new KRANK SST 250-WATT HEAD!! MOSFET DESIGN...

lumpy555

• Members
I want a gorilla tube stack mod???

It seems Gorilla must have inundated the market several years ago. I always thought I was the only one who knew about those turd boxes. I played in a band back in the late 80's and the bass player had a Gorilla amp.:freak:

That thing sounded like a blown stereo speaker that was rewired to accept a guitar signal.

Are those amps even made anymore?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Oh yes. The JVM I just bought last weekend is a "boat anchor" according to some guy that owned one for 4 days. Or it's a '"piece of {censored} because the pots are connected directly to the pcb".
:rolleyes:

I love those guys.crying about build quality.
if you don't want it to break dont drop the FN thing...

• Members
It seems Gorilla must have inundated the market several years ago. I always thought I was the only one who knew about those turd boxes. I played in a band back in the late 80's and the bass player had a Gorilla amp.
:freak:

That thing sounded like a blown stereo speaker that was rewired to accept a guitar signal.

Are those amps even made anymore?

I have no clue but yes they did suck.

• Members

im not bashing on kranks, i just have never played one that i thought contained a single tone i would use. the chadwick, however, may very well be a different story. but as it is, i dont play brutal or dirt ass metal so ill pass on a krank, especially a rev1 solid state prototype

for the money it may actually be a great back-up amp

• Members

actually i was being sarcastic to bob's ten thousand dollar gear comment....however i am a little jealous of your collection... guitars???

www.zachpetersen.com

Guitars are many, not all of which are photographed, but I do have to make time to do that. With all of the guitars that I have to choose from there are around 40ish

Amps to choose from are Fender: Twins, Bandmasters, Super Reverbs, Showmans, Deluxe, Champs, Mesa/Boogie: Rectifiers, MKIII's, MKIV's, Roadsters, Marshalls: SuperLeads, 6100, JCM 800's JCM 900's, Vox AC30's (The old ones), Mojave Peacemaker, Fuchs ODS, etc...

What the noob dentist doesn't realize is that I have a sound company's backline at my disposal, in addition to my personal collection. Choices are cool

• Members

if this head is selling around the $500 range like the OP said i think it would be a cool backup/beater amp if it sounds decent

i won't bash krank for their product, i just think they cost too much...i've actually hoped for a while now that some less than mint chadwick heads would start hitting the used market so i can get one cheap

• Members

I have had the revolution and the kranken{censored} and sold them both within a month of owning them,sorry to bash KRANK, but they sound like SS {censored}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I guess since that the band Everytime I die the blood drips on thursdays bleeding eyelids on aprils ashes through the ball of the buried and me uses them they have to be brutal!!!

• Members

i don't really rag on any amplifier, or any tone. I'm a jack of all trades, and I think there's use for every sound. However, I do have a problem with Krank. Though thier tones have a use, it's nothing I couldn't find out of a Randall at a fraction of the price. That, and they put fake glowing reviews on HC trying to push their product. that's deceptive, and regardless of how good the amplifier sounds, i'm not going to support any company that doesn't have enough faith in the product to let it stand for itself without lying and manipulation.

Archived