Audiophiles

JBecker

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Audiophiles pwned.

I wish someone would offer this same challenge to people that claim to need super high end guitar amps.

What that one of the highest priced amps like a diezel etc sounds better than a $300 crate amp..

I would quite happily take that challenge. Would be an easy million quid.

• Members

What that one of the highest priced amps like a diezel etc sounds better than a $300 crate amp..

I would quite happily take that challenge. Would be an easy million quid.

I was thinking more along the lines of the guys that claim their overpriced hand built Fender knock offs are vastly superior to the production stuff out today.

• Members

I was thinking more along the lines of the guys that claim their overpriced hand built Fender knock offs are vastly superior to the production stuff out today.

Oh you mean those twattish corksniffing wankers??:eek:

• Members

While I think $8k speaker cables are complete retardation, James Randi is a professional con artist. He could offer a trillion dollars...it doesn't matter to him. He always finds a way to disprove evidence no matter how plain it is to see. If you told him that the sun is in fact shining, he would tell you that you can't prove that because we don't know the true nature of the action of photons and therefore the sun may not be shining at all, but rather we might be in a sort of negative darkness and the sun is only neutral - but just appears to shine to us. That kind of asinine {censored}.

He wants audiophiles to prove that those cables are "better". Well he uses that terminology because "better" is subjective and therefore he decides what is and what isn't better - and doesn't have to pay a penny.

{censored} that guy.

• Members

IMO, They are. By a lot. Mass production Fenders suck ass IMO. The Deluxe Reverb Reissue sounds so flat compared to an original. The only new Fender amp Id buy these days is from the Custom Shop.

Its the same with Marshalls Reissue series IMO. Flat muddy overdrive. :freak:

• Members
IMO, They are. By a lot. Mass production Fenders suck ass IMO. The Deluxe Reverb Reissue sounds so flat compared to an original. The only new Fender amp Id buy these days is from the Custom Shop.

Its the same with Marshalls Reissue series IMO. Flat muddy overdrive.
:freak:

Yep.

It doesn't need to be expensive (see Ceriatone), but the current Fender and Marshall RI stuff isn't great. It isn't terrible (if you didn't have an original to compare it to) but it's definitely outclassed by some of the "boutique" stuff out there.

• Members

Its the same with Marshalls Reissue series IMO. Flat muddy overdrive.
:freak:

Weren't you bashing me for bashing fenders yesterday. And know YOU are saying they are flat?:poke:

• Members
Yep.

It doesn't need to be expensive (see Ceriatone), but the current Fender and Marshall RI stuff isn't great. It isn't terrible (if you didn't have an original to compare it to) but it's definitely outclassed by some of the "boutique" stuff out there.

Exactly. Set up a Victoria Bassman and Fender Bassman Reissue and prepared to be amazed at the difference. I sure was. Then again if you ever take a look inside the Bassman Reissue, it all becomes clear. :D

One of my favorite Fender clones Ive ever played was actually a Clark Tweed Deluxe. It had the most buttery cleans and when cranked up, carried that butter right into overdrive. I know that sounds weird, but its hard to put into words the orgasmic feeling that amp gave me. :D

• Members

Weren't you bashing me for bashing fenders yesterday. And know YOU are saying they are flat?:poke:

Bashing Fender current production amps versus Fender designed amps/amp circuits is WAY different.

Play any original tweed, or even blackface Fender.

• Members

Have you ever played an original Deluxe Reverb next to the RI? You wouldn't be trolling here if you had. It's not even a fair fight.

I'm not trolling. I promised Zachman I wouldn't be so mean today.

Most of the fenders I have tried were vintage I guess. Dual Showman, vibroverb, twin reverb, etc. They weren't bad, just nothing to write home about I guess. Just my opinion.

Maybe that is why I started my fender thread....the band I saw was using new deluxe reverbs.

• Members

I'm not trolling. I promised Zachman I wouldn't be so mean today.

Most of the fenders I have tried were vintage I guess. Dual Showman, vibroverb, twin reverb, etc. They weren't bad, just nothing to write home about I guess. Just my opinion.

Maybe that is why I started my fender thread....the band I saw was using new deluxe reverbs.

The new Deluxe Reverbs aren't a bad amp. They are worth what you can get them for on the used market, for sure.

Vintage has a lot of definitions, and you can end up playing one great one and one dog from the same model, same year, etc. It also depends on what you are looking for. I love the sound of a (edit) Tweed Fender being pushed right to the verge of blowing up for some tones. Definitely wouldn't work for most modern rock, however.

• Members
The new Deluxe Reverbs aren't a bad amp. They are worth what you can get them for on the used market, for sure.

Vintage has a lot of definitions, and you can end up playing one great one and one dog from the same model, same year, etc. It also depends on what you are looking for. I love the sound of a Fender being pushed right to the verge of blowing up for some tones. Definitely wouldn't work for most modern rock, however.

You're wasting your time. He's not educated enough to make an informed opinion. ;)

• Moderators
You're wasting your time. He's not educated enough to make an informed opinion.
;)

I really like my Super Reverb Reissue. I yanked one of the tubes so it breaks up a little earlier. That being said, I do think the originals do sound a bit more... "magic" for lack of a better term.

• Members

I really like my Super Reverb Reissue. I yanked one of the tubes so it breaks up a little earlier. That being said, I do think the originals do sound a bit more... "magic" for lack of a better term.

i agree. And I dont think they sound horrible. I was overexagerating a bit. I would easily use one in a pinch (and have before many times).

But if I was going to buy a Fender, it would be a custom shop or a vintage one. And this is comming from someone who uses Fender guitars exclusively (so its not like Im a hater. Its more out of dissappointment).

Archived