Evan666

• Members

Who needs pedals!? :mad:

I get teh bettur toanz wif no pedals:love::love:

Anyone else do the same?

Volume and tone knobs FTW!:thu:

:p

• Members

If you wanna play samey stuff then its cool :-) 1 hour plus sets with the same sound drags like {censored} on the crowd. The most memorable music with guitars often has layers.

Purple rain (lush chorus etc etc)

Roxanne (biggest pedal board in the 80's)

Pantera (wha, whammy, chorus eyc)

No More tears, chorus, staggered slave effect etc

Van halen runnin with the devil awesome reverb

Entombed, boosting with distortion pedals

Voivod: Phasers, flangers and every other effect

Best music has layers and depth. Even Ace of Spades etc used Rat boosts etc.

• Members

I have a {censored}load of pedals. Well, maybe not a whole {censored}load. I have around 20 to 30 pedals, including some nice boutique stuff, but I hardly ever use them live. I don't even plug into a tuner, its just straight to the amp. When I do use a pedal live, its usually a compressor.

I like having the extra tone options I get from pedals but I prefer to gig straight into an amp if the gig allows for it. Less {censored} to break down on me.

My pedal collection is ridiculous. For example, I never use a wah, yet I think I have three of them. :freak:

• Members

i was a plug straight in guy for years and years, then my bandmates got annoyed that i didn't have a stage tuner, so i got one... then i kept having feedback issues at the volumes we were playing so i got a noise gate... then i wanted a wah pedal for the occasional solo.... then i thought hey man i'll bet i could get some interesting {censored} going on if i added a delay... that was it. see my signature for the end result... and i don't have close to all of the stuff i want.

• Members

I've a couple of pedals, but once I've some rack gear (and the money to buy it with!), I'll have fewer. I'm not an effects-junkie. I only really need a TS-ish OD pedal, and I wouldn't mind having an RC Booster and BB Preamp to play with as well, my small stone and possibly a chorus, and then my wah and volume pedal. I guess a tuner would be useful, too...

• Members

I often do my praise gig straight into the amp.

I have a lot of options - 3 channels on the F50, two pu's on the PC2 with independent tone and volumes, and a foot switch reverb, that's a lot.

I can also reach back and change my tone settings. I can get good rock, blues, jazz and funk tones out of that set up. The PC2 and the F50 are both very versatile.

Other gigs I do use pedals but straight into the amp is my favorite tone.

• Members

You "straight into amp" advocates, have any of you guys really sat down and played with a good delay pedal? I used to be one of those hardcore "straight into amp" dudes and it got real boring. I've recently switched to a single channel Fender 4x10 combo and a pedalboard. Even though my board only has a wah, tuner, dirt, and delay I feel like my sound is so much better now and with just that one delay pedal I have so many ways to change my sound.

• Members
You "straight into amp" advocates, have any of you guys really sat down and played with a good delay pedal? I used to be one of those hardcore "straight into amp" dudes and it got real boring. I've recently switched to a single channel Fender 4x10 combo and a pedalboard. Even though my board only has a wah, tuner, dirt, and delay I feel like my sound is so much better now and with just that one delay pedal I have so many ways to change my sound.

GTFO with tEH UNBROOTLZ!:mad::mad:

:lol:

• Members
You "straight into amp" advocates, have any of you guys really sat down and played with a good delay pedal?

Yes, and a wah, phaser, tremolo, etc..

The only reason I plug straight into my amp is that I've got little monies. :cop: But if I had the money, a delay, chorus, wah, and EQ would be between me and my amp. :thu:

• Members

Ah I see. I was in the same situation where I didn't want to spend any more money on gear because other things came first before gear obviously. So what I did was sell my DSL100/1960BX for about $1200. Used $600 and bought an old '59 Bassman RI and new tubes and had $600 leftover for pedals. I bought myself a nice PT Jr, a TU-2, a DD-20, power supply, and a dirt box. I already had a wah. Obviously all of that didn't cost $600 because I went used. In the end, I was able to actually have a cheaper setup and be happier than I was before.

The DD-20 is amazing because with the modulation mode I can cop a flange and chorus effect so I didn't have to buy those 2 pedals. Sure it's not the greatest flange and chorus effect but I'm not too anal.

• Members
Ah I see. I was in the same situation where I didn't want to spend any more money on gear because other things came first before gear obviously. So what I did was sell my DSL100/1960BX for about $1200. Used $600 and bought an old '59 Bassman RI and new tubes and had $600 leftover for pedals. I bought myself a nice PT Jr, a TU-2, a DD-20, power supply, and a dirt box. I already had a wah. Obviously all of that didn't cost $600 because I went used. In the end, I was able to actually have a cheaper setup and be happier than I was before.

The DD-20 is amazing because with the modulation mode I can cop a flange and chorus effect so I didn't have to buy those 2 pedals. Sure it's not the greatest flange and chorus effect but I'm not too anal.

:thu:

Archived