Quit or wait to get fired?

Antipownt

• Members

unemployment doesn't start if you quit.

if theres another job to get, never prolong misery.

don't quit if you're supporting a family.

if you've got nothing to lose, never keep a {censored} job... but theres always a MORE {censored} job out there, and sometimes theres a LESS {censored} job..

• Members

unemployment doesn't start if you quit.

if theres another job to get, never prolong misery.

don't quit if you're supporting a family.

if you've got nothing to lose, never keep a {censored} job... but theres always a MORE {censored} job out there, and sometimes theres a LESS {censored} job..

Philosophy accepted. Next Philosophy please.

• Members

definately get fired, you wont get unemployment if you quit, and i think they just bumped unemployment up from six months to a year. i made the mistake a few times of telling my boss to go {censored} himself before he said i was fired when i could have just waited till after he fired me and i would have still been getting paid

• Members

definately get fired, you wont get unemployment if you quit, and i think they just bumped unemployment up from six months to a year. i made the mistake a few times of telling my boss to go {censored} himself before he said i was fired when i could have just waited till after he fired me and i would have still been getting paid

You CAN quit and collect-If you can prove that your employer made you do jobs outside of your description without a raise in pay. You may have to wait a few weeks as it goes through adjudication, but you can collect. I did back in 1997. My employer was laying people off, and I was basically doing 8 jobs. I asked for a raise to compensate, and they refused (somewhat unprofessionally, I may add) I quit, I collected for 3 months before I landed another job.

Archived