Fitch (#7 Welterweight in the World)*

Good fight. who knows

Im gunna go with Griffin

I agree about Shogun and Griffin. Shogun now has to fight by the rules of the Octagon, gonna be a disadvantage.

• Members

jardine aint got {censored} for chuck. What it takes to beat chuck is a good striker....not the {censored}in Dean of Mean
:rolleyes:

Good fight. who knows

Im gunna go with Griffin

+1

I also think that Fitch wins the fight, but only if he finishes. If it goes to decision, UFC is going to make it in favor of Sanchez.

• Members

I agree about Shogun and Griffin. Shogun now has to fight by the rules of the Octagon, gonna be a disadvantage.

i dont know, out of all the pride guys, shogun has had great success in america under the american (ufc) rules. If anyone is gonna be able to make a great transition besides fedor, its shogun.

and if shogun loses, i will murder myself. Rickson by armbar.

• Members

i dont know, out of all the pride guys, shogun has had great success in america under the american (ufc) rules. If anyone is gonna be able to make a great transition besides fedor, its shogun.

and if shogun loses, i will murder myself. Rickson by armbar.

I was hoping I'd see this thread heh. lol @ Rickson by armbar.

I agree with you, Shogun has experience in the cage but I'm just worried because of all the upsets this year. I admit though, I hate watching Forrest fight, he's just...well boring. He has mediocre stand up and mediocre ground skills. I hope Rua wins by brutal unnameable kick.

About Chuck vs Jardine, I think Chuck will win via tko. I see the Dean of mean stepping toe to toe with Chuck and exchanging blows but with the Iceman getting landing the best of them, sending Keith to the ground. Then we see Rampage howling in the stands. Then we also see Fedor acting like he's looking at his watch but really he's giving a thumbs down to Chuck's performance. Then we see Wandy going into the octagon announcing he wants to {censored} Chuck again. Then Fedor gets a boner and the whole place explodes. The end.

• Members

guys i hate to say it but chuck is done......hes getting beat. I never liked him in the first place i always thought he was overrated. He is so one dimensional, everybody talks about his sprawl i have yet to see him use it. couture was probably so emaciated at 205 from cutting all that wieght that he lost all of his strentgh thats why chuck killed him those two times. If they fought now Randy would maul him. Jardine can fight. He may not have Shoguns skillset but he can throw down. Do not be suprised to see jardine win. I would like to see Chuck use some sort of ground game instead of throwing that {censored}ing right off his back foot. I say Jardine takes this one, just my gut talking. i think Shogun takes forrest in an all out war. Forrest will not go down quietly. Lyoto over Nakamura, although this will be the closest fight of the night. Nak is a stud, but Lyoto is just amazing, he always finds a way to win, even though he looked like crap against hogar and Heath who are 2 B rated fighters. Some guys just know how to win and hes one of those guys. i agree withe evrybody else that Fitch takes it over diego. But hey dont go with my picks because i got every single one of them wrong at ufc 75....I was the asshole that told u guys that Sakara was going to kill alexander!

• Members
guys i hate to say it but chuck is done......hes getting beat. I never liked him in the first place i always thought he was overrated. He is so one dimensional, everybody talks about his sprawl i have yet to see him use it. couture was probably so emaciated at 205 from cutting all that wieght that he lost all of his strentgh thats why chuck killed him those two times. If they fought now Randy would maul him. Jardine can fight. He may not have Shoguns skillset but he can throw down. Do not be suprised to see jardine win. I would like to see Chuck use some sort of ground game instead of throwing that {censored}ing right off his back foot. I say Jardine takes this one, just my gut talking. i think Shogun takes forrest in an all out war. Forrest will not go down quietly. Lyoto over Nakamura, although this will be the closest fight of the night. Nak is a stud, but Lyoto is just amazing, he always finds a way to win, even though he looked like crap against hogar and Heath who are 2 B rated fighters. Some guys just know how to win and hes one of those guys. i agree withe evrybody else that Fitch takes it over diego. But hey dont go with my picks because i got every single one of them wrong at ufc 75....I was the asshole that told u guys that Sakara was going to kill alexander!

Chuck is done:freak: He lost one fight to Rampage, and hes done:bor:
Chuck a D1 wrestler...his sprawl is good.
Randy weighs in at under 130 in his HW fights...he had to lose 20 lbs. Big deal. He has fought at LHW a million times:rolleyes:

Kieth's stand up is sloppy and lame as {censored}. Jardine will get his ass handed to him 100%

and im not even a chuck fan

in short...WTf are you talking about:confused::freak:

if jardine wins, i will sacrifice my first born

• Members

Randy weighs in at under 130 in his HW fights...he had to lose 20 lbs. Big deal. He has fought at LHW a million times:rolleyes:

Kieth's stand up is sloppy and lame as {censored}. Jardine will get his ass handed to him 100%

in short...WTf are you talking about:confused:
:freak:

Right, I still think Chuck has it in him, i think he will win tonight as well. 37 isnt THAT old.

• Members

in short...WTf are you talking about:confused:
:freak:

Yeah thats right i said it, chuck is done! He has been hand fed wrestlers and grapplers for the past 4 years to solidify him as the face of the UFC. Listen all credit to him he beats who is in front of him no doubt, but look who he has beaten, Ortiz, Babalu, a 205lb Couture, Horn...not one striker, or a guy that can really ko with his legs or fists. Rampage is the kind of fighter that chuck cannot beat, a guy with heavy hands. Jardine has heavy hands, yes he is sloppy as {censored}, but chuck is not a clinician when it comes to technique either. I just ahve a feeling that Chuck is going to lose......Hackleman is stubborn, he still is not training him opponent specific. In other words they are not training Chuck to take advantage of Jardines weakness' and counter his strengths. They are not gameplanning the fight....They just train in a non specific way. That is very dangerous. It has definitly worked for Chuck in the past, but i dont know i dont like it. Im sure chuck trains his ass off and his timing is precise, but why would u take a fight and not watch tape on the guy you're fighting? Hackelman has openly said that they dont do that. I just dont get it. Jardine has power, legit ko power. He could land a shot that will send chuck to the canvas. Thats what i think will happen. I may be wrong but thats my gut. I think Chuck is done because he is not altering his mind set. He was hand fed wrestlers and grapplers for 4 years and he tore thru them. Watch now when he faces guys that can throw down. I think his most impressive win was against Overeem, but of course Overeem gassed out and chuck caught him with an overhand right that split overeems gloves in two...that was an awesome shot. If Chuck and his trainers had changed their mindset after he got his ass handed to him i might feel differently about him, but they have not. They train him like he is invincible. In my eyes that is a bad move. I think Chuck is a nice guy and hes good for the sport, but im not sure if he can get back to the top now.

• Members
I just grabbed that pic off a thread at Sherdog. I'm thinking he's going to lose, but I don't doubt he'll put up a good fight and has a chance.
:cool:

yeah, i really dont see forrest taking it.

Shogun controls the pace in his fights. Chute Boxe is reknown for theyre cardio. Lets hope for forrests sake, this fight ends first round, because shoguns pace, and speed will not change throughout 3 rounds from anything but INTENSE.

Ground game, forrest has nothing for shogun. Same with the standup, shoguns thai boxing skill is some of the best if not THE best around.

Forrest wants to pin shogun against the cage via clinch, bad plan, shoguns thai clinch is also, one of the best right under wand.

Really, forrest is gonna have to get lucky here to win. Because shogun surpasses him in every skill set available to MMA

Archived