Audiophiles

JBecker

• Members
IMO, They are. By a lot. Mass production Fenders suck ass IMO. The Deluxe Reverb Reissue sounds so flat compared to an original. The only new Fender amp Id buy these days is from the Custom Shop.

Its the same with Marshalls Reissue series IMO. Flat muddy overdrive.
:freak:

I've actually gotten some great tones out of modern production stuff compared to my vintage Fenders :idk:

I've played some {censored}ty ones of course, but.....

Now if you want to talk original Fenders vs high end boutique stuff.... Majority of cork sniffers would take my Pro-Reverb in a blind test. I guarantee it. ;) Funny because occassionally I still see Pro's in the sub $1000 range (for a nice, non master model), compared to thousands for Bruno's. :lol:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
497670.jpg
Live Wire 5 foot Instrument cable : $8.99

Having better tone than those retard audiophiles for $7241 less : Priceless.

While laughing at VonBonFire for being a cable snob :lol:

My rock and roll is so loud and my tone is so awesome that as long as the cable isn't microphonic it's going to sound good. :D

• Members
I've actually gotten some great tones out of modern production stuff compared to my vintage Fenders
:idk:

I would not doubt that at all! I mean hell, we could get by with some really cheap gear if we had to... :D

I was primarily talking about the Reissue stuff compared to their original counterpart. :)

• Members
And I'll paypal $10 to someone who can prove to me how a $100,000 hi-fi system somehow makes the music itself more enjoyable than on my cheapo circa-1974 hi-fi setup that cost me $40 at a garage sale...

Well, Id be willing to bet I could tell the difference in quality between your set up and a $10,000 McIntosh tube power amp with an audiophile stlyle turntable into some Sonas Faber speakers. :love::D

Obviously, its all subjective. But clearly we can all the tell difference between a stock car stereo and an aftermarket one?!?

Why would it be so different for home stereos?

• Members

You don't have to own a marshall to go deaf man. Any 50w tube amp should do the trick
:rolleyes:

Am i wrong in assuming that the Bogner XTC 101b is 120w??

If it is, i'm pleased, 50w and 100w is just not cutting it for me.

That 20w extra might give the gnats more headroom i am looking for..

I have heard they are loud amps anyway:wave::thu:

• Members
You don't have to own a marshall to go deaf man. Any 50w tube amp should do the trick
:rolleyes:

O....k....no one is disputing that.

If I owned a Laney I would have typed Laney instead. Or Orange, or....

In my enviroment my Marshalls caused the damage (maybe why I can't tell the difference between cheap cables and top shelf stuff) :)

• Members
Am i wrong in assuming that the Bogner XTC 101b is 120w??

If it is, i'm pleased, 50w and 100w is just not cutting it for me.

That 20w extra might give the gnats more headroom i am looking for..

I have heard they are loud amps anyway:wave:
:thu:

Wattage has almost no bearing on the volume of an amp in application. Bogners have never seemed like they were overbearing loud to me (but they definitely have a good MV design) but I'm sure that it will be plenty for you (even if the VM wasn't enough juice for ya).

• Moderators

i agree. And I dont think they sound horrible. I was overexagerating a bit. I would easily use one in a pinch (and have before many times).

But if I was going to buy a Fender, it would be a custom shop or a vintage one. And this is comming from someone who uses Fender guitars exclusively (so its not like Im a hater. Its more out of dissappointment).

Yeah, because I played with a lot of older guys when I was younger (16, 17, 18, etc) I got to play a lot of nice old Fenders and Marshalls and they just had something.. special about them. I also played some nice silver face SRs too. Still, the RI, like you said, isn't that bad. Here is my SRRI with my Marshall 2204 and a Teese picture Wah:

http://www.dariankovach.com/images/Some_Kind_of_Wonderful.MP3

• Members
Yeah, because I played with a lot of older guys when I was younger (16, 17, 18, etc) I got to play a lot of nice old Fenders and Marshalls and they just had something..
special
about them. I also played some nice silver face SRs too. Still, the RI, like you said, isn't that bad. Here is my SRRI with my Marshall 2204 and a Teese picture Wah:

http://www.dariankovach.com/images/Some_Kind_of_Wonderful.MP3

DAmn that sounded raunchy! In a good way! Teese Pic Wah kicks ass doesnt it? Has such a gnarly sweep to it. Like it grabs the mids in a headlock and twists them into submission. :D

Random quesiton, but do you ever notice when you're running your Pic Wah with other pedals, and then turn it on, it hums pretty damn loud, but if you have it alone in the signal chain its quiet?

• Members

Wattage has almost no bearing on the volume of an amp in application. Bogners have never seemed like they were overbearing loud to me (but they definitely have a good MV design) but I'm sure that it will be plenty for you (even if the VM wasn't enough juice for ya).

Cool.

Actually a lot of people have said that the VM isnt a loud amp..

I saw some review somewhere that said it is quite a quiet 100w..

My amps do open up more through my boogie 4x12 than my orange 2x12 though..

And i practically use just the 2x12 at the min.

• Moderators
DAmn that sounded raunchy! In a good way! Teese Pic Wah kicks ass doesnt it? Has such a gnarly sweep to it. Like it grabs the mids in a headlock and twists them into submission.
:D

Random quesiton, but do you ever notice when you're running your Pic Wah with other pedals, and then turn it on, it hums pretty damn loud, but if you have it alone in the signal chain its quiet?

lol thanks man, the Teese P-wah is the most amazing wah I've played.. mine is labeled "prototype", so I took the back off and put it on my doctored up vox wah so I don't mess it up. I had the foxrox fuzz pedal thingee put into it also.

Here is my gigging pedal board:

pedal2.jpg

No, I've not had that issue. Have you tried letting Geoff know? His customer service is great (or it was for me).

• Members
lol thanks man, the Teese P-wah is the most amazing wah I've played.. mine is labeled "prototype", so I took the back off and put it on my doctored up vox wah so I don't mess it up. I had the foxrox fuzz pedal thingee put into it also.

Here is my gigging pedal board:

pedal2.jpg

No, I've not had that issue. Have you tried letting Geoff know? His customer service is great (or it was for me).

Man, I've been dying to get a Headrush (E2 though probably). How do you like yours?

• Moderators
Man, I've been dying to get a Headrush (E2 though probably). How do you like yours?

Well, heres the deal: I am probably the wrong guy to ask. I know there are guys who can make delay pedals sing, I am not one of those guys. I use it more as an echoplex, but based on that context, it is very warm and natural sounding and I can't imagine using another delay pedal. :)

• Members

Rockin' the CC2 eh? I used to have one of those with the NKT275 card and it was one of the best fuzzes Ive ever played. I ended up not liking how "wooshy" the provibe sounded so I sold it.

But my main fuzz to this day is the Foxrox Hot Silicon. Amazing fuzz. That guy just makes awesome pedals. Period. :)

I want a TZF. :cry:

• Moderators
Rockin' the CC2 eh? I used to have one of those with the NKT275 card and it was one of the best fuzzes Ive ever played. I ended up not liking how "wooshy" the provibe sounded so I sold it.

But my main fuzz to this day is the Foxrox Hot Silicon. Amazing fuzz. That guy just makes awesome pedals. Period.
:)

I want a TZF.
:cry:

Yup, still rockin the CC2! :D If I had the cash I would have all of his pedals! I think my Cc2 has the hybrid in it, though I did buy the straight silicon card also. :)

• Members

While I think $8k speaker cables are complete retardation, James Randi is a professional con artist. He could offer a trillion dollars...it doesn't matter to him. He always finds a way to disprove evidence no matter how plain it is to see. If you told him that the sun is in fact shining, he would tell you that you can't prove that because we don't know the true nature of the action of photons and therefore the sun may not be shining at all, but rather we might be in a sort of negative darkness and the sun is only neutral - but just appears to shine to us. That kind of asinine {censored}.

He wants audiophiles to prove that those cables are "better". Well he uses that terminology because "better" is subjective and therefore he decides what is and what isn't better - and doesn't have to pay a penny.

{censored} that guy.

I can hear vast differences in audio cables as long as I know what brand they are! Once you remove the brand names I cease to know the difference! I conclude that blind testing is flawed!

Archived