OT: I hate the pats..

EpiPaul03

• Members

I'm not a Pats fan, but to say they're ruining football is pathetic. They're
dominating
football is more accurate.

I have the utmost respect for their extremely well run team, and it would be cool to see them make history this year as the first team since '72 to go undefeated.
:cool:

Yeah, but 2 minutes into that game i shut it off. I can't remember a year with more crappy games than this year. If it's not the Pats beating someone 56-7, it's a crappy 13-7 or 14-6 between a number of subpar teams. I mean, how the hell can anyone get excited for the Broncos on Monday Night Football tonight, ugh, they suck.

I would like to see the Packers win it all and see Favre go riding off into the sunset. That would be nice. And {censored} the cowboys. I'll have to cheer for the Pats if they play the cowgirls. How can anyone cheer for TO? It's beyond me.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, but 2 minutes into that game i shut it off. I can't remember a year with more crappy games than this year. If it's not the Pats beating someone 56-7, it's a crappy 13-7 or 14-6 between a number of subpar teams. I mean, how the hell can anyone get excited for the Broncos on Monday Night Football tonight, ugh, they suck.

I would like to see the Packers win it all and see Favre go riding off into the sunset. That would be nice. And {censored} the cowboys. I'll have to cheer for the Pats if they play the cowgirls. How can anyone cheer for TO? It's beyond me.

I agree. I'm a KC fan, but seeing Farve go out on a high note would be great. Dude is old school, class act all the way. :thu:

PS {censored} the Cowboys. :cop:

• Members

TO is just one of those things. Don't care for him personality wise, but that's not why Jerry Jones is paying him is it? He is paying him for performances like the one yesterday against the Skins. 4 TD receptions in a game.

Don't like TO personally, but am I glad he's on my team? {censored} yeah I am. :poke:

Right now the two best QB/Rec pairs in the league are TO/Romo and Moss/Brady. Troof. :wave:

• Members

I agree.... seeing Farve go out on a high note would be great. Dude is old school, class act all the way.
:thu:

PS {censored} the Cowboys.
:cop:

Yes. Don't worry....Romo will choko again in the playoffs. Live and die by Romo. It would be nice to see Favre go out with a big win but Pats are unstoppable. Too many offensive options. Moss is the best receiver possibly ever. Definitely better than T.O. At least as good as Rice.

• Members

DORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The slaughter is called, Belichick making a statement.

Yep. The man is on a mission, and his guys are buying into it 100%.

I've been watching pro football a long time. This level of domination, week in and week out, is unprecedented.

Best part about a Patriots undefeated season would be the end of those ridiculous old codgers from the '72 Dolphins and their stupid champagne-sipping ritual when the last undefeated team loses.

• Members

TO is just one of those things. Don't care for him personality wise, but that's not why Jerry Jones is paying him is it? He is paying him for performances like the one yesterday against the Skins. 4 TD receptions in a game.

Don't like TO personally, but am I glad he's on my team? {censored} yeah I am. :poke:

Right now the two best QB/Rec pairs in the league are TO/Romo and Moss/Brady. Troof.
:wave:

I see your point, TO has proven to be a badass this year. I was hoping he'd show up, run his mouth, act like a whiny bitch to burn my brother who is a die hard Dallas fan. However he's playing well, keeping a relatively low profile, and basically matching Moss as far as turning around his image.

• Members

Best part about a Patriots undefeated season would be the end of those ridiculous old codgers from the '72 Dolphins and their stupid champagne-sipping ritual when the last undefeated team loses.

The only question is whether Belicheck will leave the starters in during weeks 15, 16, and 17 if they've locked up a playoff spot. He seems so focuesed on winning another title that I think he wants to protect Brady and Moss.

• Members

The only question is whether Belicheck will leave the starters in during weeks 15, 16, and 17 if they've locked up a playoff spot. He seems so focuesed on winning another title that I think he wants to protect Brady and Moss.

In that case, they'll only win by 2 or 3 touchdowns instead of 5 or 6.

• Members

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Videogate is one thing (and to be honest, it's not like it's something that other teams DON'T do - you'd be ignorant to believe so), but their players play clean football. Even Randy Moss seems to have shaped up - whether that's a factor of the Patriots or the change in the NFL front office, I can't say, but he does seem to have gotten his ego in check.

I'll cheer for the Patriots over the Colts anyday.
:cop:

No I'm just not a blind idiot. Yeah Vrabel going after Joe Thomas's knee after the play is over on a spike is as squeaky clean as you can get. Pathetic dirty ass players. And Tom Brady is an asshole. Ask anyone who's met him.

• Members

No I'm just not a blind idiot. Yeah Vrabel going after Joe Thomas's knee after the play is over on a spike is as squeaky clean as you can get. Pathetic dirty ass players. And Tom Brady is an asshole. Ask anyone who's met him.

That would make perfect sense if they didn't watch the replay a thousand times after it happened and everybody saw that he didn't go after him at all. Vrabel is such a dick for actually playing football, maybe if other teams didn't give up and stop playing hard someone would beat tah pats. As far as Brady being a dick, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that. For christ skaes the guy just donated 5,000 dollars to the greater Boston food bank. What a classless douche...

• Members

They're having an amazing year. Really impressive. I'll almost be surprised if they don't do the undefeated thing. I think the Colts are about the only team that can stop them at this point and they just did not look good enough last game.

We'll see... you never know with the NFL. It would be kind of ironic if they got taken out in the post season or something.

I wonder if a team like New England this year is making it hard on the Vegas point spread guys or if it is actually an advantage. Not that I feel sorry for bookies or anything. ;)

• Members

The Pats are a great team and playing with a chip on their shoulder due to the whole spygate issue. They are out to prove something that is for sure.

What irks me is that they are running up the score, going for a 4th and 1 in chip shot field goal range up 35-7 is classless.

• Members

The Pats are a great team and playing with a chip on their shoulder due to the whole spygate issue. They are out to prove something that is for sure.

What irks me is that they are running up the score, going for a 4th and 1 in chip shot field goal range up 35-7 is classless.

As far as the running up the score issue is concerned, if you want to stop them from running up the score, play some damn defense. This isn't Pop Warner football; these guys are paid very well to play a game - if they aren't prepared to play a team like the Pats, that's their own damn fault.

• Members

That would make perfect sense if they didn't watch the replay a thousand times after it happened and everybody saw that he didn't go after him at all. Vrabel is such a dick for actually playing football, maybe if other teams didn't give up and stop playing hard someone would beat tah pats. As far as Brady being a dick, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that. For christ skaes the guy just donated 5,000 dollars to the greater Boston food bank. What a classless douche...

Because a multi millionaire gives pocket change to a charity he's the nicest guy in the world? And I did watch the replay a million times. Eric Steinbach should have kicked his ass. I'm not one of those guys who's pissed at them running up the score. If you don't want them to....play defense. They actually couldn't run up the score on the browns, we hung with them till the end.

• Members

As far as the running up the score issue is concerned, if you want to stop them from running up the score, play some damn defense. This isn't Pop Warner football; these guys are paid very well to play a game - if they aren't prepared to play a team like the Pats, that's their own damn fault.

:thu:

• Members

Because a multi millionaire gives pocket change to a charity he's the nicest guy in the world? And I did watch the replay a million times. Eric Steinbach should have kicked his ass. I'm not one of those guys who's pissed at them running up the score. If you don't want them to....play defense. They actually couldn't run up the score on the browns, we hung with them till the end.

Who's "we"? Do you play for the Browns? Or are you just a rabid fan that includes yourself as part of the team? :confused:

• Members

I have seen plenty of other teams in years past choose not to run up the score and have kicked a field goal in that situation. I know they are payed alot to play the game, but it still goes against good sportmanship. Just cause you can beat a guy into the ground, doesn't mean you should.

The Bills could not stop the Pats and clearly need to improve, but that doesn't make running up the score right IMO.

• Members

Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal is actually NOT running up the score. It's probably 99% they would have made that kick at the 3 yard line...which would add 3 points onto the score. The odds of making it on 4th down are probably 50/50. They gave them a chance to stop more points and Buffalo couldn't stop them...case closed. The god damn whining is pitiful.

• Members

Going for it on 4th down instead of kicking a field goal is actually NOT running up the score. It's probably 99% they would have made that kick at the 3 yard line...which would add 3 points onto the score. The odds of making it on 4th down are probably 50/50. They gave them a chance to stop more points and Buffalo couldn't stop them...case closed. The god damn whining is pitiful.

Buffalo hadn't stopped them all day, and a touchdown is 4 more points. I think this sets a bad example for kids playing sports. Its too bad I am the only person that thinks this is wrong, but oh well....

• Members

Buffalo hadn't stopped them all day, and a touchdown is 4 more points. I think this sets a bad example for kids playing sports. Its too bad I am the only person that thinks this is wrong, but oh well....

It would have been 7 less points if Buffalo could actually stop them for once. They gave them a chance to stop them. It's not New England's fault that they're that much better than most teams. And if any kids were up by the time that play happened, then they have their parents to blame.

• Members

I don't get why they shouldn't run up the score? :lol: They are scary good.

• Members

I have seen plenty of other teams in years past choose not to run up the score and have kicked a field goal in that situation. I know they are payed alot to play the game, but it still goes against good sportmanship. Just cause you can beat a guy into the ground, doesn't mean you should.

The Bills could not stop the Pats and clearly need to improve, but that doesn't make running up the score right IMO.

Sportsmanship? Now you're just being silly:cop: Sportsmanship went out with the vcr.

• Members

It's a competitive situation - it's in their best interest to score more points, and it's in the opponents best interest to stop them. How does running up the score set more of a bad example than, say, Pacman Jones, Chris Henry, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Tank Williams, and so on having ongoing legal troubles? :poke:

Archived