OT: Horrorcore "Artist" Massacres Family

Chrisjd

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The difference between most death metal and this is that no one takes death metal seriously. The idiots who are into horrorcore rap and the somewhat related ICP take it VERY seriously. Its more akin to the kvlt black metal idiots that aren't around much anymore.

I sometimes really hate how technology and civilization have removed humanity from the real contest of survival. This kid is one of the many who wouldn't have made it very far. At least he hasn't polluted the world with his genes yet.

• Members

Let's blame the music for the deeds of another mentally disturbed person. How predictable. It's always nice to blame completely irrational things and turn your eyes away from the real problems and cause. Next they'll surely find out that he also played violent video games and watched horror movies. :facepalm:

• Members

Dumb headline. This is like if some metal guy here murdered people and the news ran the story as "death metal artist massacres family". People murder people because they're {censored}ed up in the head, not because they play metal music or play video games.

• Members

Let's blame the music for the deeds of another mentally disturbed person. How predictable. It's always nice to blame completely irrational things and turn your eyes away from the real problems and cause. Next they'll surely find out that he also played violent video games and watched horror movies.
:facepalm:

I'm not blaming the music, but if you have these cretins in Finland or wherever the hell you're from, you would know that there is a particular subculture around the music. That subculture includes a lot of absurd things that somehow these people take deathly serious. I think its more of a "birds of a feather flock together" kind of thing. I wouldn't say this kid is mentally ill either, because you can't execute the mentally ill in most states. This kid needs to take a long dirt nap.

• Members
Let's blame the music for the deeds of another mentally disturbed person. How predictable. It's always nice to blame completely irrational things and turn your eyes away from the real problems and cause. Next they'll surely find out that he also played violent video games and watched horror movies.
:facepalm:

So what are the real problems this kid faced?

• Members

How the hell should I know, but no sane person does that kind of thing.

What if it turns out that he did it because he thought it would make him a star amongst his fellow juggalos? He was making music himself, after all. All supposition, but its a possible explanation.

• Members
What if it turns out that he did it because he thought it would make him a star amongst his fellow juggalos? He was making music himself, after all. All supposition, but its a possible explanation.

It's all possible but I still fail to see how that would mean that music drove him to do that stuff? A sane person wouldn't see murdering people as a way to impress friends, right? Or do you perhaps impress your friends that way... :facepalm:

• Members

You're taking implied lines from certain songs.

This Horrorcore is based on killing, mutilating the corpses, etc... There is nothing else to it. When the entire genre is simply focused on harming others, I don't understand the need to protect it.

So is death metal. Bunch of blues songs deal about killing your unfaithful wife etc. Many rock/punk songs glorify violence. If you want, you can find explicit content from just about any music genre. That still doesn't make people violent murderers. How about the bands whose lyrics are so artistic that they hardly make any sense? Are they music for completely insane people?

It's a total {censored}ing FAIL to blame things like music of things such as this happening! ...And I said that regardless of hating juggalos and horrorcore rap from my whole heart.

• Members

You're taking implied lines from certain songs.

This Horrorcore is based on killing, mutilating the corpses, etc... There is nothing else to it. When the entire genre is simply focused on harming others, I don't understand the need to protect it.

Of course, I'm not a huge fan of "free speech". I don't believe people should be allowed to say whatever they want, whenever they want. It's been abused to the point we now have people defending music that exists solely to promote killing, and mutilation. I don't understand the redeeming qualities here, aside from giving angry teenagers a reason to act out.

The only problem is figuring out what's really offensive and what just offends the easily offended.

I judge juggalos in the court of rock and roll, which has somewhat relaxed due process laws.

Archived