Official Austin Ampfest 3.0 signup thread! 11/1/08

Ron Burgandy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

mowhowski: Where in China are you? Are you gonna ship any guitars home while you can get them really cheap?

Man, i'm stuck out in the sticks at a factory a few hours north of Hong Kong. The absence of a guitar is {censored}ING KILLING ME. I was planning on buying a fiddle while I'm over here, but I don't know that I'll have time. Shipping stuff in or out of the country is a pain in the ass right now anyways since security is clamped down for the Olympics. Chinese border customs is tighter than a ducks butt. I've had several packages that are work-related get hung up in customs for a week because of it. I'll be back in the fall, and I'm gonna try to stop in Japan and see if i can hunt down some CIJ Fenders, maybe an Edwards goldtop if I get a chance.

I'm a transducer designer, working at a speaker factory to oversee some manufacturing. The guys building my stuff also build transducers that go into studio monitors and PA cabinets for several of the the big pro audio companies. I can't mention names, but its funny because people will argue online about quality of one major brand vs. another, but i'm watching them get made by the same workers in the same assembly workshops. Also, they're making some pretty pricey home audio speakers on the same assembly floor as cellphone speakers and clock radio speakers.

{censored}in A, I'm looking forward to tex-mex and dark american beer when i get back. boiled donkey and chicken feet are starting to lose their appeal, and the cheese here is... nonexistent.

• Members

Yes
:idea:

I'd better hear "Play Freebird" at least twice during our set.
:cop:

Oh, man. I was at a prog gig for a friend. Rush/Yes stuff. I yell out "FREEBIRD!" he laughs, and then goes to "show me" and starts playing.... Sweet Home Alabama, the {censored}ing place lost it. He didn't understand until after the gig, it wasn't because the prog band did a few bars of Skynryd.

• Members
Damn if you come up, I have a 2210 you can take back with you and turn into a fire breathing monster for me.
:eek:

Might be simpler just to take care of it there, but I'm not sure what year 2210 you have, so may not be possible "on-site"...

Regardless, I'll have both of mine plus my new toys..
'89 Explorer
'88 EDS-1275 Doubleneck
'56 LP Junior
and of course, a few Ibanez DestroyerII's...(i have 8 of them now, all 1981 - 1984)

hopefully I can make this one..

Jeff

Archived