most brutal backline ever?

xedgep90x

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The address for the 7 Venue is 5975 A Fairburn Road, Douglasville. It used to be an old movie theater and it's located in a strip mall. I've been there a few times for some local shows, but they are starting to get some bigger bands that come through every now and then.

ugh...looks like some xXIANx venue....(where's the vomit smiley when you need it?)

• Members
What's the smallest capacity kinda place you would play at? I have ideas around North Carolina that you could play at (mainly so you would be near me so I can come hear your rig
:p
) but I only really know of smaller places. You could probably get your tour at the Tremont Music Hall in Charlotte, though.

:love:

For the most part, the smaller the better

• Members
so we have been piecing together our rigs for a while now. But i think on this tour it is finally gonna be completley insane. my other guitar player. bass player, and I will be running the following setups:

Me: Splawn Nitro

Splawn Pro Mod

2 Basson 4x12's

2 Basson 2x12's

Him: VHT 100-CL w/eq

Bogner Uberschall

2 Basson 4x12's

2 Basson 2x12's

Bass: Tech21 Landmark 600

Ampeg SVT4-Pro

2 Ampeg 8x10's

*Yes, we use all of this, all the time. there is no switching between heads.

All heads will be living in road cases with racks and cabs arranged in two 3/4 stacks with 2x12s on the bottom. One bass cab on each side.

Man I am really looking forward to this tour
:thu:

Pics soooon

we played right before you guys in utica last night. tone was sooo good, i was really suprised how much i liked your splawns, but the dude on the other sides sound was beyond amazing with that bogner and vht. fun set!

• Members

Two questions-
1- Are you headlining this tour? If not, will you be seting up infront of the headliner, let alone 2 or 3 other bands gear like alot of tours? Plus its usually a 20 minute change over- you neeed to be off in 5. And then the fact of when your done the gear goes out side most times, on the street or in an alley...in a lot of shady cities..no matter the weather.

2- Do you have a list of the venues? Ive been on tiny tours and huge tours, be prepared for nights where you cant use all your gear becauase of venue size constraints...and another thing to keep in mind is a suprising # of venues are in muliple story buildings...cabs, racks and cases arent too awesome on stairs.

I love huge-ass setups aswell but just wanted to warn ya incase you didnt think about this {censored}.

• Members

your drummer should also have 4 bass drums and a gong
get a keyboard player with at least 5 full size keyboards arranged in multiple tiers and have him stand sideways
then you need some projectors and screens
probably some inflatable dragons or something
fireworks
a replica of stonehenge
strippers on stilts

• Members

we played right before you guys in utica last night. tone was sooo good, i was really suprised how much i liked your splawns, but the dude on the other sides sound was beyond amazing with that bogner and vht. fun set!

Were you in the band before us on the same side? With the splawn cab? Or the band right before us on the opposite side with the full stacks?

• Members

Two questions-

1- Are you headlining this tour? If not, will you be seting up infront of the headliner, let alone 2 or 3 other bands gear like alot of tours? Plus its usually a 20 minute change over- you neeed to be off in 5. And then the fact of when your done the gear goes out side most times, on the street or in an alley...in a lot of shady cities..no matter the weather.

2- Do you have a list of the venues? Ive been on tiny tours and huge tours, be prepared for nights where you cant use all your gear becauase of venue size constraints...and another thing to keep in mind is a suprising # of venues are in muliple story buildings...cabs, racks and cases arent too awesome on stairs.

I love huge-ass setups aswell but just wanted to warn ya incase you didnt think about this {censored}.

I appreciate it Pete, but no warning is needed. This is our fourth tour with this much gear. We are used to the ups and downs of bringing all this stuff. And you're right, a lot of venues we play there is barely room for half this stuff. But in the end its all rock and roll.

• Members

i played canel club too and it was pretty big. Worst sound ever though:freak:

it would have been such a kick ass place if they got a good sound guy.

True story man...the sound there sucks. I've played there many times. I {censored}ing love the richmond rock club atmosphere. Lots of good metal comes from there. Get a show at Alley Katz...I've played there quite a bit as well and the sound there is much better. Plus it's just a cooler place to play IMO. Kinda like someone took the Norva (in Norfolk, VA) and shrunk it down to like 500 capacity. Anyways...let me know if you need anything...I practiced and gigged there for years so I know a few people that might be of help.

• Members

haha....

Some of the nicest amps i've ever seen...

.. and they were putting out some of the worst guitars tones ever. My band played a show on new years day and the band setting up after us had a Bogner Uberschall, Vht pitbull, Splawn Pro mod and the new Nitro head. One guitar player was mixing the 2 Splawns and the other had the VHT/ Bogner combo. My jaw dropped when they starting playing, the VHT/bogner dude had the most ice-pickey high end with no fullness at all, seemed like he scooped everything but the treble knobs. He was playing one of those Esp LP/335 guitars, i don't know the model name. The other Guy had a nicer tone, but had too much gain and i couldn't tell what he was playing half the time. He had a Jackson and they each had 2 4x12's and 2 2x12's. I don't understand pumping out that much cash when i'm sure a 5150 or something similar would get you the same type of tones.

courtesy of seymour duncan forum... :D

Archived