NGD!! Finally Arrived!

Guiary

• Members

Man I love this guitar!

DSCN1772.jpg

It feels so nice and finally being able to get upper fret access with ease is awesome!

Can't wait to swap the pickups, which are on order, and put a thicker gauge of strings on it too. The stock 9s are just too loose for my likings.

DSCN1773.jpg

It's going to be tough not taking it to practice today, but I want to wait till the pickups are changed and new strings put on it. Until then it'll give me some time to bond with it.

• Members

Happy NGD!

A strange coincidence as I was just checking these guitars out on the ESP site last night.

Not really my style of guitar at all, but the Page Hamilton fanboy in me has me looking at the Horizons.

I usually like quilted & flamed tops, but I think I would prefer something more subdued on this axe.

• Members

It's going to be tough not taking it to practice today, but I want to wait till the pickups are changed and new strings put on it. Until then it'll give me some time to bond with it.

yeah really hard seeing as how the JB sounds like ass in that guitar:rolleyes:

im sure itll sound good..maybe not as good as it could, but definitely do-able.

HNGD.

• Members

I've never been a fan of JB pickups, it's all a matter of taste. My other guitarist has one in his epi LP and while it sounds good and all just not my flavor:idk:

although I will say I dig what they have in the neck.

• Members
yeah really hard seeing as how the JB sounds like ass in that guitar:rolleyes:

im sure itll sound good..maybe not as good as it could, but definitely do-able.

HNGD.

Maybe I'm just cheap, I don't want to change strings on the guitar to only have them on for about a week and cut them off.:facepalm:

• Members

:facepalm:
New strings, ok...but try the pickups in that guitar for a while. If you really don't like the Duncans in other guitars, at least give them a chance in this one.

• Members

Beautifull, I have one too!

DSCF0807.jpg

Yours inspired me to say {censored} it I'm saving for one.

And since the pickups are on back order/waiting for them to arrive I'll take the advice of all and try and live with the Seymour Duncan pickups for now.

• Members

Man sexy guitar! I'm a big ESP nut myself. As for the pickups, at least give the JBs a chance. I went through the phase of thinking I hated JBs because of all the {censored} about them on the internet. When I actually got down to really playing around with them, like lowering the pickup height, playing with amp settings, and running a good OD for boost, I think it's safe to say that it's the best pickup that Duncan makes. Duncans go so well with ESPs too. The maple in neck thru guitars brings out the secret potential of the JB.

• Members
Ya this is my first time trying out an ebony fret board and I have to say I really like it.

The neck-body joint is very comfortable as well.

HNGD mate.
I have 3 guitars with ebony boards now.
The ebony love all started with an Edwards Sykes LP.
Watch out now, you'll be gassing for more after discovering the magic of ebony. :love:

Oh, and get some clips of your Hydra up mang.
I still haven't heard any Hydra tones. :mad:

Archived