Kinglake- a whole mountain up in flames

petejt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They found one bloke who started the bushfire over in Gippsland.

But not the one who set fire to Kinglake though.

I live over in Perth, so wasn't affected by the Victorian Bushfires. We're still bushfire-prone though, and I'm sure there's a fire somewhere nearby. The wind is really fierce too, and I can still smell smoke on it which is keeping me awake. Must be Kings Park.

• Members

They found one bloke who started the bushfire over in Gippsland.

But not the one who set fire to Kinglake though.

I live over in Perth, so wasn't affected by the Victorian Bushfires. We're still bushfire-prone though, and I'm sure there's a fire somewhere nearby. The wind is really fierce too, and I can still smell smoke on it which is keeping me awake. Must be Kings Park.

Are you saying there's yet another different fire that's been started through possibly nefarious motivations?

• Members

Are you saying there's yet another different fire that's been started through possibly nefarious motivations?

There definitely must be a fire somewhere in my local area. Not as big as the Kinglake bushfire though (THANK GOD). It's settled down now I think, I can't smell the smoke anymore. I guess the wind was so strong it made it burn harder and spread the smoke further. I reckon it was Kings Park (don't confuse that with Kinglake).

Still, it did worry me, it's 3:10am and I'm still awake. I've got a rent inspection in the morning (and haven't finished cleaning my room) and need to discuss how to evict our feral housemate, a job interview in 11 hours time and then traipse to the freight depot to pick up some stuff then trudge home to kick out the feral.

• Members

There definitely must be a fire somewhere in my local area. Not as big as the Kinglake bushfire though (THANK GOD). It's settled down now I think, I can't smell the smoke anymore. I guess the wind was so strong it made it burn harder and spread the smoke further. I reckon it was Kings Park (don't confuse that with Kinglake).

Still, it did worry me, it's 3:10am and I'm still awake. I've got a rent inspection in the morning (and haven't finished cleaning my room) and need to discuss how to evict our feral housemate, a job interview in 11 hours time and then traipse to the freight depot to pick up some stuff then trudge home to kick out the feral.

fyourlife

• Members

MadMaxtheferalKid.jpg

Gotta be careful with those ferals, they'll decapitate you with a boomerang. :o

• Members

MadMaxtheferalKid.jpg

Gotta be careful with those ferals, they'll decapitate you with a boomerang.
:o

She's a Kiwi. Paler & more pasty-faced than an albino dipped in formaldehyde & bleach. Skinny as a rake, and probably a crackwhore in the past. When she's drunk she SCREECHES, it makes me ears bleed. She's 30 and has a 10 year old son (single mother) that visits her on holidays- he's actually sane and knows she is a fuckwit. She dyed her hair red, but her hair keeps falling out and I find big strands of it all through the house. I half-filled a shopping bag with it while mopping Sunday arvo :freak: . One evening a friend of ours rocked up and then suddenly this feral was there. She spun some hard luck story about finding a place to live, and I fell for it hook line & sinker. :facepalm: At first it just seemed she needed somewhere to crash two or three nights a week while working late, so I didn't mind. Then she moves right in and take over half of the house. If she at least used her bedroom rather than sleep in the front sitting room & dining room I wouldn't care so much. And also, since she's moved in money has been stolen from the other housemates on three occasions. All the rest of us know each other well enough to trust each other, and already a mate of ours warned not to trust her. It's about time we chucked this feral out, and due to my friendliness it's up to me to do the deed.

And fuck I still haven't gone to bed yet, couldn't sleep. I just hope that the real estate agent comes at 8:30am on the dot so I can get the inspection over and done with, then snooze until lunchtime and then be fresh & ready for my job interview at 2:30 in the arvo.

• Members

Those Healseville fires came close to me, two towns over. I think they've died down now, but the other day the smoke was so thick that you couldn't see what was 100 meters ahead.

There was a fire that needed 300 firetrucks at the scene too. This {censored}'s horrible.

• Members

My girlfriend and her family lost their home and friends in kinglake.

Her family are all ok!!

Although her and her 12yr old brother were at my place (safe), her mother / brother and grandparents where trapped in Yea for 2 days, and her father was trapped at the house in kinglake as the fire passed through!

He was hiding behind his car on their front lawn wearing a pair of shorts and thongs! He somehow survived!! He used a wet blanket to cover himself and to breathe through.

He watched as a 9yr old girl, her 14yr old brother and two 21yr old sisters burned in the house up the street. There was nothing they could do to save them.

The 9yr old girl sang xmas carols to us just before xmas last yr.

We lost contact with him for a few hrs, he called us and said there was fire everywhere and he couldn

• Members

My girlfriend and her family lost their home and friends in kinglake.

Her family are all ok!!

Although her and her 12yr old brother were at my place (safe), her mother / brother and grandparents where trapped in Yea for 2 days, and her father was trapped at the house in kinglake as the fire passed through!

He was hiding behind his car on their front lawn wearing a pair of shorts and thongs! He somehow survived!! He used a wet blanket to cover himself and to breathe through.

He watched as a 9yr old girl, her 14yr old brother and two 21yr old sisters burned in the house up the street. There was nothing they could do to save them.

The 9yr old girl sang xmas carols to us just before xmas last yr.

We lost contact with him for a few hrs, he called us and said there was fire everywhere and he couldn

• Members

Much appreciated mate!

thankyou very much

It's the least I can do, although it's really nothing. I've never had to experience losing my home and I'm grateful for that.

pics of the gf.:o

Archived