OT: Bruce Dickinson Flies Heroic Mercy Mission To Save Brits

Megadeth Man

• Members

A big tour operator has gone bust over here leaving a load of Brits "stranded" abroad. In the spirit of wartime Britain, qualified 757 pilot, Brucey has pitched in without hesitation. :lol:

15098741.gif

Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of the heavy metal band Iron Maiden, has told Sky News how he helped a group of XL holidaymakers stranded in Egypt.

Dickinson, a qualified pilot, was captain of the specially-chartered Monarch Airlines jet which flew them from Sharm el Sheikh to Gatwick Airport.

The 50-year-old, who flies the legendary Iron Maiden around on tour, also works as a pilot in his spare time.

He said he was delighted to have been able to help the stricken British travellers.

He told Sky's Alistair Bunkall: "I think they were relieved they were going home and finally that something defnite was happening.

"It 's obviously very stressful being stuck in a foreign country and not knowing 100 percent what's going on.

"It's probably even difficult even for reps of the company to find out 100 percent what's going on."

It was not the first time Dickinson has been involved in a mercy mission.

In the summer of 2006 he flew about 200 UK citizens home from Lebanon during the Israel/Hezbollah conflict.

The following February he flew the Rangers football team to Israel for their UEFA cup game against Hapoel Tel Aviv.

Dickinson is employed as a part-time captain by charter airline Astraeus who supplied him to Monarch.

He was taught to fly by senior British Airways pilot Phil Dales.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/XL-Holiday-Firm-Crash-Rock-Legend-Helps-Brit-Holiday-Makers-Stranded-In-Egypt/Article/200809215098727?lpos=Business_0&lid=ARTICLE_15098727_XL%2BHoliday%2BFirm%2BCrash%253A%2BRock%2BLegend%2BHelps%2BBrit%2BHoliday%2BMakers%2BStranded%2BIn%2BEgypt%2B

Up The Irons, and all that.

• Members

thats {censored}ing pimp! Heres a guy that could sit on his ass the rest of his life, hes already a legend in music, could still nail 24 year old groupies and live like a king...yet he gives his time to great things like this. That is just so cool to see. Thats a good dude right there.

• Members

Hes a good pilot, he flew a mate of mine a few years ago. Good bloke too

James

That's cool to hear. I had no idea he even had a bit of spare time to learn to fly, let alone be a very good pilot. I'd hate to be stranded in a country I wasn't familiar with, but it'd be worth it if Bruce Dickinson showed up to haul my sorry @ss outta' there. :D:cool:

• Members

Bruce was, is and always will be a great natured, cultured all around good guy. This was known by Iron Maiden fans in the 80's when their tongue in cheek album covers had them labeled as satanists and bad influences on our youth. Yeah, like Tipper Gore or any other one of those overprivileged self righteous cunts on the PMRC would have sacrificed themselves to help out their fellow men or women like Bruce did here.

Bruce is an accomplished fencer, ballet dancer, singer and airline pilot. What have the members of the PMRC done lately other than live off the fruits of this country through their husbands?

BTW, what wasnt said in the story was that Bruce made the passengers all listen to the full Iron Maiden catalog at full blast during the flight. I hope they were fans! :)

Archived