Show us your DOGS!

Chrisjd

• Members

Here's my girl Nickie". She's a "rescue" brittany that we adopted 2 years ago. She spent her first 10 years in a cage at a puppy mill cranking out litters of pups. When her guts fell out birthing her last litter, the owners dumped her out of a car in rural NoCal and left her for dead. A local farmer saw her, thought she was dead, saw her breathing, and took her to the local vet. The vet knew where she came from, patched her up, put her in a foster home, and listed her on the American Brittany Rescue website, which is where we found out about her. The wife and I drove from PDX to Altura NoCal to get her. Now she's blind and deaf, but she's happy, healthy, gets her daily walks, eats REAL good, and pretty much runs our house.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's my girl Nickie". She's a "rescue" brittany that we adopted 2 years ago. She spent her first 10 years in a cage at a puppy mill cranking out litters of pups. When her guts fell out birthing her last litter, the owners dumped her out of a car in rural NoCal and left her for dead. A local farmer saw her, thought she was dead, saw her breathing, and took her to the local vet. The vet knew where she came from, patched her up, put her in a foster home, and listed her on the American Brittany Rescue website, which is where we found out about her. The wife and I drove from PDX to Altura NoCal to get her. Now she's blind and deaf, but she's happy, healthy, gets her daily walks, eats REAL good, and pretty much runs our house.

That is incredibly sad, but heartwarming all at the same time. I just can't believe what some people will put puppies through. :(

• Members

Heh.. Ok, here is my dog.. IN fact it is my kid's dog. We inherited him after one of the neighbor's moved and her apartment couldn't have dogs.. So of course my kids wanted him.. At first I couldnt stand how little he was(3lbs), but he has grown on me quite a bit.. Even though he is the weakest dog on the planet he still behaves like all the dog's I had before.. He's cool..

debspictures049.jpg

Archived