new KRANK SST 250-WATT HEAD!! MOSFET DESIGN...

lumpy555

• Members

Hmmm this could be true, how come people in the real world go and buy it then...?

except for the bands that endorse them, i've never seen any bands out playing a krank, and can only think of a small handful of people that have bought & kept them

there's about half a dozen forums i'm on that are full of gear heads, the kranks just don't seem to be taking off a whole lot from what i've seen...again i'm not knocking them, but when ya get up around the $1700 price range there's a lot of options to look at that are just more attractive to a lot of players

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
well let me hate on marshall because they're too mainstream...
:rolleyes:
the only lasting point is if you've tried it and it's not your cup of tea, THEN it's not your cup of tea

honestly, have you ever played a Krank?
95% of the people who hate on them do not like the tone.
it just so happens that there is a large group of people on this forum that dont like the tone, either from personal experience (playing them), or hearing them in a live setting.

i'm one of the group that doesnt like their live sound. the thing is, with krank, there seems to be a trend that they put out over hyped and over priced amps that dont do the job they're meant to do. i know that you've said basically what i said, but let it be man. it happens. stop trying to act like some kind of Mod. we have them already.

• Members

i don't really rag on any amplifier, or any tone. I'm a jack of all trades, and I think there's use for every sound. However, I do have a problem with Krank. Though thier tones have a use, it's nothing I couldn't find out of a Randall at a fraction of the price. That, and they put fake glowing reviews on HC trying to push their product. that's deceptive, and regardless of how good the amplifier sounds, i'm not going to support any company that doesn't have enough faith in the product to let it stand for itself without lying and manipulation.

Of all of the comments on this thread, this is the 1 that makes me laugh the most.

Oh, why you ask?

Because it was Jody who wrote the fake reviews on this forum and guess who he works for now?

That's right

RANDALL!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Why do you think Amott went over there.

Because Jody had them make his own signature amp even though it's only a V2 or whatever the hell they are called with custom "gingerclownninja" graphics.

Too funny.

• Members

i think the only place kranks arent popular is HC.

No doubt, they are selling everywhere worldwide and are putting in adds in local papers for people to work there. Only place they are hated is here.

I played this amp, for real, Im not swinging on anyones nuts, I dont care what anyone says, or how much gear you have, I love kranks stuff, but I didnt find this amp to be to my liking.

It was seriously loud, but thats about it.

I own a custom chadwick Krank now, modded by alan chadwick himself, and kranks are GREAT amps, but this SS was crap for what I do, maybe others might like it. But for me, Ill stay with tubes.

Might make someone a killer back up though, but its no chadwick or rev1...

• Members

No doubt, they are selling everywhere worldwide and are putting in adds in local papers for people to work there. Only place they are hated is here.

I played this amp, for real, Im not swinging on anyones nuts, I dont care what anyone says, or how much gear you have, I love kranks stuff, but I didnt find this amp to be to my liking.

It was seriously loud, but thats about it.

I own a custom chadwick Krank now, modded by alan chadwick himself, and kranks are GREAT amps, but this SS was crap for what I do, maybe others might like it. But for me, Ill stay with tubes.

Might make someone a killer back up though, but its no chadwick or rev1...

What?

Krank is hiring?

What are they looking for?

• Members

I'm curious what the world wide demographic of users of Krank amps is compared to the users of all other genres, besides the brootal users. I'd be willing to bet that it is minuscule, by comparison. The statements of HC being the ONLY place that doesn't dig them is juvenile and naive at best.

• Members

I'm curious what the world wide demographic of users of Krank amps is compared to the users of all other genres, besides the brootal users. I'd be willing to bet that it is minuscule, by comparison. The statements of HC being the ONLY place that doesn't dig them is juvenile and naive at best.

Huh?

This is the only place that I see negative comments about them.

End of story.

I love my Krank stuff.

Why would guitar players from ALL over the world chose this amp?

Because they like the way they sound.

If you can't get it to work for you, fine.

Don't use them.

:poke:Get over it.

• Members

What?

Krank is hiring?

What are they looking for?

Not sure actually, I just heard from a friend they needed help keeping up with production. He said it was in a job fair paper.

I used to know some guys that worked there but its been a few years.

I would love to work there though.

They make some excellent products, and their cabs are built like tanks.

All the experience Ive had with my rev and now my chadwick has been excellent, I just wasnt into the ss, but then again, Im not into any ss.

• Members

I have had the rev and the krankenstein,and hated them but I am still curious about the chadwick and how it sounds and what sounds does it excel at?? Anyone???

Mine is different than the stock one, but they have a real vox tone, not brutal at all, it reminds me of a fender or vox.

Mines set up with jjs and it doesnt gain out like the others Ive played.

Alan Chadwick is a amp guru, he really knows his stuff.

Excellent cleans..

• Members

Huh?

This is the only place that I see negative comments about them.

End of story.

I love my Krank stuff.

Why would guitar players from ALL over the world chose this amp?

Because they like the way they sound.

If you can't get it to work for you, fine.

Don't use them.

:poke:Get over it.

I see you're sheltered... It's ok... you may go:poke:

• Members

Mine is different than the stock one, but they have a real vox tone, not brutal at all, it reminds me of a fender or vox.

Mines set up with jjs and it doesnt gain out like the others Ive played.

Alan Chadwick is a amp guru, he really knows his stuff.

Excellent cleans..

Clips???

• Members

Im curious about anyone, who has as much gear as you, and obviously is older than 90% of the people here, still finds reasons to hate amps that he has never played.

I too have a large amp collection. And I must say, that there are great things about Kranks but they are not for everyone, but neither is any other amp, but going out of ones way to bad mouth them is a little odd, dont like em, dont use em.

I used my kranks in a ska punk band, then in a reggae thing for a while.

I found them to be tough, consistant, and excellent amps, but then again, I dont buy amps to extend my penis, or create web pages to show the kids, I use it to play.

If its a tube amp, there is a tone in it that is worth something, dont like em, I understand, but badmouthing everyone is a little redundant at best, and just boring at worst.

• Members

Im curious about anyone, who has as much gear as you, and obviously is older than 90% of the people here, still finds reasons to hate amps that he has never played.

I too have a large amp collection. And I must say, that there are great things about Kranks but they are not for everyone, but neither is any other amp, but going out of ones way to bad mouth them is a little odd, dont like em, dont use em.

I found them to be tough, consistant, and excellent amps, but then again, I dont buy amps to extend my penis, or create web pages to show the kids, I use it to play.

If its a tube amp, there is a tone in it that is worth something, dont like em, I understand, but badmouthing everyone is a little redundant at best, and just boring at worst.

Let's see, how do they do this on this forum........

Oh yeah, +1:thu:

• Members

Clips???

Soon enough, Ive just recieved it, and I havent even broke into it just yet.

True musicians commonly have found that amps speak to them, and the longer you tinker and try different guitars/cabs/tubes the more you understand the tones and may like or dislike.

Anyone who buys a amp, that can dial in their tone right off the bat is loosing the essence of what tube amps are about, as if YOU can dial in your tone in 15 minutes, so can every other kid in GC or SA, so in retrospect you end up having a tone that anyone and everyone already has.

This is fine for those who dont care, or are to arrogant to understand, but for me, and alot of players, I like to really put something through its paces before I decide that it is utter crap. Im not a guitar god, I dont know everything, but Im smart enough to KNOW this already.

Dont get me wrong, if it decide it is, its gone.

So to make a long story short, when I get done exploring my new chaddy Id be glad to post some Klips:thu:

• Members

FAILED... You should go back and re-read what I actually said about them. I have used them, and they're ok, but for the $$$ I prefer another solution. THAT is what I said, in addition to them being a wonderful ship anchor (sarcasm obviously passed you by there)

I created the website I did so that there would be a bunch of info in one place for those interested. check out the FAQ page, then get back to me sparky

• Members

FAILED... You should go back and re-read what I actually said about them. I have used them, and they're ok, but for the $$$ I prefer another solution. THAT is what I said, in addition to them being a wonderful ship anchor (sarcasm obviously passed you by there)

I created the website I did so that there would be a bunch of info in one place for those interested. check out the FAQ page, then get back to me sparky

You havent used the SS, I did go back and read your post, I also went to your Extention web page.

I have full comprehension of sarcasim, but its hard to tell with the internet, my post is full of it as well.

I mean no offense to you, and if FAIL means you dont agree that would be alright by me.

Im not here to please or make people think that having alot of gear makes you cool. By looking at your amp collection Ive already got you beat, hell Ive got 3-4 more tube amps not even listed in my sig.

Does that mean anything?

Nope not at all, doesnt make me good or doesnt mean I know anything more than anyone else, but I can tell you this, I know enough to not run my mouth when I havent tried a product just to get the admiration of mostly bedroom players.

Get out and play them amps, you might understand that r2d2 rack systems are for old men in the 80s bro.

• Members
You havent used the SS, I did go back and read your post, I also went to your Extention web page.

I have full comprehension of sarcasim, but its hard to tell with the internet, my post is full of it as well.

I mean no offense to you, and if FAIL means you dont agree that would be alright by me.

Im not here to please or make people think that having alot of gear makes you cool. By looking at your amp collection Ive already got you beat, hell Ive got 3-4 more tube amps not even listed in my sig.

Does that mean anything?

Nope not at all, doesnt make me good or doesnt mean I know anything more than anyone else, but I can tell you this, I know enough to not run my mouth when I havent tried a product to get the admiration of mostly bedroom players.

Fail was in reference to your assertion of me not having played the Krank amps. You are correct, I haven't played the SS.

WOW, you seriously are putting up a "By looking at your amp collection Ive already got you beat, hell Ive got 3-4 more tube amps not even listed in my sig" statement. The stuff I have in my sig is one rig and by no means comes close to the gear that I have to choose from, but what it means is that I have experience with lots of gear, nothing more, nothing less. As far as the rack gear being for the 80's... Check out some of the rigs of the A List session guys, who are playing TODAY, and then get back to me sparky. FWIW the amps and rigs are used regularly, by me to do session work mostly lately, that's how it got paid for. Normal gigs I don't use the whole big rig, concert gigs not so much this year. Pics of last year are on my site using it though. :wave::p

Looks like you're running your mouth to me

• Members

Fail was in reference to your assertion of me not having played the Krank amps. You are correct, I haven't played the SS.

WOW, you seriously are putting up a "By looking at your amp collection Ive already got you beat, hell Ive got 3-4 more tube amps not even listed in my sig" statement. The stuff I have in my sig is one rig and by no means comes close to the gear that I have to choose from, but what it means is that I have experience with lots of gear, nothing more, nothing less.

Looks like you're running your mouth to me

No my friend, the last thing I am letting anyone who reads this to see as me running my mouth, Im telling anyone and YOU, that there are many amps in the Krank line, and tone is precise to ones own ear, some dont go for me, but I wont dog them all. Im saying that just because I have some amps now doesnt mean I know whats best for others, or what is good and bad without playing them.

Just because you have amps doesnt mean you know {censored}, just because you put up a webpage with some over chorused 80s cover tracks doesnt mean you know anything.

Just because I say I have amps doesnt mean I know anything either.

But at least you admitted that you havent played the amp the original poster asked about in your 7 posts of bashing all other products from that company.

There are some really good players using krank, that has to be for a reason doesnt it?

Perhaps not everyone sees playing music the same style as you?

From your clips I can tell you that very few play THAT style of music in the pop culture now.

Ive actually been reading through your webpage, and listening to your clips, And Ive come to the conclusion, after seeing the pictures of spandex and stripped guitars, that this there will never, ever, ever be a common ground between some people.

Especially from complete different time periods..

• Members

No my friend, the last thing I am letting anyone who reads this to see as me running my mouth, Im telling anyone and YOU, that there are many amps in the Krank line, and tone is precise to ones own ear, some dont go for me, but I wont dog them all. Im saying that just because I have some amps now doesnt mean I know whats best for others, or what is good and bad without playing them.

Just because you have amps doesnt mean you know {censored}, just because you put up a webpage with some over chorused 80s cover tracks doesnt mean you know anything.

Just because I say I have amps doesnt mean I know anything either.

But at least you admitted that you havent played the amp the original poster asked about in your 7 posts of bashing all other products from that company.

There are some really good players using krank, that has to be for a reason doesnt it?

Ive actually been reading through your webpage, and listening to your clips, And Ive come to the conclusion, after seeing this picture, that this there will never, ever, ever be a common ground between some people.

Especially from complete different time periods..

Thanks... Those who I've built racks for, done sessions for, and assisted with their technical issues here and elsewhere and were happy with the results, if you don't dig the clips that's cool... As far as me knowing anything... well I don't know everything, but I do know what I know. ;)

What is funny is that you as well as the others who try to troll me regarding that pic, don't realize that I got that guitar for $100, the stripes were just a secondary issue, that I thought was novel. :lol:

I did state my personal preference, I did NOT state anyone else's or what anyone else's should be

• Members
Thanks... Those who I've built racks for, done sessions for, and assisted with their technical issues here and elsewhere and were happy with the results, if you don't dig the clips that's cool... As far as me knowing anything... well I don't know everything, but I do know what I know.
;)

What is funny is that you as well as the others who try to troll me regarding that pic, don't realize that I got that guitar for $100, the stripes were just a secondary issue, that I thought was novel.
:lol:

You thought wrong, very wrong.
I too am a session player, But I wont brag, or tell tall tales outta school, there is no need, as if you really were in the market, you would know that r2d2 left the bldg.
Just because I ended up in a lil rock band in AZ doesnt mean I started here, or have ended here. Only one facet of many styles.
Calls come, and you are asked to be somewhere you cant haul that thing around, I know I did it to, in the early 90s and I loved it, but in the end, I settled for tube pureness, rather than rack gear.
NOT saying racks arent great, I wont bag any gear.
Im also not trolling you, Im just reminding you what you perhaps forgot a long time ago, that sound is like beauty, and is for the eye of the beholder to decide what is best.
You set a great example to the younger player though, that or at least you wear your age on your sleeve...

Archived