Does John Petrucci look like a jackass now after months of working out?

5ththrax

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, Petrucci's my favorite player but I love Meshuggah also. Anyways, you want a guitarist that looks like a dousche :

Or how about :

Honestly, you people compare Petrucci's playing to Malmsteen meaning you say its just shred shred shred that you've heard before. Have you listened to Wither's solo and Best of Times solo from the new album or how about the intro and end solos to Count of Tuscany? Thats three solos that aren't shred fests on their new album. Or have you only listened to like 1 or 2 Dream Theater songs in your life.

I`ve listened to DT pretty much 4 times a week in average since 1991.

Petrucci`s taste has deteriorated to my ears.

IMHO.

He used to make interesting melodies, whereas nowadays it`s a lot more technique. Still to my ears. My take on the cause of change is Jordan Rudess. He`s a fantastic keyboard player, but wanks off waaaaaaaay too much. Kevin Moore was a technical monster, but still had taste enough to make DT listenable to non-musicians. JP probably got caught up in the need for speed together with Jordan..

• Members

That's right bitches, I'm bringing this thread back. :mad:

Well done retard. You've posted a song from their 2nd album, back when they still had Kevin Moore. That DT is nothing at all like what they've been for the last what is it, 5 albums? They've had Rudess in the band for about 10 years now, and all the work they've done in that time has been pointless wankery. :idea: As I've said many times, I like I&W. Apart from the bollocks lyrics, UAGM is a cool song. But have they done anything as good as that in the last 10 years? I think not.

Oh, and...

Thomas Lejon > Mike Portnoy :cop:

• Members

I did hear he was haning out with Carrottop, shootin' the 'roids.:thu:

By the way, has anyone seen the Jason Null dude from Saving Abel? OMG, saw them in concert and they sounded great, but I couldn't get past thinking "Something about what I am seeing here doesn't belong." Caused me immense perceptual dysphoria!

• Members

How bout these guys................
:snax:

alicecooperKane.jpg

manowar.jpg

15.jpg

1. Looks 80s, so at least there's an excuse :o

2. Douches, although that's far from being the douchiest looking pic of them around. :lol: (loincloths anyone?)

3. Douche

4. Looks like just a dude in a singlet, rather than a douche trying to show how cool/manly he is. :idk:

In fact, I want to see a CB vs JP fight. :lol:

Archived