Kinglake- a whole mountain up in flames

petejt

• Members

This is fucking worse than Ash Wednesday. :freak::cry:

australia_fires_01_483004a.jpg

I knew about the bushfires in Victoria throughout the past week, but only just tonight on the news found out how savage it's been. There's over a hundred people DEAD and expected to exceed 200. 5000 people are homeless. There was no warning, and families either hid in the gutter or their car, somehow got out of there, or were burnt alive......

aerial_narrowweb__300x371,0.jpg

Kinglake could become a ghost town.

I reckon the arsonists that deliberately lit the fires should be

BURNED

AT

THE

STAKE.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a nightmare. I couldn't believe the landscape and deaths on the news channel here. Utter destruction.

Was it determined to be arson?

Yes it was arson to start with. With the extreme heat and dryness, it doesn't take much to set the whole mountain on fire.

The Prime Minister was at a loss for words, he was devastated about what they had done. He said "What can you say? It's nothing short of mass murder............"

• Members

Yes it was arson to start with. With the extreme heat and dryness, it doesn't take much to set the whole mountain on fire.

The Prime Minister was at a loss for words, he was devastated about what they had done. He said "What can you say? It's nothing short of mass murder............"

Horrific thing to do.

Horrific thing to go through.

I can't imagine the hardship.

• Members

I've been trying to keep up with the news on the fires. You know it's serious {censored} when the news media here takes time away from the latest celebrity gossip in Hollyweird to report on something in another part of the world.

I know we've all read about wildfires before but this one sounds particularly nasty. I've read/heard accounts of people diving into wombat dens and ponds for whatever safety they can get because the fires spread so darned fast.

I agree with the sentiment of burning them at the stake, but only after a weekend with Rosie O'Donnell wearing a strap-on, the lights on and NO lube.

• Members

Apparently they had about 2 minutes warning. A lot didn't even make it to the end of their driveway. Yes it has been confirmed some fires have been lit, there is a full scale state tactical squad combing for evidence for prosecution. I played a gig at the Kinglake football club a couple of years ago we had a ball, nice people. It's about an hour away from me too.

• Members

Apparently they had about 2 minutes warning. A lot didn't even make it to the end of their driveway. Yes it has been confirmed some fires have been lit, there is a full scale state tactical squad combing for evidence for prosecution. I played a gig at the Kinglake football club a couple of years ago we had a ball, nice people. It's about an hour away from me too.

I hope these arsonists get caught. They should be executed for this.

• Members

The Prime Minister was at a loss for words, he was devastated about what they had done. He said "What can you say? It's nothing short of mass murder.........
..."

I have been watching this and it is a complete horror story.

I heard about a guys so badly burnt his skin was hanging off holding his hurt daughter.

He went to his neighbour for help and both his other daughter and wife were already dead.

A terrible thing to happen.

• Members

I hope these arsonists get caught. They should be executed for this.

Agreed. I am near ringwood at the moment and the smoke was still pretty visible today. I won't even go into the toll from people i work with - homes lost and even now still about 24 fires out of control. with no rain, windy days expected, and temperatures back into the low 30's by the end of the week i really feel sorry for the firefighters...

• Members

BBC had a report that some dude was seen driving in a truck through the brush (maybe on an old rail bed) getting out & setting fires on both sides. What in the world was that guy thinking?

he should be killed

• Members

Holy fuck man. That was all because of arson? I heard about the fires, I figured they were from the dry weather. The U.S. has them almost on a yearly, if not yearly basis in the west. That's terrible.
:cry:

A lot of Australia, particularly Victoria, is very prone to bushfires. It gets very dry there and for people living in the bushland it can be rather hazardous during this time of year.

The reason why so many suffered was because there was no warning. Some cunts started a fire, and within minutes it got right out of control, just shot right up the mountain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I can smell smoke right now. It's keeping me awake. The wind is blowing a gale outside. Even downstairs in the study with everything closed up, I can smell the smoke coming through the upstairs kitchen window and down to underneath the study door. It must be Kings Park on fire, or maybe Trigg Bushland.

Archived