I hate the phrase, "Hard working, white Americans"

JBecker

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why are white Americans who make less than 50k the "hardworking" Americans? Why aren't other Americans "hardworking"? Why aren't blacks? Hispanics?

Why are rural Americans the "real" America? Why do politics hate educated people? People from cities or suburbs? Why is the rhetoric that rural Americans are the "real" people in this country?

Hillary plays to her crowd(as do all politicians.) Ever notice how down south she develops a southern twang? It's a {censored}ing joke and people lap it up because they are either dumb or just misinformed. Anyway, on the campaign trail politicians always seem to cater to the lowest common denominator. They need slick catch phrases that even the least intelligent person can understand. In the end you end up with "hard working white americans," "shock and awe," things of that nature.

• Members
and they label anyone brown an illegal immigrant

White people are to {censored} to work fast food and be janitors?

taking over their jobs becuase of their weakness

what:rolleyes:

and they label anyone brown an illegal immigrant

20 million of 'em are.:evil:

• Members
it's all the weed, brother!

;)

It IS the weed. Man people are like man Rob you must be stoned you can barely do your job! Then they laugh and think its great. I never get in any trouble at work and I've been at it for well over 15 months. They love my {censored} there and I do less work than most. It's like they love the fact that they can stereotype the hell out of me. {censored} it, you take what you can get.

It's a great job to have thru college because its deep in the night so I don
t have to really worry about schedule conflicts and I can get as {censored}ed up as I want and go to work and they praise me for it.

I love america.

• Members

Why are white Americans who make less than 50k the "hardworking" Americans? Why aren't other Americans "hardworking"? Why aren't blacks? Hispanics?

Why are rural Americans the "real" America? Why do politics hate educated people? People from cities or suburbs? Why is the rhetoric that rural Americans are the "real" people in this country?

Well, I actually find nothing wrong with it until blacks and other minorities stop using terms that seperate them from the whites.

• Members

I like you my man....but sometimes you just need to unplug.

• Members

If it weren't for labor unions you would be working 90 hours a week for a fraction of what you make now. People actually laid their lives down to establish the standard 40 hour work week as well as fair wages and working conditions for everyone. More people have benefitted from labor unions than the actual union members themselves. Why the hate?

I build the power plants that generate the electricity you take for granted. I build the schools that educate generations. I build the hospitals that care for the sick. Three fine examples of "junk" as you so elloquently put it.

I am a member of The United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters of The United States and Canada and I am proud of my union and it's heritage.

I read an interesting article on the Kellog's company today. It involved them pushing for a 6 hour workday.

"There was, for a time, a visionary alternative. In 1930 Kellogg Company, the world

• Members

I like you my man....but sometimes you just need to unplug.

I mean, I understand why you said this. Sometimes you have to stop and appreciate the things you have in life. At the same time, more people NEED to wake up. How is that going to happen? By spreading knowledge. And if the few people who have the ability to do so "unplug" what are we left with?

I say right the {censored} on, Atarispunk. More people who see what is going on need to speak up. Then again, it's only our's and our children's future that's at stake.

• Members

I mean, I understand why you said this. Sometimes you have to stop and appreciate the things you have in life. At the same time, more people NEED to wake up. How is that going to happen? By spreading knowledge. And if the few people who have the ability to do so "unplug" what are we left with?

I say right the {censored} on, Atarispunk. More people who see what is going on need to speak up. Then again, it's only our's and our children's future that's at stake.

Politicians love when we argue stuff like this. As long as we're concentrating on issues that won't hurt their pocketbook.

• Members

Well, I actually find nothing wrong with it until blacks and other minorities stop using terms that seperate them from the whites.

I find something wrong with it because we, as humans, need to drop all of these labels the are meant to divide us. It's not a, "I'll stop if you stop" situation. We're grownups. We need to see what those in power are doing to us, how they are tailoring our lives to fit their wants and desires.

I believe after "divide" comes "conquer".

• Members

Politicians love when we argue stuff like this. As long as we're concentrating on issues that won't hurt their pocketbook.

Ha! I just posted basically the same thing! Nice!

EDIT: Actually, wait. What I'm talking about, given time to grow and propagate, will DESTROY their pocketbook. It's not the same thing as arguing who is to blame for low test scores in public schools.

• Members

Seriously? Nobody knows this one?

It's because uneducated people are easy to mislead. Get enough of the little brains to think you want what they want, and you can do anything. Pandering to them is easy.

Question: How many of our elected officials fall into the "real Americans" camp?

Answer: Zero.

Are you a "real American?" Here's a simple test.

Is putting glass into car doors a $100,000/year job? (Yes/No)

If you aswered yes, congratulations! You're a "real American!"

Haha.

• Members
Clinton added "white" to it today, but I'm not really writing about Clinton. I'm writing as a Northeastern that's sick that the rest of the country thinks they're somehow more American than we are.

I'm in Oklahoma and don't recall ever hearing any slant that people in the northeast are somehow less hardworking than the rest of the country. Even for those who don't have physically demanding jobs, I've always assumed that some of the most stressful jobs are in the largest cities. :idk:

• Members

I've heard the phrase "hard working immigrants" too. Do you hate that one?

I may even have heard the phrase "hard working illegal aliens" a few times but I'm not sure.

"hard working" is what politicians call lower class americans working blue collar jobs who didnt work hard while they were in school or college. Its a euphemism for "flunkies".

"obama is doing poorly winning the votes of flunky rural americans"-what politicians MEAN.

• Members

I find something wrong with it because we, as humans, need to drop all of these labels the are meant to divide us. It's not a, "I'll stop if you stop" situation. We're grownups. We need to see what those in power are doing to us, how they are tailoring our lives to fit their wants and desires.

I believe after "divide" comes "conquer".

I agree with dropping all the labels. However can't you agree that minorities are finding every little excuse to get into their little groups and scream racism at every turn? They do themselves, and us as a whole, no service.

Last week, in Rhode Island, a black group protested the full name of the state because it is "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations". They had an issue with "Plantations" because of the inference of slavery. Give me a {censored}ing break. Are we supposed to obliterate the word "Plantation" out of our language? Sure, we could rename those places down South where the blacks picked cotton "happy fun parks". But would it really downplay the atrocities that occured on them?

While we're at it, we may as well get rid of the words rope, whip, chains...even the word slavery itself. I mean nothing infers slavery like the word....slavery!

The atrocities occured at the hands of men, not plantations. While people are dwelling on events that happened 150 years ago, their neighborhoods are falling apart. Concentrate on that.

• Members
I'm in Oklahoma and don't recall ever hearing any slant that people in the northeast are somehow less hardworking than the rest of the country. Even for those who don't have physically demanding jobs, I've always assumed that some of the most stressful jobs are in the largest cities.
:idk:

While we're at it, people in larger cities VERY often refer to those in the south as hicks and rednecks, neither one of which I am. :o

• Members
I agree with dropping all the labels. However can't you agree that minorities are finding every little excuse to get into their little groups and scream racism at every turn? They do themselves, and us as a whole, no service.

Last week, in Rhode Island, a black group protested the full name of the state because it is "Rhode Island and Providence Plantations". They had an issue with "Plantations" because of the inference of slavery. Give me a {censored}ing break. Are we supposed to obliterate the word "Plantation" out of our language? Sure, we could rename those places down South where the blacks picked cotton "happy fun parks". But would it really downplay the atrocities that occured on them?

While we're at it, we may as well get rid of the words rope, whip, chains...even the word slavery itself. I mean nothing infers slavery like the word....slavery!

The atrocities occured at the hands of men, not plantations. While people are dwelling on events that happened 150 years ago, their neighborhoods are falling apart. Concentrate on that.

STFU :mad:

Archived