Looking for (1) Amp to do it All

slappymcfinkles

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok here's the story ~ my band (MsBehavin) plays a little bit of everything ~ Classic Rock, New Rock, and Country. My current rig is a ptp black face twin reverb (aka the twin reefer) and an early 70's Marshall Super Lead through my board (Modded Vox wah, Modded TS-9, OCD, Keeley MT/2, Analogman Clone Chorus and tuner) with a couple old Gibson Les Pauls, Gretsch 6120 and CS 62 SG Std.

I normally gig the Twin because it's nice and clean and you can color the sound with the pedalboard. The Marshall will do all the od/distortion you could want but it won't clean up for the country stuff. I'm to the point where I'm looking for one amp to do it all and leave the board at home (minus a tuner, chorus, and a wah) I want one all tube amp that can go from Fender Clean, to Bad Company OD/distortion, to Alice in Chains. I'm kind of leaning towards a Mesa Triple but any other insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

I'll throw in a Peavey Classic 50 212 to be considered.

Clean channel is excellent - warm but not muddy and bright but not sterile.

The OD channel will do Classic Rock with ease and if you add in a good distortion pedal you will be able to get a workable tone for New Rock.

• Members

RIVERA CHUBSTER 40 or 55!!!

Channel Two is Fender Heaven. Sparkly cleans with cool overdrive!

Channel one is Classic Marshall crunch.

All tube- EL-34's very versatile and tweakable.

I dont even run any pedals with it.

Read the reviews, they have the reliability thing down.

1000.00 new, and about 600 used.

Chiggity- check it out.

• Members

Fender Cyber Twin SE. It will do what you want and is set up in a familiar layout. Check out these links.

The first one is for the first generation Cyber Twin but it tells everything you would ever want to know.

The second one is me from a couple of years ago. Excuse the playing. It does give an idea of the amps overdriven tone w/ no external pedals recorded live w/ nothing but a video camera's crappy mic.

The third one is a link to some sounds done on another site. These are great representations of the amps capabilities as done by a gigging musician.
http://livemusiciancentral.com/fender-cyber-twin-se-amplifier-preset-downloads/

PeAcE

• Members

I'll check out the Vetta ~ I have a buddy with one. My next problem with the SS stuff is too many options. If I have more than 3 knobs on a pedal I get kind of bored with it. I'm a big proponet for keeping it simple : )

Well, I'd suggest the Mesa Road King or H&K Triamp, but they are not for people averse to buttons.

Archived