• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
haha....

courtesy of seymour duncan forum...
:D

Haha...ouch.

To be honest...the rig is overkill without a doubt. If they don't mind loading all the gear in and out, more power to them. That said, blasting the audience with excessive volume is the best way to get comments like "I think it was good, but it was so loud that everything kinda blurred together." I used to be in a band that loved high stage volume. No matter how tightly we played, there is a certain point at which loud stage volume makes things sound inarticulate and messy. The volume should always come from the PA, and if you don't have one, then you need to get one...not buy thousands of dollars worth of amps to compensate. My advice is that each sell a head and two cabs and use the money to buy some decent Yorkville PA gear. That way you will still be plenty loud and brutal and maintain clarity and consistency under all situations.

• Members

Haha...ouch.

To be honest...the rig is overkill without a doubt. If they don't mind loading all the gear in and out, more power to them. That said, blasting the audience with excessive volume is the best way to get comments like "I think it was good, but it was so loud that everything kinda blurred together." I used to be in a band that loved high stage volume. No matter how tightly we played, there is a certain point at which loud stage volume makes things sound inarticulate and messy. The volume should always come from the PA, and if you don't have one, then you need to get one...not buy thousands of dollars worth of amps to compensate. My advice is that each sell a head and two cabs and use the money to buy some decent Yorkville PA gear. That way you will still be plenty loud and brutal and maintain clarity and consistency under all situations.

+1 all the way:thu:

Love the set up! dont get me wrong, but it just might not come accross nicely live

• Members

Well, I'm not one to contribute to message board drama. The hardcore scene is bad enough but let me make a few points on the subject:

1. Tone is a very subjective thing. We like our tone, and we get enough compliments to satisfy us.

2. This show was in a roller skating ring with just vocals mic'd. Room acoustics anyone? I didn't hear any band with low end in their guitar tone all night.

3. It bums me out to see who it was it said this. We were super nice to that kid and talked to a few mins about stuff. He was nice. But I can only take so much crap from a kid with a splawn cab with a marshall logo on it becuase "it looks cooler". Hahaha

This doesn't bother me. We are open to constructive critisism. I would be happy to guestlist anyone on this forum to come critique our tone. Come out and have a good time.

Archived