Does John Petrucci look like a jackass now after months of working out?

5ththrax

• Members

Don't get me wrong because I like Petrucci. I think some of his older stuff is great. I think I&W and Awake were awesome. I'm getting on him about being a poser.

:poke:

Same. I've said it many times before, I like the older DT stuff and still listen to it. Everything up to when Rudess joined the band still gets play time with me. Octavarium was the last one I bought, and like the few before it, I thought it was utter crap. :o

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, wait this guy and petrucci are douches now because they work out? I don't get it. Who sent out the memo that you either gotta be a fat bastard or a skinny lil bitch to shred?

How do you know this guy above doesn't play on a sports team? maybe fights MMA or some {censored}? hmm? He prob goes balls deep into some hot 21 year old blond girl every night.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Though, petrucci's pic in the beginning of this thread is a bit douchey lol.

Making videos waist up naked playing guitar showing the biceps is a bit Spartacus.

Not that there's anything wrong wit that.

• Members

i cant stand JP. He is one step away from a backstreet boy the way he takes these photos with shirts 3 sizes too small and wind blowing his Panteened locks. He is the ultimate douchebag.

He's about a million times better than you at guitar, so none of that really matters, now does it...? No sweat off his balls, you're the one that's complaining, not him.

• Members

Honestly, Petrucci's my favorite player but I love Meshuggah also. Anyways, you want a guitarist that looks like a dousche :

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HSDgkEUmXz8/Sl1nBv8eBKI/AAAAAAAAAMI/vevjQm89CEw/s400/steve-vai.jpg

Or how about :

http://atlanta.metblogs.com/archives/images/2005/12/YngwieHorns.jpg

Honestly, you people compare Petrucci's playing to Malmsteen meaning you say its just shred shred shred that you've heard before. Have you listened to Wither's solo and Best of Times solo from the new album or how about the intro and end solos to Count of Tuscany? Thats three solos that aren't shred fests on their new album. Or have you only listened to like 1 or 2 Dream Theater songs in your life.

• Members

Honestly, Petrucci's my favorite player but I love Meshuggah also. Anyways, you want a guitarist that looks like a dousche :

Or how about :

Honestly, you people compare Petrucci's playing to Malmsteen meaning you say its just shred shred shred that you've heard before. Have you listened to Wither's solo and Best of Times solo from the new album or how about the intro and end solos to Count of Tuscany? Thats three solos that aren't shred fests on their new album. Or have you only listened to like 1 or 2 Dream Theater songs in your life.

isn't this thread about Pet douche dude and his new found zachy Mc wylder musculature that looks phony, posed, and plain not tough or n'z rough? Of course dude can play. He wouldn't be in a guitar mag if he couldn't.

Archived